Author Topic: The Timmy Palmieri Fund  (Read 6965 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2005, 02:58:56 pm »
I know a lot of us are broke or have very little extra money to give away.

The best thing I can think of and this will effect the entire band, is to promote relentlessly for every show. If shows begin to be sold out, they will make more money in due time.

I came to the conclusion last evening, as this was reconfirmed in my own head, that the Breakfast is the BEST BAND IN THE COUNTRY, IF NOT THE WORLD. I really mean this. I was so impressed during Hard Luck Harry, that I would have head-butted the first person who told me otherwise.

With that being said, it is now time to take the promotion of this band up a notch, especially outside of CT and most of the northeast.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2005, 03:02:13 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
I was so impressed during Hard Luck Harry, that I would have head-butted the first person who told me otherwise.

Man, you were itchin\' to head butt someone yesterday.  Too bad someone didn\'t point out that dude in the Hawaiian shirt that was annoying everyone.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2005, 03:11:49 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens
I was so impressed during Hard Luck Harry, that I would have head-butted the first person who told me otherwise.

Man, you were itchin\' to head butt someone yesterday.  Too bad someone didn\'t point out that dude in the Hawaiian shirt that was annoying everyone.

I would have loved to headbutt that dude.

Is he a member of this board? Probably not, because one of us would have known. I am sort of upset that no head butting took place.

However, here is my new proposal, an acoustic Buquebus or Rufus this Friday and watch out!

Back to the thread at hand;

Ser Cut Me Some Slack last night. I can\'t wait for the release of the video and/or recording. All of the jams into other songs were tight and flawless.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2005, 03:19:27 pm »

dudes in hawaiian shirts=no good.
seriously though,heres what i came up with,a few autographed,framed pics of timmy and the boys,and ill talk to aruny about drawing a limited edition piece of heady art that can also be autographed by the band.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

ChrisF

The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2005, 03:22:44 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht

dudes in hawaiian shirts=no good.
seriously though,heres what i came up with,a few autographed,framed pics of timmy and the boys,and ill talk to aruny about drawing a limited edition piece of heady art that can also be autographed by the band.

how about a signed copy of the sully\'s dvd? if someone wants to make artwork for the cover and disc labels and send it to me as an adobe illustrator file that would be a good prize and would help sell a lot more tickets.

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2005, 03:25:09 pm »
i like fitzy\'s idea.
Postcount +1.

davepeck

• Administrator
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2005, 03:36:02 pm »
here\'s my problem..

i think this is really cute that you guys wanna come together so timmy could replace his guitar.. but tell me - where\'s the fund to raise money for the van that the band lost in an accident 2 months ago? right now, the band doesn\'t even have a vehicle to get from show to show in, because it was (more or less) destroyed in an accident. where are the raffle tickets for that??

i\'m sorry, but to me, that sure as hell sounds like a better idea than trying to replace something that tim lost due to his own stupidity. last time i checked, tim had another guitar.. i think he may have even played it last night.

i seriously think this band would be much better off if a lot of people stepped back and hopped off tim\'s dick for a minute, and maybe hopped onto the band\'s collective dick for once.

i\'d apologize for the rant, but i\'m not sorry. flame away.

bryank

• South Dakota represent!
    • http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/pbrband
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2005, 03:39:57 pm »
what amp did he have stolen? I have an amp that I\'m pretty sure Tim would love to get his hands on....Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ 60/100 watt Simul Class Head and a 2x12 rectifier cabinet.  Not the best for touring though as the cabinet will bring your gas mileage down at least 2mpg.  I know he plays a Mark IV combo.  The only thing is that I cant donate it or sell it unless the bid price comes in over $1500....for the head alone.

what amp did he have stolen? It could have been his Mesa Mark IV since he didnt have it at 10klf.  I have an amp that I\'m pretty sure Tim would love to get his hands on....Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ 60/100 watt Simul Class Head and a 2x12 rectifier cabinet.  Not the best for touring though as the cabinet will bring your gas mileage down at least 2mpg.  I know he plays a Mark IV combo.  The only thing is that I cant donate it or sell it unless the bid price comes in over $1500....for the head alone.

Whathefunk

The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2005, 03:41:54 pm »
Raffle=def way to go with this.

I will be willing to do my part and try to make it to another TT show (like i really need an excuse) and bring all the tip money i can.

Quote from: freddiewaht
ill talk to aruny about drawing a limited edition piece of heady art that can also be autographed by the band.

great idea...i saw john\'s famjam painting yesterday and it was amazing!  would def be willing to spend 20ish bucks on a signed limited edition aruny original commemorating (sp?) these upcoming preconfirmed epic events.

edit: guess i shoulda waited a minute to put in my fiddy cents....much truth to the rant dpeck
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 03:43:56 pm by Whathefunk »

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2005, 03:48:28 pm »
Quote from: davepeck
here\'s my problem..

i think this is really cute that you guys wanna come together so timmy could replace his guitar.. but tell me - where\'s the fund to raise money for the van that the band lost in an accident 2 months ago? right now, the band doesn\'t even have a vehicle to get from show to show in, because it was (more or less) destroyed in an accident. where are the raffle tickets for that??

i\'m sorry, but to me, that sure as hell sounds like a better idea than trying to replace something that tim lost due to his own stupidity. last time i checked, tim had another guitar.. i think he may have even played it last night.

i seriously think this band would be much better off if a lot of people stepped back and hopped off tim\'s dick for a minute, and maybe hopped onto the band\'s collective dick for once.

tell me your kidding me right now....
last time i checked,tailgating behind a vehicle and crashing into a pole is pretty stupid too.
get off timmys dick?
tell me your kidding me right now...

i\'d apologize for the rant, but i\'m not sorry. flame away.

kyndkate

• Vicious.
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2005, 03:50:40 pm »
Dave, well said - I agree wholeheartedly. They can do without a guitar, but they can\'t do without transportation, especially with talk of a Midwest tour. Let\'s not stop brainstorming for ways to put some money into the band\'s pocket, but maybe rethink who it goes to.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2005, 03:56:02 pm »
i think we have a better chance comin up with 1000 dollars than we have coming up with 10000+dollars.
ill still blown outta the water by the whole get off tpalms dick line.
my mind=blown

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2005, 03:58:53 pm »
I know a lot of us are broke or have very little extra money to give away.

The best thing I can think of and this will effect the entire band, is to promote relentlessly for every show. If shows begin to be sold out, they will make more money in due time.

I came to the conclusion last evening, as this was reconfirmed in my own head, that the Breakfast is the BEST BAND IN THE COUNTRY, IF NOT THE WORLD. I really mean this. I was so impressed during Hard Luck Harry, that I would have head-butted the first person who told me otherwise.

With that being said, it is now time to take the promotion of this band up a notch, especially outside of CT and most of the northeast.

Promote!
------------------------------
Van + Trailer = 30 grand at least!  Ok boys, hop on it, lets go get this money!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 04:03:05 pm by Ant-Man »
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

Mamalakabubadaya

The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2005, 04:01:49 pm »
i definitely agree.
we should definitely keep these ideas at hand for the puppet house/future shows and give the money to the entire BAND for whatever use they need it. they make little money as it is after driving to a gig, staying wherever, etc.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
The Timmy Palmieri Fund
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2005, 04:03:05 pm »
the band also makes about 1000+bucks per gig.