Author Topic: The Breakfast announce Star Wars as this year\'s Fonghoulish Freakout theme!  (Read 22901 times)

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
The Breakfast announce Star Wars as this year\'s Fonghoulish Freakout theme!
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2005, 12:47:34 pm »
I should\'ve seen all this comin a mile away, sooooooooooooo..., any other costume ideas? :deadhorse: :starwars:
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2005, 12:48:56 pm »
writing a storyoutline and directing a film are VERY different.  HE took other people\'s art and ruined it, Irvin Kershner and Richard Marquand are the artists behind ESB and ROTJ, to take someone else\'s work and re-edit/shoot it is againast everything i think film stands for, being an art form

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2005, 12:49:03 pm »
MedicoreRich, still waiting for a reply about the tix....  I will know soon....  As far as this starwars talk, first off starwars is a cultural phenomenon the likes of which is unattained by anyother film franchise ever.  George Lucas, no matter how much of a pretentious douchebag he may be, reserves the right to do whatever he wants to his movies....  not to mention that the guy is a marketing genius and changed forever the way movies and media, for that matter, were marketed and distributed....for good or bad...
now all come post in my timmy tour rotation setlist thread!!!!!
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2005, 12:53:51 pm »
they are not his films....  he may own the rights, but if i bought the rights to citizen kane and re-edited it, i dont think people would dig it

another analogy would be that Paul McCartney decides to remix Abbey Road for the sake of argument, he did write a lot of it, it\'s not "his" though, more people were involved, the same way ESB and ROTJ are not Georgey boys, imagine Paul remixing the album adding in some turntables (which will stand in for CGI here) and then releasing the album, making the original album impossible to attain on cd (figure also this is happening during the time period when cd\'s are coming out, ie...the best medium with the most clarity)   so now, those who loved abbey road HAVE to listen to it with turntables because there is no CD avalible of the album without it

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2005, 12:59:34 pm »
Quote from: RadicalRich1138
they are not his films....  he may own the rights, but if i bought the rights to citizen kane and re-edited it, i dont think people would dig it

maybe i am missing something but why does each starwars film open with "Lucasfilm" as the "company"....
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2005, 01:02:43 pm »
amry of darkness opens with a dino delarentis production over it, but i dont think anyone would suggest that it\'s not Sam Raimi\'s film....

i dont know who you credit with the art of filmmaking, the production company or the director...

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2005, 01:03:50 pm »
Quote from: RadicalRich1138
i dont know who you credit with the art of filmmaking, the production company or the director...

again...maybe i am out of my element, but wouldnt the answer for all the titles above for all 6 starwars movies be George Lucas...

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2005, 01:06:50 pm »
also  

Labyrinth is a lucasfilm production, but i dont think anyone would claim that to be anyone\'s film other than jim henson\'s.

most people credit the dark/brooding feel to ESB to Irvin Kershner

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2005, 01:07:18 pm »
No matter what Star Wars is George Lucas\' HE came up with the idea mad ethe entire plot outline, began a production co. for it began a special effects co. for it, Star Wars is George Lucas NO ARGUMENT!  As to wether or no he fucked up his own movies but the entire entity of Star Wars is his I really dont\' see how anyone can think different
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2005, 01:09:14 pm »
Regardless....at first I was really bummed about the BiMonSiFiCon dorkfest that this show was looking to be, but the more I chewed on the idea the more I am getting fucking pumped for this freakout......

one question....do you think Ryan Dblock will feel the tremor in the force????

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2005, 01:20:10 pm »
"Star Wars is George Lucas NO ARGUMENT"

The Empire Strikes Back  Directed By Irvin Kershner    Written by Leigh Brackett   and  
Lawrence Kasdan story by George Lucas.

As Much credit as Joeseph Conrad should get for Francis Ford Coppola\'s Apocalypse Now.  Dig it.

you guys realize my name has a George Lucas homage in it right?

but he added cgi and ruined that aswelll

FindYourself...

• ...aCitytoLiveIn
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2005, 01:21:20 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs
at first I was really bummed about the BiMonSiFiCon dorkfest that this show was looking to be,  

I\'m not quite over it yet. How much do you think the theme will affect the music thats played that night?

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2005, 01:25:04 pm »
all star wars argument\'s aside i expect this show to be EPIC and cannot wait to rage with all of you dudes!  also this is my first (hopefully of many) FF\'s

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2005, 01:28:40 pm »
Quote from: FindYourself...

I\'m not quite over it yet. How much do you think the theme will affect the music thats played that night?

well considering that timmy is one of the BIGGEST Star Wars dorks out there, I am thinking that its gonna be a fucking ser ass show....  Not to mention the whole "Episdoe" theme that I am sure "could" run throughout the whole show, with the countless teases and themes and whatnot.  Its definitely gonna be one for the ages...

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2005, 01:33:34 pm »
he owns the damn franchise guy!  whatever puppet he got to direct these movies is insignificant.  it\'s his vision they\'re bringing to life and he probably made the majority of the decisions on every movie anyway.