Author Topic: Setlist: 8/11/05 - Adrian\'s \'Big Bang II\' - Porter\'s; Westbrook, CT  (Read 3437 times)

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
Adrian\'s setup consisted of:

9 Drums: 3 toms, 2 snares, 2 bass, 2 roto-toms
9 cymbals, 4 cowbells, 3 congas, 2 high-hats, 1 djembe, 1 jam block, 1 slit drum, 1 cast iron pan, 1 cake pan, 1 pot, 1 wok

Here are the sets with details. The times are mental approximations. The setlist, much like the show, is quite an experiment. Any accuracy alterations are welcomed.

Set One

1. (5 min), Main Set Medium Tempo
2. (10 min), Main Set Fast with Cowbell Section and Thrashing Ending with Crowd Screaming
3. (8 min), Hands on 3 Congas with High-Hat and Bass Drum
4. (12 mins), Sticks on Cast Iron Pan, Cake Pan, Pot and Wok>Same Theme with Fast Sticks on Main Kit and Gong Conclusion
5. (8 mins), Jam with Josh Dobson on Didgeridoo and Adrian on Djembe

Set Two

1. (10 min), Brushes on Toms>Medium Sticks on Toms>Sticks on Jam Block
2. (8 min), High-Hat Jazzy>High-Hat Fury with Some Quick Quiet Moments>Severe High-Hat Fury
3. (10 mins), Sticks on Cast Iron Pan, Cake Pan, Pot and Wok, High-Hat, Bass Drum, and 3 Congas>Sticks on Main Kit and Led Zeppelin\'s "The Ocean" with Cymbals Middle
4. (8 min), Jam with Dobson on Digeridoo and Adrian on Djembe with Dobson Beatbox Breakdown and Adrian Laughter with Crowd Calamity
5. (5 min), "All-Out Drum Solo" on Main Set
6. (5 min), Guest Jam with Dave Peck on Kitchenware/Cymbals, Sean (funkydrummer23) on Main Set, Dobson on Djembe/Digeridoo, Adrian on Congas/Cymbals/Snare

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 8/11/05 - Adrian\'s \'Big Bang II\' - Porter\'s; Westbrook, CT
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 09:43:41 am »
nice work pitchie. i really hope you kept the piece of paper you kept the setlist on. would love to get a picture of that. classic.

well, i think last night\'s big bang was MUCH better than the first one, but the crowd was much lighter (20 people tops) :(.. i guess that can be expected since the last one was just a couple weeks ago. was still a great time though..

gotta add that dobs\' didg playing and shaun\'s drumming were both very damn good. nicely done, folks.

adrian also \'officially\' announced the new \'drums & guitar\' (adrian & tim) project, debuting at porter\'s on 9/8.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 10:17:28 am »
i wish i coulda made this show.  wednesday night killed me.  i fell off dobs front stoop

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 10:53:31 am »
Quote from: ChrisPitch
Adrian\'s setup consisted of:
1 cast iron pan, 1 cake pan, 1 pot, 1 wok

Guest Jam with Dave Peck on Kitchenware/Cymbals

:lol: He would. That\'s awesome. Personally, I feel that a quart-sized saucepan and a skillet could have spiced things up. ;)
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 10:56:33 am »
davepeck playing. . .well, I want to say percussion even though it was properly labeled as kitchenware, but I\'m gonna go with percussion anyway. . .makes me want to dust off the trumpet in my closet ;)
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 12:10:05 pm »
Thanks Dave. I didn\'t bring a piece of paper on which to record the setlist so I searched my wallet for some scrap. I came up with my list of CD\'s I want to buy, which had about enough room on the back for half a set of a regular show, let alone the vast amount of notes that went with this one. So I crammed as many details as I could, writing small enough to make it fit but not so that I couldn\'t translate. It took an hour last night to decipher and record the list. Hope it\'s useful.

This was definitely the Better Bang and the crowd, although smaller, once again looked riveted. Adrian\'s playing was exceptional. He seemingly played in every possible style and mixed it up frequently enough to keep it fresh. Rhythmic and abrasive.

I\'d say the audience reaction after the second number of the first set was louder than that of any time during the first Bang. That was my favorite song of both Bangs. High-Hat Fury produced similar reactions. Adrian had great jams on the kitchen set and I thought the presence of that added variety and thought the overall variety made this Bang better. Watching Adrian play the congas so fast that it looked like he had four hands was worth attending in and of itself. Watching Dobs face during the didgeridoo jams was a highlight and I liked the second of those jams better with Dobs freestyle-ish scatting, if that\'s what it\'s called. Adrian burst into laughter and the crowd followed with laughter and applause. Great cohesion on the Guest Jam and that was a fun and fitting way to end it with Adrian conducting and signaling for solos. Peck threw everything out there, including the kitchen sink, and broke his sticks in the process. This show was a first-time used for the wok, which was played on before it was even used for cooking.

Perhaps the best part of the evening was a totally unfamiliar face who showed up with his woman and said to Adrian after one song, audible to the entire room: "Dude, you fuckin\' rock." Then after the next song, during a quiet moment, he turned to his wife and jokingly said aloud, "What do you mean you want to marry the drummer?"

What a night

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 01:18:54 pm »
Quote from: ChrisPitch
Perhaps the best part of the evening was a totally unfamiliar face who showed up with his woman and said to Adrian after one song, audible to the entire room: "Dude, you fuckin\' rock." Then after the next song, during a quiet moment, he turned to his wife and jokingly said aloud, "What do you mean you want to marry the drummer?"

yup.. this lady also made it a point to go up to dobs and say \'that was incredible. you\'re hot..\' after the show, the dude got adrian\'s number and said he was gonna hire him to play a swingers party! :lol:

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 01:34:28 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens
i wish i coulda made this show.  wednesday night killed me.  i fell off dobs front stoop

I heard, didn\'t see you after that either.  I was feeling the same way...I\'m still recovering...
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 03:17:25 pm »
Quote from: Ant-Man

I heard, didn\'t see you after that either.  I was feeling the same way...I\'m still recovering...

is this youngster bitching? or whining?

quit complaining young man, you are suppose to be able to hand this kind of stuff at your age.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 03:47:07 pm »

Didn\'t see me cause that was my signal that it was time to go.  

Walsh:  Bill, do you need a ride home?
Bill:  I just fell off the house, I think that\'s a good idea.

or something like that.

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2005, 04:10:52 pm »
I think I caught a cold from someone, whos got it?
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

ChrisF

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2005, 04:11:56 pm »

Didn\'t see me cause that was my signal that it was time to go.  

Walsh:  Bill, do you need a ride home?
Bill:  I just fell off the house, I think that\'s a good idea.

or something like that.

i hope youre ok. thats the reason i have been taking a break from timmy tour and latenight. if i had been there that would have been me falling down the stairs.

funkydrummer23

• \"I love lamp\"
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2005, 04:24:16 pm »
I must say that this big bang was better than the first one, although enjoyed both...It was a blast jamming with adrian....I hope he does this agian....

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2005, 05:05:39 pm »

im glad your ok,and even more glad i witnessed it..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2005, 05:21:20 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht

im glad your ok,and even more glad i witnessed it..

glad someone did... i certainly didn\'t.

ChrisF, you coming down tonight?

I feel bad that I\'ve railroaded this thread.  More about the big bang please!!