Author Topic: 1st Show Post  (Read 1588 times)

eekamouse

1st Show Post
« on: September 03, 2005, 06:51:12 am »
I had never heard of the Breakfast until Thursday night. I happen to live in Utica and live approximately 3 blocks away from the Saranac Brewery - which is less than a block from the Electric Company.

I always go out to the EC because it\'s kind of the \'hippie\' bar in Utica, and I hear some music every now and then that reminds me of all the jam stuff I used to listen to with letters like Ph and Dancing Bears and the like.

I\'m 31, and a Choir/Music teacher at the middle school in Utica, and as I came into the bar, talked with a couple of people, I just heard this band....

I can\'t even remember the things I was talking to people about, because I just couldnt stop listening to the music and everything.

I went over to where the band was playing and felt like Id gone back in time over 10 years to my first Phish show... Tim was wailing like crazy, and the band was communicating like nothing I\'d heard before...

I really wish I was able to go to the moe.down because of the Breakfast playing there.

This band totally kicks musical butt, and it was almost a religious experience... Seeing a couple of people that travelled from Tennessee and Texas and dare I say, Sweden? Was also amazing!

Also had the chance to meet/chat with Tim a bit, and the dood is just totally awesome.

I got the first digest, and I\'ll be getting every/anything I can music wize from these guys because this band totally kicks ass.

What are some of your first show experiences? I\'d love to know because it was just magical for me...

Donbean

• http://www.reggaetraders.com
1st Show Post
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 07:38:58 am »
Nice name Eek... I love the tune ***** smuggling... I have only been seeing the Breakfast for a year now. My first impression was the fans. They were allways cool to me from the get go.. My first impression of the the band was the tightness and full band sound.. Then a few of the tunes will start to grow on you... IF you want rock , the Breakfast will take your hunger away...
Bean

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
    • http://
1st Show Post
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 09:30:19 am »
Welcome aboard! My first show was 1/26/01 at Toads place which was also my 18th birthday.  I can definetly relate to the "religious experience" feeling you got from it.  The funny thing is, if you go to multiple shows, youll get that experience so many times.  There are many jam bands around, but not one can give me the feeling of the Breakfast. When they hit the first chords of Rufus for the opener of my first show, I knew I was hooked for life. Glad to hear your story.
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
1st Show Post
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 09:32:53 am »
Welcome.

Your experience is very similar to all of ours in 1 way or another.

there are a few of us that were born in 1974 hanging here as well.

look forward to seeing you at future shows
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

alyce

1st Show Post
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 10:08:40 am »
welcome- it\'s great to hear another person who was so overcome by the band. we\'ve all experienced that feeling an endless amount of times and you should be prepared to as well, if you\'re going to start with burning some shows you should hook yourself up with the 8-19-05 & 8-20-05 Puppet House shows you\'ll be blown away

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
1st Show Post
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 10:38:34 am »
Timmy moistening panties of both genders...wow...

The one thing I do notice about The Breakfast fan base is theres a lot of people that are musically inclined that just love this music...it\'s awesome!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 10:42:00 am by Ant-Man »
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

WALSH

• Mahoney
1st Show Post
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005, 10:50:04 am »
^^Unlike you who just sticks around for the abuse and the chance to find some fat girls;)

Eek...my first PB show was at a Phish show in the Meadows parking lot in 2000...strange because it didn\'t blow my mind at first.  Saw them a few weeks later and off I was.  The real turning point for me was the first 3 night run when they returned from the first National Tour in Summer \'02.  That Hartford->Holyoke->Sunfire Fest weekend still gives me goosebumps.  They had turned a musical corner on the road and the entire band was now ONE ENTITY!!!  125 shows later I am more hooked than ever, and have gone on to meet some of the greatest people on the planet...long live the Breakfast Fam!!!
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
1st Show Post
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2005, 11:05:34 am »
Welcome aboard Eek.

Glad to have you on the boards and I am glad that you have had the pleasure of hearing the Breakfast and experiencing the same thing many of us have had in the past.

The fans are the greatest. The band is the coolest.

Welcome to the fam.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
1st Show Post
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2005, 01:21:11 pm »
My first show I was foaming at the mouth....:)
My buddy thought that it was all one long song...n00b...I even hear the changes...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 01:25:06 pm by Ant-Man »
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

jking

• thanks!!
1st Show Post
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2005, 02:31:32 pm »
my first show was 12/31/03. they played a quickie first set, then came out and threw down for about three straight hours for the second. i was hooked halfway through the first tune and my girlfriend (who\'d seen them for years by then) was laughing and telling me that they hadn\'t even really gotten warmed up yet. somewhere in the midst of the long second set, i was convinced that this band could do anything it set its mind to. i live in virginia yet i\'ve still managed to see them 10+ times since february.

hook, line & sinker....

kyndkate

• Vicious.
1st Show Post
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2005, 04:55:14 pm »
That is word for word my first experience. My first show was only a few months ago (4.29.05). My buddy and I sat down at setbreak and both said it was like seeing Phish 15 years ago. Tim sat down with us after the show and it was such a treat. The whole evening was unbelievable, and I was in a trance for about the next 3 weeks. I was amazed at their stamina and sheer talent. I even bought Tim a drink because I insisted I hadn\'t paid enough to see them play :lol:
Welcome!
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
1st Show Post
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2005, 07:14:38 pm »
welcome aboard, buddy.  i\'d post my first show story, but you can read about it in the digest, haha.
Postcount +1.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
1st Show Post
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2005, 09:25:22 pm »
My first show was actually spent outside because I was too hypnotized by the music & my ears (& mind) couldn\'t take it! It took 3 more shows for me to actually be able to stand in front of the stage & watch the musical madness.... that was about a year ago, & I\'ve been hooked ever since! Welcome to the board Eek :)
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
1st Show Post
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2005, 11:15:59 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb
welcome aboard, buddy.  i\'d post my first show story, but you can read about it in the digest, haha.

My first show is also listed in the Digest.  Approaching 6 years as a Breakfast fan.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
1st Show Post
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2005, 11:33:20 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
Quote from: Jim Cobb

My first show is also listed in the Digest.  Approaching 6 years as a Breakfast fan.

Owned fan, confirmed.:awwyeah:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 11:35:31 pm by plainandsimple »
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig