Author Topic: Getting Back In The Game.....Of Life That Is.....  (Read 3771 times)

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
Getting Back In The Game.....Of Life That Is.....
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2005, 05:08:21 pm »
Wow, this is the offical "networking" thread.  Confirmed.  If I didn\'t have a job I\'d post my resume...

Quote from: Stephengencs
However I dont think that account manager at Hyperion has the same hourly flexability that affords you the ability to leave before morning and evening traffic.  I know the 95 south commute all too well and i give major respect to anyone who endures that on a day to day basis.....

I Took a train to Stamford everyday for two months for a shitty computer job...
it\'s 12 bux round trip (from New Haven, probably like 10 from Milford),
the more tickets you buy the cheaper they will be...
oh and if you know anyone that works for MTA then it\'s free!  

BTW...for anyone interested, I work at a deli in Hamden...they are looking for full/part time good help, need people to work there so i  can have a day off! PM me for more info...
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2005, 05:35:47 pm »
actually, I\'d like a day off too!  If anyone wants to be a substitute teacher, apply to west haven board of ed :) It\'s a great job - perfect for temp workers who just need a little extra pay ($75/day) & a flexible schedule
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2005, 06:07:35 pm »
Quote from: Ant-Man
Wow, this is the offical "networking" thread.  Confirmed.  If I didn\'t have a job I\'d post my resume...

Who wants connections in the Bay Area Investment Management field?

(most likely no one but the Bryant College kid Del; by the way, what\'s your major?)
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
    • http://
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2005, 06:20:03 pm »
Gencs, just listen to Tom Petty.

So you want to be a rock \'n\' roll star?
Well listen now, hear what I say
Just get an electric guitar
Take some time
And learn how to play

And when your hair swung right,
And your pants get tight
It\'s gonna be alright

Well then it\'s time to go downtown
To the agent man won\'t let you down
Sell your soul to some company
Who are waiting there to sell plastic ware
And in a week or two if you make the charts
The girls will tear you apart

Gencs Tour 2006!
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2005, 06:43:22 pm »
How about an Italian gangsta rap group called Stevie G Unit!

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2005, 06:55:35 pm »
Quote from: FreeSpirit
actually, I\'d like a day off too!  If anyone wants to be a substitute teacher, apply to west haven board of ed :) It\'s a great job - perfect for temp workers who just need a little extra pay ($75/day) & a flexible schedule

simpathy my friend....us WH kids use to make substitute teachers cry... :)  Wow, we must have meet along the line, what is your name, you tell first!
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2005, 07:04:11 pm »
Its kind of obvious but just to mention. craigslist.com usually has some good jobs if you haven\'t looked there.

Also. I have done this and many others have mentioned it in other threads but TEMP AGENCY. Not just any run of the mill go to a good one. They can get you in to gigs that dont normally get posted in help wanted ads etc. It gives you a great opportunity to check out a place and the folks who work there before being locked in. Your Sales experience should open lots of doors for you if you are looking to go that route. People are always looking for sales people who can produce. If you can make quotas and hit your numbers then the sky is the limit in sales. I got out of that game several years ago but nothing has changed. The hours are demanding usually or you are always on the job so to speak but it depends on you (Im sure you know all of this if you sold for as long as you say above).

White Plains NY is a great place to work if you ca get it. If you are willing to relocate to NY or fairfield County then there are usually tons of jobs and your commute won\'t suck completely

If you are serious about food vending at festivals and such let me know. I kno a few people who put on festivals
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2005, 07:13:37 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman
I don\'t think there\'s anything at Sam Adams that you would want, but if you want to sell beer you could apply with my wholesaler, G+G Beverage, in Wallingford.  Or you could go to Star Beverage or Dichello.  Dichello is the Bud wholesaler in New Haven County.  Free Bud kid.  Danger!

This might be a little to dangerous for our friend Mr. Gencs
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2005, 09:08:37 pm »
Wish I could help, best of luck to ya Gencs!
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2005, 09:58:33 pm »
I got my job at the software company through a temp agency.....  I will be hitting them up next week.....

as for the vending Kindm\'s I was hoping to keep it to Breakfast and Breakfast related events as the whole Za thing is near and dear to all the serheads....

Thanks again for all the thoughts and ideas and wishes....

And who knows maybe StevieG Unit\'s first album will see the light of day sometime.....Album Title "SkanksAreSmelly"
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2005, 10:07:22 pm »
Quote from: plainandsimple
Quote from: Wolfman
I don\'t think there\'s anything at Sam Adams that you would want, but if you want to sell beer you could apply with my wholesaler, G+G Beverage, in Wallingford.  Or you could go to Star Beverage or Dichello.  Dichello is the Bud wholesaler in New Haven County.  Free Bud kid.  Danger!

This might be a little to dangerous for our friend Mr. Gencs

Tough love. :)

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2005, 10:18:49 pm »
Gencs, best of luck with the search. Hope all works out in the end.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2005, 10:57:18 pm »
Stevie..you can always use me as a reference!.  let me know how it goes. hope something comes along that suits you.. you havent been out of the game, thats for sure, you just gota play a new role now. Paier college of Art pays decent for nude models, i graduate after this semester, so apply then!!

hopefully see ya tomorrow..
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2005, 01:38:08 am »
Quote from: DocEllis70
Stevie..you can always use me as a reference!.  let me know how it goes. hope something comes along that suits you.. you havent been out of the game, thats for sure, you just gota play a new role now. Paier college of Art pays decent for nude models, i graduate after this semester, so apply then!!

hopefully see ya tomorrow..

okay....let me know when they are looking for fat, greasy, sweaty, hairy, italians for studies in charcoal.....  (ever see the SNL skit where Will Farell is the nude model at the art school? classic shit)

see me tomorrow?  Tuesday? Where? For What?
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2005, 05:10:24 am »
Quote from: Stephengencs
My qualifications:
- dealing with all customer relations issuse ranging from the highest praise to calming down and keeping even the biggest asshole customers satisfied.
- Fantastic people skills

:P

don\'t know if anythings out there, but heres my companies
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke