11 (18.3%)
euce
33 (55%)
ona Fide
5 (8.3%)
eal Radio
11 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Your favorite Breakfast Album?  (Read 10840 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Your favorite Breakfast Album?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2005, 09:03:55 pm »
Quote from: Gordo
come on spaceman, did anyone else not get my weak sarcasm? i thought it was too obvious when typing. obviously bb king aint singing "in an icy clunk of ice beneath the ground."

i knew gordon wrote it, but thats a cool little fact. wasnt rift recorded in a castle where Phish was doing their own acid experiments? i swear i read that in a book when i first started getting into them.

spaceman=confused, and out of the loop.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2005, 09:09:33 pm »
where\'s your vote?
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2005, 09:28:51 pm »
Quote from: Gordo
where\'s your vote?

I am torn between Duece and Real Radio.

Duece has a lot of the tunes that I really like. Buquebus appears on this album and I hate to not give King Buquebus all my respect HOWEVER, Real Radio is the first studio album I BOUGHT in 5 years.

I am torn.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Blackieshamps

• Blankee Dick
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2005, 12:45:24 am »
1st album, so classic, so nice, would make me feel at home 1000 miles away.  always reliable always dependable psychedelic breakfast.
"Clown College? pfft you cant eat that!"

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2005, 10:58:54 am »
no love for bona fide, eh?
Postcount +1.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2005, 12:22:50 pm »
bona fide used to be my favorite before i got deuce.  escher\'s, spunk, RUFUS, fft, taboo, wildpack, drunk munk, gbfbits.............fuckin siiiick songs.  deuce is just too powerful of a cd, i find myself chosing to listen to that one over any other breakfast cd i own.... live or studio
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 12:25:16 pm by bezerker »
*Gia*

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2005, 01:04:14 pm »
When do the polls close? I need to listen to them all, all the way through before voting. It\'s amazing when you think how completely unique and different they all are.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2005, 03:05:58 pm »
Voted for deuce but I love real radio.....doughboy = catchy and awesome, their song writing is starting to take shape
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2005, 04:09:07 pm »
Wow the album that got me hooked on PB(Bonafide) ahh Rufus, the album that made me give my heart to PB(Deuce) Mooboo\'s or the album that confirmed my belief that this band can do it all and will make it in due time(Real Radio) A Fresh Cut indeed!
I have to go with Growth and Promise of a Future.

Real Radio it is
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2005, 05:16:06 pm »
PB all the way.  Garcian Fishbowl> ATSD> Puppetry = so amazing for such a young band.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2005, 06:07:51 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher
PB all the way.  Garcian Fishbowl> ATSD> Puppetry = so amazing for such a young band.

I think PB is a close 2nd as it brings back memories of my first shows in late \'99.

I\'m not a fan of Beef Barley and Question Mark and the Mind, therefore Deuce has difficulty positioning itself against the others for the top spot.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2005, 06:22:40 pm »
fuck. i hate this question..

i\'m gonna have to go with Real Radio (beating out Deuce)...

Deuce contains my favorite Breakfast song to date (Buquebus). it also contains a fantastic studio Mooboo\'s, and the monstorous Tribal. See The Light is also terrific.

however, it also contains Phaddy Boom Baddy, which, after hearing it played on the juke at the Electric Company, i was reminded why i always skip it when i listen to Deuce. and while the Beef Barley\'s of late have been the Escalades of jam vehicles, the Deuce version does zero for me. i can also live without What The Funk.

Real Radio has its monsters as well, in Gravity and TGSOT. but RR also contains a more mature, better Breakfast, which isn\'t found on any other album. the guys on RR are better players, better songwriters, and better singers than on any other album. echoing what mike said earlier, i can agree that there isn\'t a song on RR that i even think about skipping over.

so... Real Radio it is... subtract PBB and BB from Deuce, throw on a Sundance, and we may have a different story...

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2005, 06:35:02 pm »
Quote from: davepeck

i can agree that there isn\'t a song on RR that i even think about skipping over.

so... Real Radio it is... subtract PBB and BB from Deuce, throw on a Sundance, and we may have a different story...

I think that I also voted for R.R. because I tend to listen to it from beginning to end as well.  Deuce usually requires a few skips.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

alyce

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2005, 07:22:50 pm »
i have to agree with dave, RR wins because i don\'t need to skip phaddy, and barley, however ever much i may love certain songs on that album, you can hear a level of maturity on RR that isn\'t always as apparent on Deuce

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2005, 09:15:54 pm »
i would much rather listen to any song on Deuce than any version of Vera Street ever. but yeah i definitely see what you guys are saying. BB is really weak compared to live takes, same with WTF, but ive always liked Phaddy, personally. i just think one album that contains TFA, STL, Buquebus, and Mooboo\'s is untouchable.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash