Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-09-09 - The Lion\'s Den; NYC  (Read 16738 times)

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
Setlist: 2005-09-09 - The Lion\'s Den; NYC
« on: September 10, 2005, 03:12:24 am »
I:  Doughboy, jam > Attraction To Shade Ditty, Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Sleeping Beauty, Ship Of Fools > See The Light*, Question Mark And The Mind > Hard Luck Harry > LDZ > Echidna\'s Arf (Of You) > jam > No Regret

E:  Organ Solo > The Chase, Man In Me

*Inverted
Postcount +1.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 03:54:51 am »
yow that looks like a pumpin set!! wouldve liked to hear that question mark > HLH > LDZ for sure...
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 05:27:18 am »
thanks for posting it, cobb..

Hard Luck Harry > LDZ > Echidna\'s Arf (Of You) > jam > No Regret

this was the tits for sure. this HLH may have taken the crown for best ever from the 8/7 version.. STL was also DAMN good.. good show, but shit i hate that place.. :mad:

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 06:34:06 am »
Quote from: Jim Cobb
I:  Doughboy, jam > Attraction To Shade Ditty, Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Sleeping Beauty, Ship Of Fools > See The Light*, Question Mark And The Mind > Hard Luck Harry > LDZ > Echidna\'s Arf (Of You) > jam > No Regret

*Inverted

Coming off of moe.down, this was a show that i didn\'t expect....  there were "moments of blinding brilliance" but overall, the complete crappyness of The Lions Den itself sucked the marrow from this show from jump street....

right now my only question is, "why the hell does the breakfast care or want to play there?"  i see no posatives from going to nyc to play at The Lions Den....not at this stage in the game....

The See The Light WAS orgasmic in that it made me convulse a bit......
The jam out of Ship of Fools > STL was amazing.....

for the first time in a long long time, if ever, Attraction didnt smack me against the nearest wall and then down to the floor...it was short taboot...

however, what was to follow was the perfect explination as to the reason why i love to see The Breakfast again and again and again....no regret is a rocker fo life...  

Hard Luck Harry > LDZ > Echidna\'s Arf (Of You) > jam > No Regret

I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

mcajam

• < does work
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 07:21:57 am »
see the light was a birfday request, it started slow and spacey, found its pace behind ron, and suddenlly tim hit the note, bent to hell was the 6th string,  then they peaked, but it was my bday jam so tim brought them around twice more and THEN MY FRIENDS they peaked.........happy fuckin birfday to me, thanks PB
"Well, sometimes nuthin\' can be a real cool hand.."

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 07:38:28 am »
looks like a great show. is that place really that bad? is it the venue or the people running it? i love see the light. so stephengencs, shade ditty is my favorite song, why was it not up to par? was it the place? i hope i get to hear it.
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 08:05:55 am »
Happy Birthday, MCA.  Today, (well it\'s guess it\'s now technically yesterday) was my wife\'s birthday too... we celebrated by spending a nice romantic evening with Motley Crue.
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2005, 08:26:00 am »
Quote from: Marcial
Happy Birthday, MCA.  Today, (well it\'s guess it\'s now technically yesterday) was my wife\'s birthday too... we celebrated by spending a nice romantic evening with Motley Crue.

:P
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2005, 08:51:21 am »
wasn\'t as rough reading that list as i expected it to be.  best HLH to date tho??   hmmmmmmmmm
*Gia*

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2005, 09:14:00 am »
after moe.down, i too was really expecting a lot more people at this show.

i thought the breakfast did some interesting things throughout the show, but all in all i was not as floored as i usually am by the band. first of all, i thought there was WAY TOO MUCH TECHNO-sounding jaming. i hope this isn\'t the direction the breakfast wants to go in. i love them b/c they rock, not because they sound like every other disco bisuits-wanna be jam band. secondly, i thought the transitions were really sloppy. i lost the groove a few times, which i never do w/ the breakfast.

perhaps my negativity is brought out by the simple fact that the lion\'s den sucks.

but, as always, it was great to see everyone. you guys are all such a huge part of the reason that i continue to see the breakfast.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2005, 09:27:47 am »
Quote from: davepeck
good show, but shit i hate that place.. :mad:

agreed
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2005, 09:49:12 am »
i had a really good time at the lion\'s den show last june.  how was this show different compared to that one, besides the setlist ??
*Gia*

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2005, 11:04:20 am »
bezerker....here is an analogy for ya....

june lions den breakfast show is to bubblegum ak fuzzy hair
:as:
september lions den breakfast show is to the nook.....

Highlights of the evening in no particular order
- Ship of Fools > See The Light
- Wolfman verses some street theif in an improv flow contest which wolfy lost.  he was the winner in my book, but street theifs know how to bend the rules
- going to get a cherry and chocolate chip italian ice with dave and lisa peck\\
- the ser troll stomping of a perfectly played zappa cover
- HARDLUCK HARRY
- Seeing Jennifer (one of the Cheshire Wives) hanging solo with her old school kindergarten Jersey friend.
- Billychags walking down sullivan street
- not dying the 49.5 times we almost died on the way to and from the show (12 going down 37.5 coming home
- WARPITZ
- Latenight at Hotel TKA (still going mind you)
- having some chick walk up to me in mid show asking me if i was a big fan of the band.  "Yes".  If I know what songs they have played up untill then? "Yes" Did they play that song Phaddy Boom Baddy? "No" Do you think they can play it? "Yes" Will they? "NO"

Quote of the night: "Yo Dobz!.....Dobz!!!....Hey Dobz"
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2005, 11:04:35 am »
as much as the lion\'s den sucks..that is a nice looking setlist
my main issues with that venue  have to do with the fact that you have to  watch 2-3 bands like "the juicy chops" before seeing the breakfast and the $6 BEER :mad: last time i was there, my older sis who lives on the lower east side came (invited herself) with me and i ended up paying somewhere around a $70 tab at the end of the night NOT COOL!!! i don\'t understand why they continue to play at this place aside from the fact that it is money.

what happened to playing the knitting factory?? i liked that venue a lot.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2005, 11:07:13 am »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya

what happened to playing the knitting factory?? i liked that venue a lot.

Lions Den = SOOOOO NOT HEADY

Knitting Factory = Much More Heady

2 sets of The Breakfast at the Ace of Clubs w/ Urban Fetch = SER HEADINESS