Author Topic: The ONE and ONLY 2005-2006 NFL Thread!  (Read 24199 times)

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
The ONE and ONLY 2005-2006 NFL Thread!
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2005, 08:50:15 pm »
Great day for the giants and tikiiiii!

that larry johnson clown is a hair on tikis ass.

I said before he even set the career high game yardage \'i think this is the best i have ever seen tiki run!\'

he was a total mad man out there. breakin tackles left and right, side steppin, runnin in place and just gettin serly jiggy with it!

also the highest single game preformance in the nfl all season and last too!

and all this vs with a make shift offensive line and defense that is very good against the run!

gotta give it up to em. tiki owned face today.

cant wait for the play offs.

I honestly think we got a really good shot at winning it all or at least get to the super bowl if things go our way.

I think its time the giants get some respect too.

Granted eli is still very young and makes a lot of bad throws and interceptions but we can overcome that.

We have the skill, we have the heart, we just need the discipline and a little luck and we are totally in there.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 08:52:26 pm by Klout »

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2005, 09:01:51 pm »

:thumbsup:

incredible day for tiki. possibly the most underrated player in the league. could not believe what i was seeing.. play after play, turning short gains into bustout runs.. felt great to watch the best rushing performance in giants history, and best in the league this year.. great game!

Blackieshamps

• Blankee Dick
    • http://
« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2005, 09:48:46 pm »
GO GIANTS!!! NEW YORK RULES! even the knicks are winning right now

the knicks just lost. they FUCKING BLOW!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 10:04:11 pm by Blackieshamps »
"Clown College? pfft you cant eat that!"

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2005, 10:32:30 pm »
tiki starting to get the credit he deserves tho dont you think dave, This will obviously help too.  I cant wait for sportscenter :D

here is some stats

• Tiki Barber set four team records and tied another while rushing for 220 yards and two touchdowns on 29 carries.

His 220 rushing yards set a franchise single-game mark, two more than Gene “Choo Choo” Roberts’ 218 yards against the Chicago Cardinals on Nov. 12, 1950. Barber’s previous high was the 206 yards he had against Washington on Oct. 30. It was the third 200-yard game of his career. Barber rushed for 203 yards against Philadelphia on Dec. 28, 2002.

Barber increased his season rushing total to 1,577 yards, breaking the team single-season record of 1,518 he set last year. Barber has two games remaining to add to his mark. He is the first Giant in history with back-to-back 1,500-yard seasons.

It was Barber’s fifth consecutive 100-yard game, another team record. He was tied with Morris (1986) and Gary Brown (1998) at four in a row. Barber has 29 career 100-yard rushing performances, 10 more than Morris, who is second in team history.

Barber’s seventh rushing attempt late in the first quarter was the 1,824th of his career, tying Rodney Hampton for first place in Giants history. With an equal number of carries, Barber had 8,290 yards to Hampton’s 6,897, a difference of 1,393 yards. Barber broke the record with a five-yard rush on the Giants’ next possession. He finished the game with 1,846 career rushing attempts. Barber has 313 carries this season, the second-highest total of his career. He had 322 a year ago.

Barber’s two rushing touchdowns increased his career total to 49, enabling him to pass Joe Morris (48) and tie Rodney Hampton atop the Giants career list.

Barber also caught five passes for 29 yards. His 249 total yards were the second-highest total of his career. He had 276 total yards on Dec. 28, 2002 against the Eagles (203 rushing, 73 receiving).

not to mention he has only made ONE FUMBLE all year!

if eli could just learn how to throw the bomb to plaxico and toomer and shockey could stop droppin the ball we would really beunstoppable
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 10:48:49 pm by Klout »

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
    • http://
« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2005, 03:18:49 am »
Quote from: davepeck

:thumbsup:

incredible day for tiki. possibly the most underrated player in the league. could not believe what i was seeing.. play after play, turning short gains into bustout runs.. felt great to watch the best rushing performance in giants history, and best in the league this year.. great game!

MVP right there, for a back who is small and couldn\'t hold on to the ball a few years ago, MVP for TIKI.  When Eli can\'t throw a screen pass Tiki has been there to carry the team.  Very rare to see a player do so much (even though the Chiefs couldn\'t tackle to save their lives today!)
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2005, 03:45:01 am »
i dont think they were even tackeling poor. you dont see guys just mess up and miss that many tackles. We were just playing with superior intensity and will! I didnt want to say it but you are totally right MVP. entire game was all tiki. If his momentum continues and he can have efforts like that combined with some passing game we are shoe in

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2005, 11:21:38 am »
Giants looked real good yesterday beating up on the Chiefs. The Giants defense looked well tuned and very dominate. Tiki very well might be the MVP in the NFC. I personally don\'t think the NFC has the what it takes to win the Super Bowl, but I would like to see the Giants/Seahawks rematch in the playoffs.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2005, 02:03:24 pm »
yea i dont know how the play off matchups are going to work but if it comes down to the giants and seatle for the NFC championship you know the giants are taking it down after that heartbreaker.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2005, 02:31:24 pm »
Are the Colts going to lost this afternoon? That would be a huge victory for the staggering Chargers.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2005, 05:36:40 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
Are the Colts going to lost this afternoon? That would be a huge victory for the staggering Chargers.

Staggering Chargers?
Up to last week they were in total control of their destiny. So they lost to the Dolphins because they made the mistake of looking PAST them. Well now the real Chargers showed up and have done what no one else could so far this year and that is take out the Colts. 2 Mannings and 2 victories this year. Gotta love it!!!!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2005, 06:20:57 pm »
Not really the word I was looking for, so I went with the first word I thought of.

Chargers need to win out the rest of the season to get into the playoffs? Not sure but next week definitely looks like a big game for them vs. Kansas City in Missouri. With the Giants victory over the Chiefs yesterday, it kept the Chargers chances alive and when they won today they gave themselves a well needed boost before the end of the season.

Quote from: leith
Quote from: Spacey

So they lost to the Dolphins because they made the mistake of looking PAST them.

I think the Colts looked past the Chargers this week and were thinking Seattle and the playoffs.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 06:22:09 pm by Spacey »

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2005, 08:03:56 pm »
If the Colts did indeed look past the Chargers, it cost them a chance @ History. I doubt they did. The game was contested until the last couple of minutes.
 The Chargers knew they had to win and set themselves up to win the last 2 games of the season against division rivals and repeat as AFC West Champs.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2005, 10:34:39 am »
Chargers literally outplayed the Colts. Chargers had there back to the wall and were forced to come out swinging and landed just about every punch they threw. After watching the highlights from the Colts game last night, I question if they will be able to perform to the level they need to in the playoffs. Someone from Tampa Bay said this after Saturday\'s game, "Until New England is beat in the playoffs, the are still the best team in the NFL".

Anyone see the Bears/Falcons game last night? When did the Bears defense become so good. Offense really isn\'t there but the defense gives them the opportunity to win. If Grossman comes back and the offense clicks the way it looked when he play last night, the Bears could make a good run at the SB. I\'d just like to see Bears/Giants and let the defenses go-off.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2005, 10:45:48 am »
Quote from: davepeck

I believe that #20 of the Giants is getting a BJ from a Chief.  He is quite excited about it.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #164 on: December 19, 2005, 10:46:31 am »
:lol:

nice eye there, Wolfman.

:lol: