Author Topic: College Football  (Read 19242 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
College Football
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2005, 08:46:54 pm »
FSU is kinda stickin it to the U right now.. i bet miami wins.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

kyndkate

• Vicious.
College Football
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2005, 08:50:28 pm »
First Purdue home football game is on Saturday....can\'t friggin\' wait! I think we\'re going to have a decent season. There\'s nothing like going to a Big Ten football game.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
College Football
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2005, 09:01:51 pm »
who are they playing?
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

kyndkate

• Vicious.
College Football
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2005, 10:01:34 pm »
First game is against Akron, so basically we\'re going to kick their asses. What I\'m most looking forward to is October 1st vs. Notre Dame. We beat them last year on their home turf. The game doesn\'t start until 7 PM, so that means the entire university population is going to be tanked by noon and won\'t stop drinking until kickoff.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
College Football
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2005, 11:04:53 pm »
I think Maimi is not the same team it use to be. Something down there isn\'t clicking and I believe it is Larry Coker.

As for Purdue vs. Notre Dame, this should be good but watch out for ND, they are going to have a real solid year.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
College Football
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2005, 11:11:44 pm »
its mich. vs. ND next sat right?
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
College Football
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2005, 11:17:26 pm »
12 noon on ABC next week, Notre Dame vs. #4 Michigan

should be pretty good.

kyndkate

• Vicious.
College Football
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2005, 12:11:21 am »
Notre Dame beat Michigan in a ser upset last season...there are some bitter emotions that\'ll be battled out, for sure.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
College Football
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2005, 12:27:47 am »
Quote from: kyndkate
Notre Dame beat Michigan in a ser upset last season...there are some bitter emotions that\'ll be battled out, for sure.

so true.

I think Notre Dame is the real deal this year.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
College Football
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2005, 08:34:47 am »
I hhate college football. Its alright to watch, but it overloads the OT at work. Can\'t wait till it\'s over.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
College Football
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2005, 09:01:03 am »
and it mmakes you sstsstutter.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
College Football
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2005, 09:08:01 am »
:P nnnothhing ggets by da-wayne!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
College Football
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2005, 04:50:44 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
I think Maimi is not the same team it use to be. Something down there isn\'t clicking and I believe it is Larry Coker.

As for Purdue vs. Notre Dame, this should be good but watch out for ND, they are going to have a real solid year.

i believe its there offensive line. they got raped all night long. i think miami had a lot more talent amongst playmakers last night. their defense was sick too, but miami\'s front 5 should feel ashamed.. they lost the game.

Quote from: kyndkate

agreed, i think michigan might beat em up.. if they go downfield often ND\'s secondary wont be able to keep up. we\'ll see, one thing i love about college football is most opinions are jack shit until the game is over. espn has some really good analysts (sp?) that surprise me all the time though.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
College Football
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2005, 09:02:43 pm »
Gordo, righton about the o-line. If the o-line isn\'t clicking then you have no offense, no matter how good a running back you have, receivers or quarterback.

The one thing about college football and teams that are rivals or evenly matched is that you never reall know what can happen.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
College Football
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2005, 09:08:19 pm »
for sure, and i thought Wright looked really good.. tons of perfect balls dropped in the first half, and the TE Olsen made a hell of a tag team with him in the 2nd half. if he didnt get sacked 9 times, i think 6 or 7 in the 2nd half, they woulda put 2 TDs on the board and won by 10 points. but hey, they didnt and thats why theyre 0-1.

btw, FL St. needs some serious work as far as who is taking snaps. i guess xavier lee is supposed to be a stud, though.