Author Topic: College Football  (Read 19187 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
College Football
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2005, 06:14:08 pm »
Quote from: leith
Quote from: Spacey
USC can probably beat a few NFL teams on a great day. They are destructive. All of those players are mature and beyond most of the other college kids skill level. They look professional most of the time. Leinhart staying in college another year is very honorable. Not many players would risk that. He has a chance for another Heisman, National Championship and a better chance and bigger salary in the NFL.

Yeah Smart Guy staying in College. The Money will be there and how are you going to pass up another year of basically celebrity status in L.A. ?

Exactly.

Besides, coming into the NFL as a quarterback is a difficult position to handle. Turnaround on QB\'s is very little. Best shot is a back-up for a retiring quarterback, unless the team wants to take a risk and put a rookie at the helm. I think that in the long run this move by Leinhart will pay off. Even if he doesn\'t get a starting spot on some teams roster next year, he will at least prove himself capable of being dedicated.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
College Football
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2005, 09:30:35 pm »
definitely.. hey, there have been QB\'s to show up well in their rookie season, its always possible. this extra year might make it one hell of a possibility. id have confidence in leinart starting for a shitty team with no QB in the NFL tomorrow, personally.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
College Football
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2005, 06:44:49 pm »
Go Huskies 60-0 over Liberty
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
College Football
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2005, 01:45:47 am »
ND looks like they ARE for real. hell of a game @ Michigan.

Iowa fucked up.

and how bout that Texas/OSU game! that made work reeeeal easy tonight. college football at its best.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
College Football
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2005, 10:59:20 am »
Ya.

I told ya, ND is the real deal. They are serious and have a mind set. The thing with college football is that an offensive is essential while defense can be alright. As long as ND can score, they will find a way to win. When USC comes to South Bend later this year, it should be a SER game. Texas finding a way to win.

UConn in another rout. Can\'t wait to see them play Louisville at the end of the year.

kyndkate

• Vicious.
College Football
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2005, 03:29:15 pm »
Great round of games yesterday, lots of upsets!
-ND creaming Michigan made my day. Those bitches are going DOWN this season.
-The Texas/OSU game was just plain fun to watch. That last-minute safety...wow. These two teams should be allowed to play each other more often.
-Iowa/ISU...great game. You\'re right, Gordo, they fucked up and they know it.
-I passed out from heatstroke at Ross-Ade Stadium yesterday during the 2nd quarter of Purdue/Akron (it was 91 degrees outside and I have bronchitis), but after my neighbor found me lying on the ground outside the men\'s bathroom, he dragged me to the first aid room. I had 2 bottles of water in the air conditioning and was ready for more :) We won 49-17. NOTHING can tear me away from Boilermaker football. Nothing.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

Rujah

• team digest
College Football
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2005, 04:07:48 pm »
texas/osu was the best college football game ive ever seen.  i was at hte bar and went to the bathroom b/c i thought they were going to score a td then i came back and it was 25-22 and osu had the ball

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
College Football
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2005, 04:13:30 pm »
Texas for being a #2 seed needs to play better football then that if they want a shot at the National Championship. In college football, a win is not a win unless it is a blowout. You can go undefeated in a season and still be no where near the BCS. Especially for a program like Texas, it is important to go out and win convincingly. Yesterday they lacked that evidence. Texas has to beat Oklahoma this year, something they have not been able to do over the last few seasons.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
College Football
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2005, 07:57:15 pm »
Texas for being a #2 seed needs to play better football then that if they want a shot at the National Championship. In college football, a win is not a win unless it is a blowout. You can go undefeated in a season and still be no where near the BCS. Especially for a program like Texas, it is important to go out and win convincingly. Yesterday they lacked that evidence. Texas has to beat Oklahoma this year, something they have not been able to do over the last few seasons.

i disagree. they were playing #4 OSU on the road. if they won 23-22 that\'s as convincing as it needs to be. they were also the 1.5 dog b/c they were on the road. i thought OSU\'s defense was extremely impressive, so the fact that they put 25 points on the board is even more impressive and made Vince Young\'s stock for Heisman jump early in the season. hell of a game, definitely no need for a blowout in a #4/#2 matchup.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
College Football
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2005, 08:01:28 pm »
Quote from: Gordo

i disagree. they were playing #4 OSU on the road. if they won 23-22 that\'s as convincing as it needs to be. they were also the 1.5 dog b/c they were on the road. i thought OSU\'s defense was extremely impressive, so the fact that they put 25 points on the board is even more impressive and made Vince Young\'s stock for Heisman jump early in the season. hell of a game, definitely no need for a blowout in a #4/#2 matchup.

convincing enough for me Gordo.

Rujah

• team digest
College Football
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2005, 11:32:57 pm »
UCONN 26-17 \'Cuse

GO UCONN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
College Football
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2005, 12:55:29 pm »
Big day in College Football today.
 USC is going to wrap up another undefeated season, LSU tries to bring some happiness to the state, Vt.Tech gets to beat up on Fla. St.

The game that I am really looking forward to though most of you could give a damn less about and that is:

GO NAVY BEAT ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
College Football
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2005, 01:17:05 pm »
Quote from: leith

GO NAVY BEAT ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yea... big challenge there. :P

Prediction: Navy mops the feild with army.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
College Football
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2005, 01:34:55 pm »
I hope so. The series is tied 49-49-7. The last time Navy led the series they did so in \'91. That victory was marked w/ the Sailors in school @ Ft. Sam Houston(an Army Base) running wild for the next week and EVERY SINGLE Soldier HAD to deal w/ it.
Man that may have been one of the best weeks EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
College Football
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2005, 01:38:25 pm »
last time I heard of west coast sailors getting that out of hand this happened.

anyway, don\'t get in any fights over it but I hope your team wins.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke