Author Topic: College Football  (Read 18694 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
College Football
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2005, 09:11:43 pm »
I have always been a Miami fan, know just about every player to come out of Miami and where they are in the NFL. Something about that team hypnotizes me. This is the first time since I can remember that I have no idea who is who. Granted I will know most of these guys by mid season, they produce to many pros not to recognize them.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
College Football
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2005, 09:16:26 pm »
i dont even watch THAT much football or sports or tv for that matter, but when i have time (or strep throat) and can sit down and watch start to finish, i could talk for awhile and i remember names quite well. ask me who the starting running backs are for seeds 1-10 this year, i might be able to name 2, maybe.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
College Football
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2005, 09:24:24 pm »
When I lived in Massachusetts Sportscenter was on constantly. When I tell you we watched Sportscenter 10-15 daily, we did. We knew everything about sports according to ESPN.

I played football in HS and in college. It is the only time of year I really care about sports. I guess its in my blood.

WALSH

• Mahoney
    • http://
College Football
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2005, 09:47:58 pm »
Michigan is going to wipe the floor with ND...Wolverines, sans one bad kick last year would have won the whole thing...Me and my buddy will be drunk and loud somewhere watching the Maize and Blue take the Irish D APART!!!!

p.s. I guess you can tell I am a U of M fan.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
College Football
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2005, 09:59:35 pm »
Marcus Vick look alright for the begining of the season. Want to see him do great things like his bro, who is the best scrambling QB out there...
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
College Football
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2005, 10:07:32 pm »
Michigan is a 7 point favorite.

Marcus Vicks QB rating after last week is 79.1, he threw for 108 yards on 10 completions in 21 attempts (47.6%). Had only thrown 1 touchdown and no interceptions. Rushed for 31 yards on 13 attempts.

Kid has potential and the skill. Not sure if VT has what it takes. Keep an eye on him. He will definitely pull out a few surprises this season. He has a lot to make up for after last season. He did start at 3rd string this preseason before earning the starting spot.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
College Football
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2005, 11:14:23 pm »
Quote from: WALSH
Michigan is going to wipe the floor with ND...Wolverines, sans one bad kick last year would have won the whole thing...Me and my buddy will be drunk and loud somewhere watching the Maize and Blue take the Irish D APART!!!!

p.s. I guess you can tell I am a U of M fan.

i wasnt gonna say itd be a beat down by U of M, UNTIL i saw ND ranked 20th by the coaches today. i think they might be fucked now.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

kyndkate

• Vicious.
College Football
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2005, 11:24:46 pm »
Just look at Purdue last year. We won our first five games. We were ranked #1? #2? in the Big Ten, and Kyle Orton was going to get the Heisman on a platter. Hell, we beat Notre Dame 41-16 for the first time in a hojillion years on their turf. Then the Wisconsin disaster happened, and we lost the next 3 huge games (Michigan, Northwestern, Iowa). We lost by a *TOTAL* of 14 or 15 points in all 4 of those games. All of a sudden, we\'re on everyone\'s shit list, including the Boilermaker student section. We beat Ohio State and Indiana to finish the season, but it was hopeless by that point. This all goes to show how everything in the NCAA can do a complete 180 and bite you in the ass.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
College Football
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2005, 11:29:29 pm »
definitely. thats another reason i think Orton could be a hell of a sleeper for rookies this year. im not saying hes going to have a huge season, but from what ive seen in pre-season (and college) he\'ll hold his own. if Purdue didnt lose those close games his stock wouldve gone way up and i think the Bears made a great pickup. we\'ll see.

kyndkate

• Vicious.
College Football
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2005, 12:21:56 am »
My boyfriend just read my last post in here and he looked me in the eye and asked me to marry him. I\'m still not sure if he was serious or not....:lol:
I told him I loved football right now more than him, and he\'ll just have to wait until the first Sunday in February/last Sunday in January.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
College Football
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2005, 08:25:15 am »
Orton will be a very good QB in the NFL. Purdue tends to breed some good ones. Its gonna take him a few years to get adjusted though as it did for some guy named Drew in San Diego, who I have to say was one of the better college QBs I\'ve had the pleasure of watching on television (always said he was gonna be a star, and even threw stuff at the TV during the draft when Miami passed on him near the end of the 1st round).

As for this years college season, its hard to pick against USC, but I just don\'t think they\'ll get it done in the end. I don\'t have any other suggestions for a national champion though seeing as Texas will blunder against Oklahoma like usual. I do like Louisville as an outside shot for the title game though, they have a pretty soft schedule.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

WALSH

• Mahoney
    • http://
College Football
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2005, 04:21:01 pm »
Michigan for National Champ!!!!!!!!!!
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
College Football
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2005, 04:25:21 pm »
USC 3 IN A ROW!!
Believe It!!!!!!!!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
College Football
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2005, 04:57:14 pm »
USC can probably beat a few NFL teams on a great day. They are destructive. All of those players are mature and beyond most of the other college kids skill level. They look professional most of the time. Leinhart staying in college another year is very honorable. Not many players would risk that. He has a chance for another Heisman, National Championship and a better chance and bigger salary in the NFL.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
College Football
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2005, 05:29:59 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
USC can probably beat a few NFL teams on a great day. They are destructive. All of those players are mature and beyond most of the other college kids skill level. They look professional most of the time. Leinhart staying in college another year is very honorable. Not many players would risk that. He has a chance for another Heisman, National Championship and a better chance and bigger salary in the NFL.

Yeah Smart Guy staying in College. The Money will be there and how are you going to pass up another year of basically celebrity status in L.A. ?
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.