Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-08-04 - Captain Nick\'s; Block Island, RI  (Read 7791 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2005-08-04 - Captain Nick\'s; Block Island, RI
« on: August 05, 2005, 04:13:42 pm »
I: Inner Glimpse, jam > No Regret, jam > Cut Me Some Slack > Dig > Cut Me Some Slack, Family Affair* > Beef Barley, Tribal Funk Affliction**

II: jam > Sleeping Beauty, Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Life\'s Been Good^, Doughboy, Escher\'s Etchings > Attraction To Shade Ditty > Escher\'s Etchings, Shakedown Street > Wild Pack Of Asscracks

* Sly & The Family Stone cover; first time played.
** with \'Working Man\' (Rush) tease.
^ Joe Walsh cover; first time played.

Thanks to Spacey for the setlist!

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 04:16:39 pm »
Recorded?
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 04:18:31 pm »
Life\'s Been Good = Joe Walsh, not Joe Cocker
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 04:36:17 pm »
No recording, thanks for the clarification Drew, always get those messed up.

As for the show. A great group of .infoers represented.

Best Breakfast show to date, partially due to the no-recorded performance. I feel sorry for all those who had to miss this show, it was fire. Beef Barley best to date, you could tell when they were in Family Affair that Barley was coming and it came funky. Ser Barley but even the heady Barley was no match for the 1st set closer, TFA. TFA was a monster, well played and jammed out.

Ser Sleeping Beauty to open the 2nd set, I have been waiting since the Webster to see this song. It was well worth the wait, the jam into the song was ferocious! 10 minute GBFBITS, which sounded like it was going to own the 2nd set, then they played Life\'s Been Good (Walsh called this song at P&S\'s house prior to us departing for BI). Excellent. This is when the PME started to come out fearless. Doughboy, routine but rocking. Escher\'s sandwich was insane, excellent work. I believe it was either Lit, the opening part of the song with no vocals or it was Attraction to Shade Ditty. I was outside having a but and no really paying attention, I was transfixed on the 1st PME victim of the night (her BF had to pull her out of the venue by the elbow, more of the story to come). Then came a Shakedown that torn the place down. Everyone was dancin\' at this point, EVERYONE! The jam out of Shakedown into WPOAC was beyond SER, it was out of this world, for this song only, I wish someone taped this show. WPOAC short and sweet right to the point. No encore, they probably could have played another song or 2.

As my head clears, I will post more details from the entire weekend.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 05:03:44 pm »
i have missed so much this week that i feel like i havent seen the band in a year. i cant wait for the family jam.

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 05:04:57 pm »
sounds kick-ass! it\'s gonna suck not being able to hear this show, oh well. it\'s always the best show when you can\'t prove it!
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 05:05:15 pm »
How many .inforumers were there?  Did they gather a decent crowd of locals and vacationers?  

Any comments on an after party?

I can\'t wait to hear more stories (especially the PME tale).
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 05:24:02 pm »
I would love to hear them play Family Affair... I believe I may have heard a Sly and the Family Stone song once at a Diesel Exp., but I could be imagining that.
Masturbation in the MFA

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 06:39:51 pm »
wooowww can\'t say much right now because i\'m still completely blown away from last night\'s show and my brain is in tough shape today

i agree w/ spacey 100%, this was probably the best breakfast show i have ever seen. somewhat of a doozie but it didn\'t even matter. i can\'t believe this show was not taped :( !!!

ridiculous covers..i asked ron to play shakedown before the show and he said he hated the song, then after they played it he told me that he was lying. unbelieveable joe walsh cover. i fuckin love that song and people in the venue (aside from just the .infoers) were loving it. sly and the family stone=some sick shit.

tribal, cmss, sleeping beauty, eschers, wpoac were all incredible. the boys were on top of their game.

insane late night festivities that included track races on the beach between myself, tpalms, dobs, animal and the crowned winner, ellisd-greg (ladies he\'s hot)..something having to do with a fire extinguisher (sp?) and tim palmieri, um gabe (buquebus) got kicked out of the hotel this morning because he fell asleep in the hallway. there was also this really tall annoying loud guy with a hat on who tried to steal my cigarettes..had an awesome time hanging out w/ everyone elissa, spacey, todd, walsh, p+s, gencs-if you ever try to set me up with one of your friends again i will rip your balls off and feed them to you, i am not an object. anyway, great night, hope to do it again soon.

Whathefunk

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2005, 08:02:53 pm »
Quote from: ChrisF
i have missed so much this week that i feel like i havent seen the band in a year. i cant wait for the family jam.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2005, 10:03:16 am »
the only comment I have on the after party is this;

We have been banned from 2 hotels and told never to come back. Todd may have to delve deeper into this story. We were charged an extra $100 per room. 6 rooms had to be comp\'d because no one got sleep.

The PME story must be told by Walsh/Gencs to get the true feeling of what happened.

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2005, 11:26:52 am »
What??^^^^  I am glad we hit up the early boat then.  WOW!!!  OUT OF CONTROL!!!  

The jam outta Shakedown was something that I am never going to forget...it got very primal...I am pretty sure it was a "Lit" jam.  What a week and Sunday still to come...what was the 2nd hotel that banned everyone?  Across the street?
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2005, 11:32:15 am »
the one we chilled on the porch at.

pics in the gallery, PME victim there.

PME story to come

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2005, 03:40:15 pm »
WOW...I guess it was Attraction...i could have sworn it was a "Lit" jam...I guess beer and things have an effect on the memory?  Who\'d have thunk it?  

Thankyou to the band and everyone there over the last two days for making this one of the most fun runs I have ever had with the Breakfast.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2005, 03:42:05 pm »
damn, I really wish there was a recording for this show.