Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-09-09 - The Lion\'s Den; NYC  (Read 16690 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Setlist: 2005-09-09 - The Lion\'s Den; NYC
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2005, 12:35:23 pm »
Quote from: davepeck
Quote from: Spacey
At one point I turned to Slimpickens and said that this might even be better then the Family Jam version, at that point DavePeck turned around and said, "What did you just say?".

just to clarify, the reason i said that was because no more than 30 seconds earlier, i had said the exact same thing to freddie.. kooky!

great minds think a like.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2005, 12:38:45 pm »
what about you and me?

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2005, 12:41:03 pm »
what about you and me?

completely lost me
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2005, 12:45:15 pm »
what about you and me?

Dave are you hitting on Spacey?
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2005, 01:33:44 pm »
ok let\'s see if I can pull something together here.  Just got back into my neck of the woods.

Missed the opening of the show because I was downstairs with Wah\'s freind talking to this guy who was friends with one of the door guys, the conversation started about drugs and somehow led to the topic of racism in america, it was very interesting yet alittle odd at the same time.  So I walked in during the begining of great big.  Heard I didnt\' miss much though.  Great Big was good,  Ship of Fools was good as well but not a big fan of this one  See the Light was def a highlight for the evening, as it\'s been said on this thread before ? & the mind came up and it was for some reason the perfect time for a smoke.  Walked back into one of the sickest Hard Luck jams I\'ve heard in a good long time.  LDZ is a good tune and used for what it \'s best for: a transition tune. Which went into Echidna\'s.  One of those songs where I can just sit and watch Tim\'s fingers and he beconmes a hypnotist, they def own this tune.  There\'s this one riff in the "chorus"  that I always think (for like 2 seconds) they are going into Slime the chords are nearly identical. atlest to my non musician ears.  No Regret, Yeah sure I\'ll take it.  Encore: the chase *meh*  I\'ve heard far too many ChaseChecks, this song has lost most of it\'s magic for me, don\'t get me wrong, great tune just heard it far too many times.  But they brought it back for me with a good Man in Me.  Love this tune.  

All in all had a good time but the Lion\'s Den SUX, light crowd, and an average show (It was good but hey it\'s The Breakfast)  I\'m ready for my next dose of serness.  Bring it bitch!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 04:42:17 pm by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2005, 02:31:07 pm »
Quote from: Me!
what about you and me?

Dave are you hitting on Spacey?

GET A ROOM!!
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2005, 04:36:58 pm »
Quote from: bezerker
too bad this show was RIGHT before moe down which definetly overpowered this one which is kind of a shame since it really was so great. 2 sick 3 setters in 3 nights.  we need more of these !!!

are you talking about the electric co.? wrong thread, GUY.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2005, 12:41:26 am »
I just gotta say, I will never forget that freestyle battle on the sidewalk.  Wolfman vs. Sidewalk Sam in the battle for all the glory.  People throwin money down on the sidewalk and I couldn\'t see out of the circle in any direction, that was dope.  I got in some good lines, calling him a chrome-dome and representing the 203 even though I live in the 617.  His rap was great, even though it\'s obviously the same one he\'s done 10,000 times for dough.  I\'ve told this story about a dozen times already.  I can\'t believe that happened.  Then on the ride hime, mcajam and I went off for a good hour and fifteen minutes, by far the longest throwdown of my life.  What a great time.  Later!

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2005, 12:48:32 am »
Wolfy.....you still won in my book, because Sidewalk Sam\'s rap was so preconceived that it was laughable to think that it was "freestyle"....what was that Yiddish-ish terms you used in one of your lines? I think it began with "S"......
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2005, 09:58:12 am »
Wolf, definitely one of the highlights of the night!!  You got BALLS guy!

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2005, 10:42:11 am »
i definitly dont have much respect for people who spit written shit in a freestyle battle.  i once had a major fight break out my suite in college over just that.  the cops showed up and i ended up having to go to the state trooper barracks and fill out a report tripping balls.  <----not fun.
Postcount +1.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2005, 12:00:33 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs
Wolfy.....you still won in my book, because Sidewalk Sam\'s rap was so preconceived that it was laughable to think that it was "freestyle"....what was that Yiddish-ish terms you used in one of your lines? I think it began with "S"......

Oh yeah, I remember that!  The word is "schwantz", which is a verb meaning "to beat badly" a la destroy, wreck, smoke, cream, etc.  I remember saying that he would get "schwantzed", and that it was used to rhyme with "Bronx" but I don\'t remember the rest of those lines.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2005, 12:03:43 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman

Oh yeah, I remember that!  The word is "schwantz", which is a verb meaning "to beat badly" a la destroy, wreck, smoke, cream, etc.  I remember saying that he would get "schwantzed", and that it was used to rhyme with "Bronx" but I don\'t remember the rest of those lines.

milk shot from my nose when I heard the word "schwantz" dropped.

not really sure where the milk came from.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2005, 12:07:18 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens
Quote from: Wolfman

milk shot from my nose when I heard the word "schwantz" dropped.

not really sure where the milk came from.

"Schwantz"...thats the one...fucking classic....

Regarding the milk....Billy..you were in the car with Spacey for a while....hmmmm....maybe it was SpaceMilk?
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2005, 12:18:03 pm »
wolfy, can you PM me any memorable lines from your freestyle, or if you remember any of the other dude\'s lines, i\'m writing about this for the digest.  good thing they pay me here at work to sit around and read this message board and write about breakfast shows...
Postcount +1.