Author Topic: The ONE and ONLY 2005-2006 NFL Thread!  (Read 23908 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
The ONE and ONLY 2005-2006 NFL Thread!
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2005, 12:14:13 pm »
leith, i know it\'s early there, but please reread my post and laugh a little..

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2005, 12:22:35 pm »
lol
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2005, 06:38:58 pm »
Ladanian needs a completely different nickname, like 6-Point or something like that.  You can\'t have your initials as your nickname when someone else with the same initials already used their initials as their nickname.  Especially when that palyer was better than you.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2005, 08:59:33 am »
i\'m gonna go ahead and agree with wolfman about what he wrote to me in a PM last night: yesterday\'s Giants game was one of the worst games i\'ve ever seen in my life.

defense forces 3 turnovers in the first half, and our offense is absolutely SILENT until late in the second half, when they commit 2 turnovers themselves on would-be touchdowns.. then as soon as i\'m ready to throw in the towel, they march down the field and score a touchdown in 33 seconds to force overtime and give me hope, only to lose the coin toss and lie down defensively to lose on the opening drive of OT. :mad:

Eli\'s youth was definitely showing yesterday though.. he\'s yet to win an away game.. :no:

leith

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2005, 09:05:40 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman
Ladanian needs a completely different nickname, like 6-Point or something like that.  You can\'t have your initials as your nickname when someone else with the same initials already used their initials as their nickname.  Especially when that palyer was better than you.

2 different positions and LT\'s career is hardly started so how can Lawrence Taylor be a better player? pffft.
Oh and LT just tied the NFL consecutive games w/ a TD record. Does Lawrence Taylor hold any NFL records? I do not think so. Oh wait he went to 10 consecutive Pro Bowls OOOOOOHHHH. Giants fans make me laugh.

Blackieshamps

• Blankee Dick
    • http://
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2005, 09:41:55 pm »
Quote from: leith
Does Lawrence Taylor hold any NFL records?

I think he holds the record for the most crack cocaine smoked during a professional sports career, just inching past A.C. Green.  where do i get my facts? http://www.cracksmoker.com
"Clown College? pfft you cant eat that!"

Wolfman

« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2005, 05:59:28 pm »
Pats season in a nutshell:

Whether you\'re a fan of the team or not, any NFL fan has to wonder what happens to their 2-time defending champions.  It\'s pretty simple this year:

They will just enough to win the AFC East, whether that means 9-7 or 10-6.  They will have the 4 seed, and win their first-round home game.  Then its off to Indy, and Indy will finally have their year, toasting the Pats secondary for a 31-17 victory.

postom

• let\'s go pens
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2005, 09:39:16 pm »
the pats didn\'t make the playoffs - when was that, two years ago?  or three?  in between super bowl victories.  it\'s the NFL.  it\'s unpredictable.  it\'s different from year to year.  and THAT\'S why i love this sport.

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2005, 09:47:29 pm »
Quote from: postom
the pats didn\'t make the playoffs - when was that, two years ago?  or three?  in between super bowl victories.  it\'s the NFL.  it\'s unpredictable.  it\'s different from year to year.  and THAT\'S why i love this sport.

yeah. i mean look at those jets.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2005, 10:38:11 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman

2 different positions and LT\'s career is hardly started so how can Lawrence Taylor be a better player? pffft.
Oh and LT just tied the NFL consecutive games w/ a TD record. Does Lawrence Taylor hold any NFL records? I do not think so. Oh wait he went to 10 consecutive Pro Bowls OOOOOOHHHH. Giants fans make me laugh.

lawrence taylor is considered by many to be the greatest defensive player of all time, certainly the best linebacker. he would dominate the game and NEVER touch the ball. tomlinson has a long way to go to be considered in his caliber. he\'s had a great start to his career, no doubt, but the history of the league is littered with players that had a great start. for the record....i\'m NOT a giants fan.

Wolfman

« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2005, 11:08:54 am »
Great time at the Pats game last night, but very weird game.  The Pats only showed up for the last 8 minutes of the game.  But hey, when you outscore the opponent 14-0 in the last 8 minutes, that\'s reason enough to win.  The defense actually did a great job limiting the Bills to 4 FG attempts after 4 long drives and no rest in between.  The D was out there all day.  That kept us in the game.  

Where are all the Giants fans?  Is this team for real?

leith

« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2005, 12:02:19 am »
Friggin\' Cardiac Bolts! Defense decided to finally show up in the last minute. Thank goodness. Losing to these Jets would be horrible. So starting the 2nd half on a good note. Man these guys could use a bye.
Niners @ least showed how bad the Giants really are. How tall does Eli think his recievers are? LOL Well Giants fan at least a win is a win huh?

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2005, 07:26:36 am »
Niners @ least showed how bad the Giants really are. How tall does Eli think his recievers are? LOL Well Giants fan at least a win is a win huh?

oh let\'s just calm down, now..

is the offense a little shakey? sure. were there a lot of retarded penalties yesterday? sure. but the last time i checked, the last touchdown scored against the giants\' defense was 9 quarters ago. their D has given up a total of 3 TDs in the last 4 games.. if the D continues to perform like this, and the O can do just enough to squeak by, i\'ll be happy.

bad? no. bad teams lose the sloppy games.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2005, 04:57:12 pm »
Week 10

Vikings 24, Giants 21

oh.. my.. GOD!!! :mad:

ugh..

in a giants season full of sloppy, disgusting, hard-to-watch games, this one takes the cake..

defense hasn\'t allowed a TD in 13 quarters now.. great.. but they let brad johnson and the vikes march down the field at the end of the game for the GW field goal. :mad:

...which, by the way, would have never happened if Eli (who definitely had his worst game of the year) hadn\'t spiked the ball, leaving the vikes with plenty of time to do so..

i felt the exact same way i felt in the Dallas game, where the giants came back at the very end to force OT, only to lose the toss and lose the game on the first series in OT.

:mad:

Eli was horrible, as was the Special Teams.. a kickoff and a punt run back for TD\'s.. :sigh:

i really wanted a win with the Eagles coming to town next week.. now the Giants pretty much have to win that game..

ugh.. i didn\'t even want to watch the FG attempt at the end of the game, cause i knew he was gonna hit it.. :mad:

i hate sports.

stabmasterarson

« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2005, 05:18:10 pm »
Quote from: Blackieshamps
Does Lawrence Taylor hold any NFL records?

I think he holds the record for the most crack cocaine smoked during a professional sports career, just inching past A.C. Green.  where do i get my facts? http://www.cracksmoker.com

also hold the all time sacks record with 132 1/2.