Author Topic: 2005-09-23 Revolution Hall: Multiple Sources on LMA!  (Read 1696 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
2005-09-23 Revolution Hall: Multiple Sources on LMA!
« on: September 27, 2005, 01:32:07 pm »
this venue is a taper\'s dream. my recording came out great, and i\'m really looking forward to comparing sources, because i can only imagine everyone came out with some stellar pulls. our mics were all clamped within 2 feet of each other.

Rob Clarke uploaded his the other day. this morning I uploaded my recording and Mike Deary\'s recording that he BT\'d. Those should be available to download shortly. Chris Fitzpatrick\'s R0DE NT3 source is not available yet, and I\'ll have a matrix available at a later date as well.

for those who want to compare:

Rob Clarke\'s Neumann KM184 > Oade w-mod UA-5 > JB3

Mike Deary\'s AKG 414XLS/ST (cards,X/Y) > UA-5 (Oade digi-MOD) > VX Pocket 440

Dave Pecoraro\'s AKG 480/ck63 (XY) > Graham Patten DMIC-20 > M-Audio FireWire 410

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 01:53:28 pm »
Yeowch! What a choice- all are proven tapers so will have to dl some mp3s and compare.

Thanks to all involved.
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 01:56:44 pm »
I Have been listening to Robs recording via stream. and It doesn\'t seem that his recording has the same bass issues I was describing in mine.

Could be the simple difference between the LDs and SD mics.

or it could have been that I had the floor behind my mics and I was getting slap back

although it dramatically clears up during the 2nd set and I didn\'t change anything :)
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 06:16:10 pm »
so far i think dave has the most enjoyable show, imo. actually everyone has a great recording!!

i hear a high hiss in the background, is that from the cymbols?
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "