Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-08-20 - Puppet House Theatre; Branford, CT  (Read 55747 times)

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Setlist: 2005-08-20 - Puppet House Theatre; Branford, CT
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2005, 01:41:51 pm »
no reason to apologize at all.

Sure it made for some exciting moments but overall I would rather tape a show where people are having a blast than not. The energy was great. the crowd had some sing-a-long parts lots of fun.

For Fun. Things tapers hate in no paticular order

Balloons
Beach Balls
infaltable toys
Loud Whistlers/screamers
people who have conversations under the mics
people who grab the stands while trying to move around the crowd.

having said that we had almost all of the above during the weekend and the tapes sound pretty good.

Who are these people who will walk up and stand on other peoples coolers ?
On Friday at the begining of the show this asshole decides to walk on everbodys coolers until he got to Nikki\'s (which was styrofoam) and crushed the thing. I could\'nt believe it. The room wasn\'t even that pack at the time and he just kind of shrugged it off like no big deal. Then on Saturday this other guy decides to stand on my cooler right next to my mics. When we asked him to move he acted like we were crazy for not wanting him to stand on our cooler.

Just to be clear I HAD THE BEST FUCKING TIME AT THESE SHOWS none of this really pissed me off except when beers were stolen out of my cooler. We still had a killer time and it was all worth it
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

daffodil

• http://phishhook.com/lists/antelope5
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2005, 01:58:18 pm »
i stood on jking\'s cooler.  but it was his suggestion.  :lol:

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2005, 01:59:42 pm »
down with beer theft!  man, why would anyone need to steal beer at either of these shows??  if i had a dime for every time i heard, "hey, want a beer?" on friday, i\'d have tons of dimes.  with all the generosity in this family, why do people need to steal?
Postcount +1.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2005, 02:24:30 pm »
i emerged from the upstairs"superdooper private area"to see folks with balloons...
i looked over at sebastian,"dude,we got nitrious?"
but,i was wrong.
manhandler,its sooo much better to have ya back in hte front row with us again!!isnt it a little better being on the "other side"?
btw,im gonna try to work on the band and talk them into a freakout at the puppethouse this year.
anyone game?
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2005, 02:25:29 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s

For Fun. Things tapers hate in no paticular order

Balloons
Beach Balls
infaltable toys
Loud Whistlers/screamers
people who have conversations under the mics
people who grab the stands while trying to move around the crowd.

:chin:  huh...... whistlers! never!
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2005, 02:34:08 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht
i emerged from the upstairs"superdooper private area"to see folks with balloons...
but,i was wrong.
manhandler,its sooo much better to have ya back in hte front row with us again!!isnt it a little better being on the "other side"?
btw,im gonna try to work on the band and talk them into a freakout at the puppethouse this year.
anyone game?

All about it. We should all take the time to decorate. TPH would be the most insain FFO to date. Get it done Freddie
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2005, 02:40:27 pm »
Quote from: derickw
but,i was wrong.
anyone game?

All about it. We should all take the time to decorate. TPH would be the most insain FFO to date. Get it done Freddie

hey,as long as the band dosent already have prior obligations,its a done deal.
i hung with sebastian yesterday,and he said if we want it,hell drop the price of rental.thats ser right there!
remember,ff1 was there.we should stuff the living schnot outta the place!

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2005, 02:41:15 pm »
thats what pissed me off the most.

If the asshole would have asked for a beer I would have been more than happy to hook someone up. I guess he / they decided that their beer drinking was the most important and screw everybody else. Not a big surprise that is exactly the vibe I got from those jerks when they setup their chairs
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2005, 02:45:26 pm »
Quote from: jking
The Breakfast should never again play a gig without Greg Ellis. now that he\'s there, the visually entropic levels he adds to the show completely envelopes you into the music! the music was mind-bogglingly incredible, but i thought a couple tunes went over the top due to the lights (doughboy, for example).

now all we gotta do is get jordan tunred up some, and world domination is soon to follow!

get thee on the road, boys, you\'ve got it ALL now!!!

wait till you see the light show in a smaller venue with more than 3 intelligent lights.

what you saw this weekend is honestly now where near as intense as it gets in a small room where the haze has a chance to build up and the light arent 15 feet above the stage.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 02:47:58 pm by Klout »

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2005, 02:48:18 pm »
i thought the highness of the lihgts made it really sick

greg did an amazing job during the drum solos also
*Gia*

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2005, 02:48:41 pm »

Thank you man much appreciated.  Hey bro, both have some ser advantages.  I will say it was sometimes a bummer being chained to that Merch table, I would have been pissed if that was the case this weekend.  Starting Song 1 Set 2 Sat night I was anchored front row for the rest of the show.  But I will miss life in the van and on the road.  

Wah one thing to say......"Bring it Bitch!"
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 02:56:54 pm by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2005, 02:50:39 pm »
Quote from: derickw
but,i was wrong.
anyone game?

hey,as long as the band dosent already have prior obligations,its a done deal.
i hung with sebastian yesterday,and he said if we want it,hell drop the price of rental.thats ser right there!
remember,ff1 was there.we should stuff the living schnot outta the place!

FFO at PHT is SER.

Did the band have plans to use the Webster Theater (BOO!) for the FFO this year? PHT would be so much more fitting and after a show like that, the place would be packed with freaks and geeks. I remember Walsh posting that Saturday, October 29th is confirmed for the Webster. (Any truth to this?)
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2005, 02:55:56 pm »
I thought they were trying to get Toads for the Freakout not sure if this worked out but I remember hearing conversations.....

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2005, 02:57:58 pm »
we were tryin todas,but i think webster is a lock already.
maybe its not too late to back out.
phonecall=made

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2005, 03:10:38 pm »
I thought I heard rumblings about the Freakout at Beardslee ? - That would be SER!