Author Topic: The ONE and ONLY 2005-2006 NFL Thread!  (Read 24034 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
The ONE and ONLY 2005-2006 NFL Thread!
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2005, 10:43:53 am »
Quote from: Spacey
The 10 offsides/illegal motion penalities can be tied to Eli. He is the center os the offense, everything revolves around him. If the tackle can\'t hear him then it\'s his fault. However, if the tackle can hear him and still jumps offsides, well its completely different story.

Yet, no football team should blame a kicker because no game really should come down to making the kicker win the game. Lack of offense is usually the culprit. But, the kicker sucks and I agree with Gordo.

Thanx Spacey.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2005, 11:21:31 am »
The 10 offsides/illegal motion penalities can be tied to Eli. He is the center os the offense, everything revolves around him. If the tackle can\'t hear him then it\'s his fault. However, if the tackle can hear him and still jumps offsides, well its completely different story.

if the tackle can\'t hear him, he needs to maybe think about making an adjustment after the first 3 or 4 times he jumps offsides, like maybe holding hands with his guard. you canNOT blame eli for not being loud enough in that stadium. he can\'t really say \'HIKE!\' to one side of the line, then turn his head and say it to the other side..

Yet, no football team should blame a kicker because no game really should come down to making the kicker win the game. Lack of offense is usually the culprit. But, the kicker sucks and I agree with Gordo.

huh? no game should come down to a kicker having to win it?? then wtf is he there for??

well, it\'s obivous you didn\'t watch this game.. 21 points, 25 first downs, 490 total yards, and time of possession domination = lack of offense?? no. eli manning and the offense MARCHED down the field FOUR times late in the game and in OT, 3 of which set up a would-be game-winning field goal, which were all missed.. so by your logic, with 20 seconds left in regulation, from the 23 yard-line, the giants should have rushed to the line and threw to the end zone, rather than attempt a field goal? give me a break.

leith

« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2005, 11:34:27 am »
How come Peyton has NO problems with loud crowds?
 Seems he\'s got an audible system that does not need to be heard sometimes. Eli has got to be wonderin\' bout that.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2005, 01:19:15 pm »
hate on Eli all you want but the kid is a great qb and is going to be better than payton eventually.

He is so clutch it is retarded.

Even if the giants lose in the first round of the play offs this year I will be happy because the team will win it all in the next 5 years gaurunteed.

between eli, plexico tiki and shockey they will have the best offense in the leauge soon enough.

they need a bigger better offensive line and a lot of help in thier secondary and a NEW FIELD GOAL KICKER and we will be UNSTOPPABLE.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 01:22:42 pm by Klout »

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2005, 06:06:12 pm »
Quote from: davepeck

if the tackle can\'t hear him, he needs to maybe think about making an adjustment after the first 3 or 4 times he jumps offsides, like maybe holding hands with his guard. you canNOT blame eli for not being loud enough in that stadium. he can\'t really say \'HIKE!\' to one side of the line, then turn his head and say it to the other side..

The quarterback is at the helm of the offense. He is the player responsible for making the adjustments when necessary. Blame it on inexperience of not playing many professional games, this may have been the loudest game he has ever played in.

The fact is, no professional football team should make that many mistakes and I believe they made 4-5 in a row on the same drive.

Quote from: davepeck

huh? no game should come down to a kicker having to win it?? then wtf is he there for??

well, it\'s obivous you didn\'t watch this game.. 21 points, 25 first downs, 490 total yards, and time of possession domination = lack of offense?? no. eli manning and the offense MARCHED down the field FOUR times late in the game and in OT, 3 of which set up a would-be game-winning field goal, which were all missed.. so by your logic, with 20 seconds left in regulation, from the 23 yard-line, the giants should have rushed to the line and threw to the end zone, rather than attempt a field goal? give me a break.

I did watch this game for the fact that I am anti-giant and anti-jet. So to see a dominate team lose like that made me laugh. If you read my previous post, I stated that no team should blame the kicker for losing a game.

By my logic, They should have won the game prior to having make the place kicker who missed 3 kicks try to win it. Everybody on that team should have sucked it up and put the ball in the endzone knowing that Feely would miss a field goal. And yes, lack of offense is usually the culprit, in this case, the Giants sucked and had a lot of penalties, which will kill any teams attempt at winning a game.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2005, 06:56:25 pm »
Lions fire mooch. dont know what to say. heard of this the days after the turkey fiasco but didnt buy in them.  jauran is good for hte remaining 5 games and maybe next year. if we finish 9-7 then we may take the division and make the playoffs.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2005, 07:18:13 pm »
I don\'t think Dick Jauron is the answer here. He had a tough time in Chicago. While he is an excellent coordinator, I don\'t believe he has the qualities for running a team effectively at the moment. Only time will tell though.

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2005, 07:26:21 pm »
he made the playoffs. but you are prob right, but who knows who they will have next year. as a lions fan i am surely disappointed with this season and have no idea what to expect next year. i mean its not all moochs fault, millen is partially to blame along with poor play.  k.jones never had the year he was projected to have after leading the nfl in the final 8 weeks of hte season. c. rodge got off to a rough rookie season, hasnt recooped and is not addicted to pain killers, j.g. broke his leg and screwed up the season, since he was goign to start. j.harrington playa role in this too, but this was more than mooch. maybe its time for the fords to sell the team or something.

i mean their is supposed to be a super bowl in detroit this year, and since we all kmnow detroit most likely wont be playing, you\'d figure they would want to represent themselves well in hopes of getting another one in the near future, but outlooks is just not so good. this really sucks...
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2005, 07:51:12 pm »
The Lions have a lot of talent. There doesn\'t seem to be any consistent chemistry amongst the team. Personally, and this might be my hatred for Millen, I think it\'s time for him to go. The Lions have been perenial losers since Sanders left (I believe, when was the last time they had a solid winning season with a playoff win?) Millen seems to have no answers for turning the program into a winning one, so far.

Dick Jauron is a Yale Alumni and a Bears former coach (of whom I am a fan of the Bears), so I would like to see him do well, but running an entire team is a lot different then running an offense or defense.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2005, 11:15:15 pm »
No football game should come down to a kicker...who can\'t kick.  If your kicker is Adam Vinatieri then by all means just get into field goal range and you\'ll take home the W like Laura Bush.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2005, 03:29:17 pm »
the offense did their job by putting their kicker in position to win the game. the kicking game is part of the offense and eli marched down field to bring on the field goal unit. how can you say that a game should never come down to the kicking team? are you kidding me? this is the NFL and their isnt that much discrepancy of talent, every game could be won by either team. why do you think spreads in the pros float around 3 points frequently? when a game comes down to a kick at the end, that just means it was a GOOD football game.

as for the line jumping, you wont know what the problem was.. shit theyre only human and the line couldve had brain farts all day long. i have a strong feeling that if it was noise control at first, they took care of the problem.

as for Da\' Bears, That\'s What I\'m Talkin\' About! :banana:
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2005, 03:33:13 pm »
Quote from: Gordo
the offense did their job by putting their kicker in position to win the game. the kicking game is part of the offense and eli marched down field to bring on the field goal unit. how can you say that a game should never come down to the kicking team? are you kidding me? this is the NFL and their isnt that much discrepancy of talent, every game could be won by either team. why do you think spreads in the pros float around 3 points frequently? when a game comes down to a kick at the end, that just means it was a GOOD football game.

as for the line jumping, you wont know what the problem was.. shit theyre only human and the line couldve had brain farts all day long. i have a strong feeling that if it was noise control at first, they took care of the problem.

Eli could have put the kicker in BETTER position to make those kicks.
If he had thrown 2 decent passes in either situation things could have been different. Heck he could have even called a run audible the 2nd time and had better field position.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2005, 03:34:09 pm »
Quote from: leith

If he had thrown 2 decent passes in either situation things could have been different. Heck he could have even called a run audible the 2nd time and had better field position.

shutup bitch.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2005, 04:23:19 pm »
Quote from: leith

shutup bitch.

Why whenever I make a good point you have to resort to that shit? Oh immaturity. I get it.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2005, 04:29:01 pm »
oops, almost forgot --- ;)

bit of an exaggeration with \'whenever i make a comment.... blah blah blah\' ill usually debate with ya leith, but its just so easy to push your buttons sometimes and i actually have a lot of fun doing it. nothing personal, just good entertainment.

btw, your \'good\' point sucks. hes playing the toughest position in any sport and what he did was put his team in a very good spot to win. you suck leith. thats right, you.