Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-08-20 - Puppet House Theatre; Branford, CT  (Read 52684 times)

ulee

• Psygned in
Setlist: 2005-08-20 - Puppet House Theatre; Branford, CT
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2005, 12:15:17 pm »
guy:girl ratio was crap- lotta more girlz on Friday
I missed boobs :(

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2005, 12:18:58 pm »
WOW!

I can not describe in words the feelings and emotions that I experienced last evening. One of the greatest sets ever experienced, was the 3rd set. Monster tunes. Buquebus, Rufus, May Fly, FFT.

I love this band.
I love all the fans.

A new chapter in Breakfast history was started last night. The page turned during the Sgt. Peppers Lonely Heart Clube Band reprise. You could feel it.

Thank you to all of you that I had the pleasure to experience this with. From JKing to Daffadil to Leith to Oldnewbie and Mark to Stephengencs, Pitchie, DavePeck and finally my buddy Tim, who was completely owned last night.

Long Live The Breakfast!
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2005, 12:19:14 pm »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley
My highlight = Stevie G shouting "MOIST" repeatedly durnig the Sgt. Pepper\'s set.

Oh yeah, and I\'ll peek at a boob pic.  07_dkingsley@stagweb.fairfield.edu

Last edited by Drew_Kingsley : Today at 12:04 PM. Reason: Boobies!

:P
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
    • http://
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2005, 12:35:51 pm »
Yea I would have to say in my mind this might have just topped the infamous 6/10/05 Porters Show.  Rufus was just out of control, it mellowed out perfectly with the Inca Roads tease at the end (my fav zappa tune).  I really can\'t get over how many heavy hitters they brought out.  I could have run a marathon and would have perspired less sweat. Glad to see the videotapage goin on, this is one show I def cannot wait to relive. Def the best Breakfast weekend ever! Breakfast.......the best band you never heard live!
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2005, 12:49:25 pm »
Hey, delfunk1 finally nice to meet ya man...your buddy looked confused during the whole show...he was seriously foaming at the mouth...

But anyways...Jed on bone for the first tune of SPLHCB was F*cking sweet!  Then they played When I\'m 64....That needed a horn section to!  But who cares they nailed it will the lectric stuff....

I think the band enjoyed playing there to...from what Tim was saying in the end...praising puppet house and such...I do hope they plan on returning there next summer or even earlyer than that!

Oh ya, BTW, one of the kids I brought, his face melted off at the end of the night, he could not control his emotions, he was yelling and screaming at the gas station down the street!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 12:52:33 pm by Ant-Man »
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

ulee

• Psygned in
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2005, 12:55:43 pm »
This was definitely the best venue I\'ve seen them play at.  It had a really relaxed, fun vibe, without hassling security or overpriced drinks...

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2005, 12:59:38 pm »
Quote from: Ant-Man
Hey, delfunk1 finally nice to meet ya man...your buddy looked confused during the whole show...he was seriously foaming at the mouth...

Yea, thats funkydrummer......we\'ve been going to shows for the last 4 and a half years  and agree we have never seen anything like that.  I had no idea that my face was for sale, but appearently it is now own3d by the breakfast!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 01:03:16 pm by delfunk1 »
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2005, 01:05:59 pm »
Quote from: delfunk1
Quote from: Ant-Man

Yea, thats funkydrummer......we\'ve been going to shows for the last 4 and a half years  and agree we have never seen anything like that.  I had no idea that my face was for sale, but appearently it is now own3d by the breakfast!

I\'m buying stock in them....:):):)
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2005, 01:11:55 pm »
I have never witnessed such a special evening with the Breakfast since the first time I walked in on them in Callahans. I was still saying, WOW, 20 minutes into the car ride home. At times I felt like crying from the emotional overload. I plan on returning to the Puppet House to find my brain and face. Hopefully, they haven\'t swept the place yet.

As for returning to the Puppet House in the near future, I wouldn\'t count on it, IMO. The Breakfast has made a bold statement to the jamband community and now it is only time before they explode, I expect moe.down to propel this band to new hieghts. The place was packed and after a 2 night run like that, a gig next year at the Puppet House would surely bring in an excess of to many people for the venue to handle.

Enjoy it while it lasts, my friends. A new day has dawned for the Breakfast. Buckle up!
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

phirehead

• dodging ser crazy
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2005, 01:46:55 pm »
Just wanted to say what an amazing night I had last night. Being a newbie, I was just floored by the whole experience. I hung out w/ great people and put faces to names w/ others.
I also saw an amazing little glow stick show thanks to Walsh.
There\'s not even words to describe what I\'m feeling about the whole thing.
So, thanks.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2005, 01:53:57 pm »
Quote from: phirehead

"moist"? :duck:

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2005, 01:56:43 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
At times I felt like crying from the emotional overload.

I wept all the way home after the LBC show from pure joy. After Phish broke up, I thought I could never be completely musically happy again. Then I saw The Breakfast.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

phirehead

• dodging ser crazy
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2005, 02:12:16 pm »
Quote from: davepeck

"moist"? :duck:

:hand:
Oh, ha ha. You better duck. I was dry, thanks. Except for all the sweat I accumulated from everyone else.
Steve looked like he needed a little sawdust on the floor himself. His P\'s were def. M\'ed.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2005, 02:20:19 pm »
Steve looked like he needed a little sawdust on the floor himself. His P\'s were def. M\'ed.

For those of you scoring at home, the p stands for panties and the m stands for moistened.  

By the way, good show. :P

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2005, 03:06:22 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa
Quote from: davepeck
Quote from: oldnewbie
i missed the boobies.......who\'s got pics?

a lot of people seemed to miss them. the 2 girls walked out behind jordan at the beginning of the tune, the shirts came up, and they seemed to get embarrassed because the shirts came down quick and they took off.

in any event, they were...

I have it in frame form one of the cameras, but its in the background behind jordan. However, I\'m not a sleazy enough guy to post naked pictures on the internet.

I might email some people though.
Hit me up!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07