Author Topic: College Football  (Read 18703 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
College Football
« on: September 03, 2005, 02:01:17 pm »
Anyone a college football fan?

Season just started this week.  Some interesting matchups happening today.

I have been watching parts of the Wisconsin/Bowling Green game which is a shootout.

I really want to see USC beat the snot out of Hawaii.

I would like to see TCU defeat Oklahoma, Rutgers over Illinois today? Rutgers is leading the game right now.

I think the game to watch tonight is going to be the former NFL coach game, Notre Dame (Charlie Weis) vs. Pittsburgh (Dave Weinstadt), this should be an interesting matchup.

UConn opens with a beating over Buffalo, 38-0. I am also planning a trip to go up to UConn this season to see them play West Virginia at the end of the season, as long as it doesn\'t coincide with a Breakfast show. Charter a bus most likely.

Anyone have a team they follow?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

inertia1215

• Withdrawn
College Football
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 02:14:06 pm »
havn\'t followed college ball in a few years but I used to be a huge Colorado Buffaloes fan. I used to go out to Boulder 2-3 times a year.....and absolutely loved them. Since then i\'ve kinda fallen out so I have no idea where they sit now, though i\'m pretty sure they suck. But oh well GO BUFFS!!!!
~The world would be a better place if everyone  danced.~

~Turn on, tune in, drop out.~

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
College Football
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 02:48:19 pm »
follow ncaa football, but dont really have a fav. team, execpt for maybe Texas, I like them for bball so.  i think they have a god team this yr, with vincent young at qb they will probably have a decent season and hopefully play usc for the national championship.  either way i am looking forward to seeing notre dame vs pitt tonite

what u guys think of Spurrier and the Gamecocks? they were on tv hte other nite, llooked good but no running game
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
College Football
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 03:55:07 pm »
Definitely watch for Spurrier to transform that Gamecock team. He is a better college oriented coach then he would ever be at the pro level. The running game comes in time. Spurrier has never been a running offense type of guy. He was always an advocate for the run \'n\' gun style offense, more often then not opting for the throw. If the Gamecocks have a halfway decent receiving core and a good quarterback expect them to win some big games.

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
College Football
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 07:19:39 pm »
yeah, i was watching hte game the other nite at the bar, and i think they scored like 70yd td pass on the first play of the game
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
College Football
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 07:52:27 pm »
Bowling Green blew their chances to win the game with numerous missed opportunites to capitalize on the other teams mistakes.

Watching USC and Hawaii right now. Hawaii outside of the interception they threw that went for a USC touchdown, has controlled the clock all of the 1st quarter. Should get interesting once the USC offense gets on the field.

Notre Dame and Pittsburgh is about to get underway. Should be a classic game. I\'d like to see both coaches be successful at the collegiate level. Although I am routing for Notre Dam and Patriot alma-mater Charlie Weis.

We\'ll see, CFB is so exciting...

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
College Football
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 03:03:19 am »
The Bears..
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
College Football
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 04:57:16 am »
there were some hard hits in college football tonight. the CSU vs. CU straight body-slam and i cant remember the other that was nasty (both top 10).

the only team i make sure to follow is N.D. Their defensive captain -- #9 Tom Zbikowski -- was the quarterback at my high school. i was his back up. he was an all american and US Today\'s best player in the Midwest in 2003. hes got wheels for a white kid.

i like watching college football a lot more than the NFL. i think it has something to do with not being on Sunday. Sunday\'s depress me, always have. that ND game was a surprising blow out, i enjoy watching Wannstedt get bent over. he always looked like a whiney bitch on the Bears sideline, i dont like him.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
College Football
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2005, 11:18:59 am »
Expecxt big things from ND this compared to last season. Watching them reminded me of the Patriots offense. Hard nose pound away football. Weis and the ND team seem to have a solid idea and outlook on what they are trying to accomplish.

College FB IMO is better then the NFL because the kids are playing for the love of the game and not for money. They spend saturday trying to get to play on a Sunday. There are more games because there are more schools. More upsets because there is more pride and honor on thew field.

There is just something about watching a non-ranked team drop a top 10.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
College Football
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2005, 06:34:06 pm »
Virginia Tech vs. N.C. State tonight will be a good game. It will give us a chance to see Marcus Vick, brother of Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, in action. I don\'t think Marcus is anywhere near as talented as his brother. Marcus is also back from a really shitty season last year where he had some problems off the field.

plainandsimple

College Football
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2005, 06:50:40 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
Virginia Tech vs. N.C. State tonight will be a good game. It will give us a chance to see Marcus Vick, brother of Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, in action. I don\'t think Marcus is anywhere near as talented as his brother. Marcus is also back from a really shitty season last year where he had some problems off the field.

Got a time on this game? Would like to see the kid in action...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
College Football
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2005, 06:59:56 pm »
7:15, Espn

plainandsimple

College Football
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2005, 07:00:48 pm »

Thank you........................................

Dig

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
College Football
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2005, 07:01:17 pm »
Quote from: plainandsimple

Thank you........................................

why your very welcome sir

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
College Football
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2005, 12:18:25 am »
Expecxt big things from ND this compared to last season. Watching them reminded me of the Patriots offense. Hard nose pound away football. Weis and the ND team seem to have a solid idea and outlook on what they are trying to accomplish.

College FB IMO is better then the NFL because the kids are playing for the love of the game and not for money. They spend saturday trying to get to play on a Sunday. There are more games because there are more schools. More upsets because there is more pride and honor on thew field.

There is just something about watching a non-ranked team drop a top 10.

agree 100%. their offense looks fantastic, Weis will bring major improvements.

definitely got a point about money vs. love of the game, although both leagues have exceptions at the same time. but overall, yeah i agree.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash