Author Topic: The Breakfast announce Star Wars as this year\'s Fonghoulish Freakout theme!  (Read 22843 times)

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
The Breakfast announce Star Wars as this year\'s Fonghoulish Freakout theme!
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2005, 10:50:54 am »
2 words: Episode 3!

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2005, 10:57:53 am »
Quote from: SlimPickens
What are the odds that Mandler doesn\'t show up as Han Solo?

WHAT?!, OK I\'m just pissed now I might have to change my costume idea.

Maybe they could do the Bill Murray lounge version
"star Wars, nothign but Star Wars...."
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2005, 11:09:58 am »
Quote from: Me!
Maybe they could do the Bill Murray lounge version
"star Wars, nothign but Star Wars...."

rotfl  rotfl  rotfl

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2005, 11:20:34 am »
i\'m paying we get some modal nodes (cantina band) jams that would be SER!

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2005, 11:40:34 am »
How bout the ewok jam from the first ROTJ, not the Special Edition shitty, corny one I loved the first one!

Nub Nub!!
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2005, 11:44:03 am »
Lub Nub is hot, but the ROTJ:SE new song is also SER!   I would love to hear that song, much more fitting end to the trilogy, only good add in the SE\'s as far as i\'m concerned.

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2005, 11:50:24 am »
The Yub Yub Ewok song is the end of the Star Wars Trilogy.  End of Discussion.  
ROTJ:SE ending=WACK!!!
Postcount +1.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2005, 11:54:29 am »
Quote from: RadicalRich1138
Lub Nub is hot, but the ROTJ:SE new song is also SER!   I would love to hear that song, much more fitting end to the trilogy, only good add in the SE\'s as far as i\'m concerned.

Not a chance I hated that song the original was way better, you didnt\' like any of the additions to the SE what about some of those shot sin Cloud City, Tatooine shots I thought some of those were good additions, and yeah fuck em Han shot first liek the bad ass he is

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2005, 11:57:32 am »
i have a problem whenever someone takes soemthing that was everyone\'s (like the original films)  claims it as thier own (lucas who hasn\'t directed a good film since 77\') and ruins it....the new ending song i like for alot of reasons prolly cause when ROTJ:SE came out and i was a young lad it was like the best day fo my life, i also used to cover it in my old band, but the drumming ewok dosen\'t even sync up to the new song, which i guess is bogus

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2005, 12:00:52 pm »
the whole special edition thing is bogus!!!
Postcount +1.

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2005, 12:03:05 pm »
when i thought nothing could ruin those moves more than the SE\'s they made episode 1 2 and 3

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2005, 12:06:35 pm »
i have a problem whenever someone takes soemthing that was everyone\'s (like the original films)  claims it as thier own (lucas who hasn\'t directed a good film since 77\') and ruins it....

well, i was liking the direction this thread was taking, but i can see this getting ugly..

i am a huge star wars fan, but it\'s not mine. it\'s not yours. i didn\'t write it. you didn\'t write it. george lucas did not rape my childhood. it\'s fine to prefer one version over another, but shit, just deal with it..

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2005, 12:31:43 pm »
Quote from: davepeck
but it\'s not mine. it\'s not yours. i didn\'t write it. you didn\'t write it.

agreed!

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2005, 12:38:52 pm »
once a film is released it\'s everyone\'s, he wants to make a new version, that\'s fine with me, but at least make the original version on DVD, like Speilberg did with ET, release both, don\'t ruin the films i love because you need to add dumb shit to it...

why not colorize all the old films?

hayden christenson in ROTJ is beyond stupid

why not have jake llyod?

by the way i dont know how you precieve films, but george lucas did fuck with films that were not his, he did not direct ESB or ROTJ, but because of cash, he went back in took the original artists (directors) vision added 5 min of shit, and gave himself co-director credit, than made the 3 worst SW\'s

he also did not write the screenplays for ESB and ROTJ, he did write Ep 1 2 and 3

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2005, 12:45:15 pm »
analogy:

the breakfast\'s song \'Gravity\' is much different today than it was when they first started playing it. the band played the original live for a while, and at some point, they felt they wanted to make some changes to the tune that they wrote.

for argument\'s sake, i LOVE the original. not a fan of the new Gravity at all. the band doesn\'t play the original version anymore, and the only place i can hear the old version now is to listen to recordings of old shows. when they went into the studio to record Real Radio, they didn\'t record 2 versions of Gravity - all they recorded was the new one.

they should have released 2 versions of Real Radio - one with the old version of Gravity, and one with the new version, because even though *they* wrote the song and like the new one better, *i* like the old one, and *i* have the right to have old Gravity be given studio treatment by the band, so that *i* can listen to the version *i* like better.

see where i\'m going with this?

by the way i dont know how you precieve films, but george lucas did fuck with films that were not his, he did not direct ESB or ROTJ, but because of cash, he went back in took the original artists (directors) vision added 5 min of shit, and gave himself co-director credit, than made the 3 worst SW\'s

he also did not write the screenplays for ESB and ROTJ, he did write Ep 1 2 and 3

HE WROTE THE STORY!!!!