Author Topic: 60 years - 1945 Atomic bomb is dropped on Hiroshima  (Read 4443 times)

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
60 years - 1945 Atomic bomb is dropped on Hiroshima
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2005, 12:50:17 pm »
kind of off the subject but not really. i got the day off from work because RI still celebrates VJ Day= Victory Over Japan.
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2005, 12:54:06 pm »
Quote from: derickw
kind of off the subject but not really. i got the day off from work because RI still celebrates VJ Day= Victory Over Japan.

You Bastard!
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2005, 02:20:23 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens
About 6,000 people, including hundreds of aging bomb survivors, crowded into Nagasaki\'s Peace Memorial Park, just a few hundred yards from the center of the blast, for a solemn remembrance and moment of silence.

Nagasaki Mayor Iccho Itoh then had some angry words for the leaders of the nuclear powers, and especially the United States.

\'\'We understand your anger and anxiety over the memories of the horror of the 9/11 terrorist attacks,\'\' he said. \'\'Yet, is your security enhanced by your government\'s policies of maintaining 10,000 nuclear weapons, of carrying out repeated sub-critical nuclear tests, and of pursuing the development of new \'mini\' nuclear weapons?\'\'

violence just leads to more violence and everyone worrying about whose stick is bigger. just get rid of them all and make a statement for peace. I think we have enough of everything else to blow the shit out of any aggressors.

Quote from: Spacey

You Bastard!

I would figure the people who actually have jobs would be more upset.
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2005, 03:26:59 pm »
About 6,000 people, including hundreds of aging bomb survivors, crowded into Nagasaki\'s Peace Memorial Park, just a few hundred yards from the center of the blast, for a solemn remembrance and moment of silence.

Nagasaki Mayor Iccho Itoh then had some angry words for the leaders of the nuclear powers, and especially the United States.

\'\'We understand your anger and anxiety over the memories of the horror of the 9/11 terrorist attacks,\'\' he said. \'\'Yet, is your security enhanced by your government\'s policies of maintaining 10,000 nuclear weapons, of carrying out repeated sub-critical nuclear tests, and of pursuing the development of new \'mini\' nuclear weapons?\'\'

violence just leads to more violence and everyone worrying about whose stick is bigger. just get rid of them all and make a statement for peace. I think we have enough of everything else to blow the shit out of any aggressors.

You Bastard!

me too, but I guess I am the only one outraged by this. So, have you worked the last two days?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2005, 06:42:28 pm »

You Bastard!

me too, but I guess I am the only one outraged by this. So, have you worked the last two days?

i have.....both of my jobs!