Author Topic: tOP 5 bFAST sHOWS yOU\'VE sEEN tHIS yEAR...  (Read 2125 times)

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
tOP 5 bFAST sHOWS yOU\'VE sEEN tHIS yEAR...
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2005, 03:19:34 pm »
I can send you what you need Gordo just PM me if you still are in need
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2005, 05:49:50 pm »
Gencs...no love for the Block Island show?  I thought that show got downright NASTY!

I have now been able to listen to both Rev Hall and moe.down and without being at either, no bias towards anything but music...I feel Rev Hall blows moe.down out of the water.  Honestly, after listening to moe.down all the way through...set 3 is the only thing that is above the (very high of course) 2005 average set/show.  Iron Horse had much more interesting things going on during jams than m/d.  Again, i really like the moe.down show, but, there have definitely been more next-level shows than that.  Now, of course it is a HUGE show, in the Breakfast history, and hopefully was AMAZING in others eyes, but I feel it was about avg.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2005, 06:42:26 pm »
6/10 ~ Porters just because i requested the puppetry>mooboo\'s>wuiac>voodoo>puppetry and they played it and it was goooood!

8/20 ~ Puppethouse from the very first note to the very last, these two sets of breakfast are unreal. and they also played a nice second set ;)

4/9 ~ UAC i actually think that playing-wise, this was a better show than 6/10. the m00b00s>no quarter and the gladys>score>pimp>score are some of the absolute best playing i\'ve ever heard by anybody.

4/2 ~ Johns Hopkins University a dreary, rainy night with few folks in attendance, but those who were, were blown away. rowdy pre-meds everywhere! musically, a great jam>sleeping b, gravity>flower punk>gravity, help>slip>doughboy?!, tgsot and the wildest sweet leaf ever. seriously. the discs do it no justice at all. you had to have been there to see all four headbanging, jordan leap over his keys to the floor, adrian\'s rockstar vocal stylings... it was just nuts!

2/17 ~ Velvet Lounge it took two or three songs to work out soundcheck issues, the venue was serly un-ser, but once they got going it was FUN. i mean, come on, gravity>rufus>gravity?!?!?!!!!

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2005, 07:15:58 pm »
Quote from: derickw
2005-08-19 The Puppet House Theater
2005-08-13 Acoustic Cafe
2005-08-07 Family Jam
2005-03-12 the Call
2005-06-11 Porters

Confirmed, except the Family Jam because I was not their.

Quote from: WALSH
Gencs...no love for the Block Island show?  I thought that show got downright NASTY!

I have now been able to listen to both Rev Hall and moe.down and without being at either, no bias towards anything but music...I feel Rev Hall blows moe.down out of the water.  Honestly, after listening to moe.down all the way through...set 3 is the only thing that is above the (very high of course) 2005 average set/show.  Iron Horse had much more interesting things going on during jams than m/d.  Again, i really like the moe.down show, but, there have definitely been more next-level shows than that.  Now, of course it is a HUGE show, in the Breakfast history, and hopefully was AMAZING in others eyes, but I feel it was about avg.

Walshy, with you on the Block Island show. Great time and show
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2005, 04:41:01 pm »
Off topic but P&S you always have the best avatars :lol:
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2005, 05:27:38 pm »
Quote from: WALSH

Block Island was the hardest decision to make as far as cutting it from my list.....It would be #6 or #7 if there wasnt at tie for #5
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph