Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-08-03 - Rocks Off Boat Cruise; New York, NY  (Read 16799 times)

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Setlist: 2005-08-03 - Rocks Off Boat Cruise; New York, NY
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2005, 08:35:26 am »
Quote from: dawgmusic
Quote from: Me!
Also the name of the song is "I\'m your Captain" not "Closer to Home"  that\'s just the corus.  

"I\'m your captain, i\'m your captain,
Although i\'m feeling mighty sick.
Everybody, listen to me,
And return me, my ship."

makes for an apropriate tune for a boat though eh?

someone\'s calling my name....

such a good song....glad to hear they covered it

and what\' up with all the drug references lately?  it\'s almost like people are bragging about them...not cool
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Whineberg

• http://
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2005, 01:21:17 pm »
I was looking for Help On The Way>The Ocean>Love Lake, but who listens to me?? The second set was great, and Dobz is right about the Mooboo\'s, one of the best. I\'m ready for Sunday.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2005, 02:27:45 pm »
Quote from: weekapaug19
Quote from: dawgmusic
Quote from: Me!
Also the name of the song is "I\'m your Captain" not "Closer to Home"  that\'s just the corus.  

"I\'m your captain, i\'m your captain,
Although i\'m feeling mighty sick.
Everybody, listen to me,
And return me, my ship."

makes for an apropriate tune for a boat though eh?

someone\'s calling my name....

such a good song....glad to hear they covered it

and what\' up with all the drug references lately?  it\'s almost like people are bragging about them...not cool

what drug refrences? eh?
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2005, 02:34:38 pm »
id have to agree with some fellow .infoers here that the 2nd set was really something special, tgsof, and mooboos were sweet especially since I believe it was the first time Id seen them both played live, but dont know for sure gonna have to check my bfast show stats.

also with all the hype surrounding this particular show it was somewhat dissappointing, however maybe I was expecting too much since the last time I saw them was beardslee way back in May.  however it must be hard to play with the boat rocking back and forth and it sure was doing just that, especially since I only had a few beers and someone gave me a mix drink so I cant complain. I got to see the Breakfast play live once again, take in the spectualr views from atop, overall a solid show, def. not one of their best this summer but I was expecting them to walk on water or something to that effect.  good times were def had by all in attendence.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2005, 03:00:49 pm »
interesting set of mixed reviews..

either way that setlist looks phenomenal. waiting to hear something specific about the music though?? didnt anyone have any jaw-dropping moments in an unexpected (meaning not ep.2 or tgsot) jam? how was mayfly? i dont know, i guess the views must have been that good. still havent heard from spacey or gencs, they should add some flava flaaav.

rujah-- you dont know if youve ever seen an ep.2 or tgsot? are you ser guy?!
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2005, 03:36:43 pm »
yeah i dont think i have since. if i did it must of been so ser it melted my brain cells.  

are you ser??

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2005, 03:49:56 pm »
Ser show on the boat. Just got back from the 2 day "Boating with The Breakfast" leg of the August mini-tour. Wasn\'t sure how they could top this performance but it was only a warm up for Block Island.

Once my head clears, I will get into detail as to what unfolded over the last few days.

Ser indeed.

great PME story from last night, I will wait till the setlist is posted.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2005, 05:59:44 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
great PME story from last night, I will wait till the setlist is posted.

the setlist has been posted.  nice to meet my man spacey finally, altho i think ive seen you at previous breakfast outings. anyways cant wait to hear the PME elbows story

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2005, 07:09:55 pm »
i don\'t know what you kids are talking about, that show was awesome

as for the boat ride, i will admit that at first i honestly thought i was getting sea sick and i am not usually one who gets motion sickness or anything like that, but as the boat started moving it was a nice ride. beautiful cruise through nyc, statue of liberty/ellis island..i felt like i was on the voyage of the mimi or something

Quote from: brad420
u were prolly high off ur ass 2 bro

wooohooo brad yeah 420 get high get crunked..420 RuLeZ 4LyFe

i was a little bit nervous about getting on the boat because i\'m not yet 21 (but have an ID) but it was all good and there was a crowd of like 16-17 year old boys or something (brad420)..pretty hilarious how easy it was to get on this boat, anyone who hasn\'t been on one of these cruises definitely check it out when you can

brad420

• YA!!!
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2005, 10:00:04 pm »
haha.. ya that was me and my friends.. good times we had..  wasnt carded to get on but i was carded at the bar.. fake never lets me down thou.. and btw, it was a great show, it was a kick ass show. ya breakfast

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2005, 09:44:04 am »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya
wooohooo brad yeah 420 get high get crunked..420 RuLeZ 4LyFe

:lol:

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2005, 10:29:07 am »
Great to meet Rujah and to see Oldnewbie on the boat. Who I offically met at Timmy Tour the night before, along with Jocelyn for the 1st time.

.info is filled with great people.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2005, 10:44:17 am »
Pictures from the evening going up? anyone?
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2005, 01:43:44 am »
I hate to say this, but listen to the recording of this show, forget all the shit that surrounds it, the fact that it was on a boat, and that it was in NYC, and all that other crap, and then listen to just about any other show from 05 and I think that most of you will realize that this show did not reach the heights most of us thought it would.  THe setlist is phenomenal BUT the musicianship is not there in almost every song that we have grown accustomed to in the last 6-8 months.  I may be in the minority here, but thats just how i feel. IF you want to hear the FIRE, check out the Nugroove set.  IF your bored compare the two and then tell us what you really think of the this set.

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2005, 01:45:41 am »
BTW, that was me who posted that last response, not Klout, just forget to log him off
The lights from Ellis showed a mischevious sparkle
That flashed in his hollowed eye stare...