Author Topic: For those who were at our party on Saturday...  (Read 4235 times)

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
For those who were at our party on Saturday...
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2005, 06:15:07 pm »
very sad!! unfortunately, when you are as generous as dave and lisa, someone will come along and take advantage. it just comes  with the territory i guess. try to let it go dave. sometimes shit just happens and theres nothing you can do about. if you let it change you, you\'ll be hurt more than you ever would be by losing some stuff. you guys are great and life goes on. come see me at the puppet house and we\'ll share a nice headie beer and toast the cocksuckers demise!

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2005, 06:17:34 pm »
i was thinking that mama...maybe a shadey friend of a friend?

you should let it go dave old newb is right. Karma has your back always. You dont even have to ask. It just does.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2005, 07:38:02 pm »
There\'s also the possibility that someone was very drunk (or another form of intoxication) and committed this violation at your home with very little thought.   I\'ve seen lots of people do things they wouldn\'t normally do if they hadn\'t let their condition get out of hand.  It\'s still a terrible excuse, though it does give you the option of knowing that possibly none of the family would do this in a state of sobriety.  

Regardless, Dave has been completely devoted to the band and fans since day 1.  He brings us together on a daily basis via the forums and allows people from all parts of the globe to connect.  I have often asked how he has the time to maintain such a high level of devotion to his work, personal life, thebreakfast.info, taping/transferring/uploading/archiving shows and also attending such a great number of shows.  Thank you for everything!
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2005, 09:46:32 am »
what a cocksmoker!  may whoever stole peck\'s shit o.d on it, or at least have a severe allergic reaction that requires hospitalization!
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2005, 09:54:30 am »
alcohol is no excuse, actually it\'s the worst excuse.  it would mean that under the vail of friendship that you show toward Dave, that got you invited to this party, you actually have no respect for him at all.  That you\'re really just a scumbag.  Actually I apologize to scumbags for comparing them to this thing.

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2005, 11:53:24 am »
That really is the worst thing I have ever heard.  I left stag festivities early(well 1:30-1:45) to try to make it to Pec\'s just to show I was thankful he was having a party that I had RSVP\'d to (forgettting I had a stag to go to) and was wondering why he wasn\'t his jovial self...I figured it was just cause he was drunk...he didn\'t even want to do a hyperslut????  

Dave I am sorry that this happened to you but I do agree with Duane...try hard not to let this sully your view of the "Family" that has sprouted around this band...in my memory I can\'t think of anything like this EVER happening in our Breakfast scene.  Karma will come back to spite this miscreant and hopefully it will be swift.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2005, 12:47:02 pm »
Peck.  I can\'t believe someone would do something so ludicrously uncool.  Especially after you and LIsa threw such a great party.  I have to say I enjoyed myself thoroughly.  2 kegs, a pool, a fabulous spread, tons of liquor and killer music.  It made for a great time.  I\'m sorry an invitee would do somehing so underhanded, i hope the culprit steps up
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad:

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2005, 02:48:44 pm »
Who the fuck ruins a party like this?  Whoever is bringing negative energy around you better run cause your gonna eat cement!
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2005, 04:12:18 pm »
I havent been online for the past couple of days but billychags told me about this last night.  There are always rotten apples in every family and they always eventually decompose and disappear.

Dave, I am sorry to hear about what happened, I think you did the right thing by posting this and I hope you find out what happened for your peace of mind...
and thanks again for an amazing day and night....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2005, 07:38:15 pm »
Sorry to hear that someone ruined what sounded like an otherwise stellar occasion. I have had the privilege to meet a couple of .info\'ers and they have been very friendly and gracious. Don\'t lose faith but learn from the past.
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

Cori

• old school fan
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2005, 07:44:17 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb
the more i think about this, the more it pisses me off.  dave is one of the most loving, giving people i know, and while i haven\'t known him for long, he\'s quickly become one of my favorite people.  i\'ve got a lot of gratitude for this guy, he definitly played a HUGE part in making me feel instantly at home with this "family".

Well put.  I met Dave early in my breakfast days and he definitly made me feel like part of the family and was always offering to give me rides to shows since I didn\'t know a lot of people who went.  Dave is the most generous person I have ever met, inviting everyone to his house, spending loads of money on food and drinks, not to mention all the time it takes to prepare for a party of that size.  That is totally fucked up that someone would take advantage of anyone in the breakfast family, but especially Dave and Lisa.  Whoever did it, I hope you are reading this and know that everyone thinks you are an ass.  And as far as the people telling Dave to let it go, I\'m sure you\'re just trying to help and all, but it\'s not that easy to let something like that go.   It makes you wonder who you can trust and changes the atmosphere of the whole breakfast family because you know there is someone around who has no qualms about stealing your shit and screwing you over.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2005, 12:36:15 am »
Gray Did It.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2005, 07:34:15 am »
Quote from: Cori
Quote from: Jim Cobb
the more i think about this, the more it pisses me off.  dave is one of the most loving, giving people i know, and while i haven\'t known him for long, he\'s quickly become one of my favorite people.  i\'ve got a lot of gratitude for this guy, he definitly played a HUGE part in making me feel instantly at home with this "family".

Well put.  I met Dave early in my breakfast days and he definitly made me feel like part of the family and was always offering to give me rides to shows since I didn\'t know a lot of people who went.  Dave is the most generous person I have ever met, inviting everyone to his house, spending loads of money on food and drinks, not to mention all the time it takes to prepare for a party of that size.  That is totally fucked up that someone would take advantage of anyone in the breakfast family, but especially Dave and Lisa.  Whoever did it, I hope you are reading this and know that everyone thinks you are an ass.  And as far as the people telling Dave to let it go, I\'m sure you\'re just trying to help and all, but it\'s not that easy to let something like that go.   It makes you wonder who you can trust and changes the atmosphere of the whole breakfast family because you know there is someone around who has no qualms about stealing your shit and screwing you over.

Cori... Branford...

Does this mean Payne finally joined the board?
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2005, 09:09:59 am »
Dave I am terribly sorry to hear about this.

You know I will chop off thumbs or break kneecaps if need be...
Masturbation in the MFA

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2005, 03:59:52 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman
Gray Did It.

:lol: Man, is he still getting the blame for everything?? It comes to something when you can make a comment like that and it gets missed by all - guess the gray incident was a LONG time ago now.

On a serious note, however, can I just add my 2 euros worth of disgust at someone turning over dave\'s house after all he\'s done for the community.
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)