Author Topic: Arrested Development Season 3 Discussion Thread  (Read 14029 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Arrested Development Season 3 Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2005, 05:55:02 pm »
Thanx sooo much for that torrent Dave. OK Now that epi. had alot going on for a premiere. It seemed like they wanted to tie up some things from last season to keep everyone up to date.
Loved the Tobias and Barry kiss. "That will be $50." LOL  
Steve and Gob both totally missing the point of the statue.
If Steve had a father he would have told him not to go into the woods w/ strange men.
He Didn\'t
Man I LOVE this show. Oh and no commercials was real nice.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

leith

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2005, 12:33:10 am »
"More Touching" lol

"I\'m going to put this through again on Pots and Pans"

"There you just have to shut your eyes and take it"
"Here you have to close your eyes and give it"

The Rumsfeld/Hussain Pic. Just perfect.

The return of the chicken dance
" Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?"
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 12:44:13 am by leith »

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2005, 09:34:59 am »
I so very much would like to be in your prostate-ticular.

A group of British builders operating outside the O.C...
Don’t call it that.

Coo-coo ca-cha! Coo-coo ca-cha! rotfl

Wait for it.....

I suppose I’m, uh... buy-curious.

Oh, I can just taste those meaty leading man parts in my mouth.

i liked it better than the 1st episode.. but *definitely* need to watch again.. this one was FAST paced! one joke after the other...

leith

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2005, 11:32:27 am »
yeah it did have a quicker pace. They also had less and shorter pauses after alot of jokes. I like that. Man this show is DA BEST!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2005, 11:33:47 am »
the previously on was a nice change too..

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2005, 11:59:26 am »
best written show of all time, KONfirmed

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2005, 08:24:41 am »
"The King of Queens," 7.1/11, and "How I Met Your Mother," 6.8/10, put CBS in a first-place tie with ABC\'s "Wife Swap" at 8 p.m. (ABC\'s numbers for the hour include football in some parts of the country). "Surface" posted a 6.1/9 for NBC to finish third. The WB got a 3.4/5 from "7th Heaven," beating FOX\'s "Arrested Development," 2.7/4, and "Kitchen Confidential," 2.6/4. UPN trailed with "One on One" and "All of Us."

:sigh:

2 straight weeks with horrible ratings, AND getting beat by the fucking WB... :mad:

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2005, 09:48:49 am »
Hello, I\'m Bob Loblaw

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2005, 10:44:45 am »
actually gave this show another shot Monday, couldn\'t get into it last season.

got a couple real good chuckles.  Will probably tune in again next week.

leith

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2005, 05:06:06 pm »
Quote from: davepeck
"The King of Queens," 7.1/11, and "How I Met Your Mother," 6.8/10, put CBS in a first-place tie with ABC\'s "Wife Swap" at 8 p.m. (ABC\'s numbers for the hour include football in some parts of the country). "Surface" posted a 6.1/9 for NBC to finish third. The WB got a 3.4/5 from "7th Heaven," beating FOX\'s "Arrested Development," 2.7/4, and "Kitchen Confidential," 2.6/4. UPN trailed with "One on One" and "All of Us."

:sigh:

2 straight weeks with horrible ratings, AND getting beat by the fucking WB... :mad:

What did you expect w/ the fuckin\' horrible move to Monday? I really miss it on Sundays. Another case of moving a great show around so the audience it does have gets lost. TYPICAL FOX B.S.!!!!!!!!!

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2005, 06:18:25 pm »
I really liked last season. I f-d up and made a blank tape for the season opener but caught Monday nights episode.

I thought the episode felt weird, different than last season. It seemed that the shows jokes were dumbed down. It felt as if I was watching a live action episode of family Guy.

I laughed my ass off don\'t get me wrong but something in the writing seemed off. Hopefully it was just this 1 episode.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2005, 09:38:03 pm »
yeah mike, this ep was definitely a big change from the norm. i\'m certain it was just a one time thing, but i totally felt the Family Guy thing too..

still loved the ep..

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2005, 05:52:28 am »
much like never stepping into a starbucks, I have never seen this show.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
S03E03: Forget-Me-Now
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2005, 07:02:55 am »
Tobias Fünke, M.D.
ANALRAPIST

:lol:rotfl:lol:

Bob Einstein as Larry Mittleman! :lol:
(Super Dave on AD AND Curb - this guy KNOWS funny!)

the return of the bus bench! Wee Britain = RITA, then Wee BRAIN. :thumbsup:

George Sr. switching the PIP on the TV on both GOB and Lucille! :D

GM:  What a fun, sexy time for you. :lollol:

You know, your average American male is in perpetual state of adoscence, you know, arrested development. :D:D

“You’re kidding me, Buster”

...like how clowns always have a rag soaked in ether.

but Michael Bluth will return in “Notapusy”

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2005, 09:01:58 am »
well, this article suggests that last night\'s may have been the last (perfect title if so)... :(

"Arrested Development." The funniest show on television is all but dead. There\'s no official announcement yet, but all the signs are there, and if this short-lived thing of beauty even manages to deliver half of a season, consider that a sanctioned-by-Rome miracle.

The ratings are abysmal. Fewer than 4 million viewers, which puts it in cable territory. Despite what may have been one of its funniest episodes ever in the first week, nobody watched. This past Monday, even fewer people watched. So much for Emmy power. So much for Charlize Theron as a cameo draw.

Blame? Easy. Fox moved the series from Sunday to Monday, which was: (a) stupid, (b) a planned assassination or (c) all of the above. The network barely promoted the night switch -- a killer for viewers, especially those trying to sample 30 new series -- and sure enough, "Arrested Development" drew fewer viewers than last season. Worse, once on Monday, the series got almost no push. Now, there\'s one more episode before Major League Baseball pre-empts the show -- and Fox will air "Prison Break" repeats in that slot for a bit after that and before, ahem, bringing back "Arrested Development."

Yeah, that\'ll happen. Enjoy next Monday\'s episode. Chances are, everything after that will be dubbed "the lost episodes" on the next DVD. Here\'s how things get worse for Fox: "Kitchen Confidential" is also dying on Mondays. That means Fox hasn\'t been able to launch a decent sitcom in some time, and, no, "The War at Home" on Sundays doesn\'t count. If you watch that, you deserve it.

But it\'s true that the audience always decides. Always. And if it doesn\'t want "Arrested Development" but gloms onto the asinine "War at Home," three things are in play here: (a) Nielsen families have lame taste, (b) we get the television we really deserve and (c) most damning, the theory of sophisticated urban viewers is out the window. San Francisco was the 27th-ranked market for "Arrested Development." New York, Los Angeles and Chicago all tied for 21st. And Boston was 45th. So much for savvy. Let\'s move to Portland, Ore., -- it was the No. 1-ranked market for "Arrested Development."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/09/30/DDGP7EVFHB1.DTL&type=tvradio