Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-08-03 - Rocks Off Boat Cruise; New York, NY  (Read 16785 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2005-08-03 - Rocks Off Boat Cruise; New York, NY
« on: August 03, 2005, 11:09:59 pm »
Set I: vocal jam > Superfly Phaddy Fat* > May Fly Disarray, Fresh Cut, jam > Sundance, LDZ > Cosmic Spaceway Rhyme, Hard Luck Harry > Question**

Set II: jam > What The Funk, The Grand Scheme Of Things > Score, Fairy > Loose Lucy^ > Mooboo's Voodoo (Episode 2) > jam > Closer To Home^^ > No Glove No Love

* Tim & Jordan lose power, stopped and started back up.
** Moody Blues cover; first time played.
^ Grateful Dead cover; first time played.
^^ Grand Funk Railroad cover; first time played.

Thanks to helluvahat for the setlist!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 11:36:41 am by simpletwistupdon »

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 11:42:00 pm »
looks pretty ser! I wish i could have been there. :(

3 new covers? possibly a hint for what might go down at the puppet house?

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 11:43:43 pm »
Already?! Damn!

Cosmic...would have loved to have heard that one. Maybe the boatcrashers will wander over to the boards tomorrow when they get their hangovers under control... :)

Loose Lucy is a great tune. Taped?
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 11:47:40 pm »
just got back helluva good time. meet a few .infoers. Spacey. as always a couple regulars... see ya at moe.down.

all in all good have been longer but will have some more to say hopefully once I get back home. got some  nice pics. cant beat a tgsot and a eppy 2 int eh same show so...

kate-- wish you good of been there
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

ChrisF

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 11:48:53 pm »
mike and jason were supposed to tape this. hope everything worked out for them. i cant wait to hear it.

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 11:49:53 pm »
Quote from: ChrisF
looks pretty ser! I wish i could have been there. :(

3 new covers? possibly a hint for what might go down at the puppet house?

like what?????????????

hopefully all goes well and either I can catch a ride or go by myself to these puppet house shows.  i mean my bday is the 20th and last yr was sweet got to see them play in the rain triping my face off so... hopefully it doesnt rain and i dont take so amany shrooms this time. we shall see. peace im going to bed
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

ChrisF

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 11:59:01 pm »
you have shrooms for puppethouse?

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 04:45:53 am »
those are some random covers. It could mean that those are part of the albums that they will be covering... But, if they have anything to do with the puppethouse, it could go either way - maybe they learned some random material, decided the album wasnt good enough and scrapped it, but the 1 song sounded good, thus this preformance. I\'d keep an eye out on timmy tour for new material as another clue.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 06:37:28 am »
I know at least Question has been a Timmy Tour tune for a while, and I\'m kicking myself for missing the full band debut.  I highly doubt any of those tunes have anything to do w/ the albums they\'re coverring, probably just special debuts for the cruise.

ChrisF

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2005, 08:42:01 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa
those are some random covers. It could mean that those are part of the albums that they will be covering... But, if they have anything to do with the puppethouse, it could go either way - maybe they learned some random material, decided the album wasnt good enough and scrapped it, but the 1 song sounded good, thus this preformance. I\'d keep an eye out on timmy tour for new material as another clue.

i dont think they would cover grand funk or the dead at the puppet house, but anything is possible. tim has been playing question since december, but it is somewhat of a rarity on timmy tour. i find it strange that breakfast is covering it. i think i would pick moody blues as being in the top 5 of bands that they would most likely cover at the puppet house. they may have been testing out this song to see how the crowd reacted to help them make a final decision for the puppet house.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 08:45:49 am by ChrisF »

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2005, 09:08:53 am »
ughhhhh.................what a painful, PAINFUL, setlist to read
*Gia*

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2005, 09:14:38 am »
Quote from: bezerker
ughhhhh.................what a painful, PAINFUL, setlist to read

:that:

just got this email from our newest member (welcome aboard, Brad!).. now this is what i like to hear:

Tonight, 8/4 was my first time at a breakfast show, and I have never enjoyed 3 hours of teriffic music more in my life. Tim, Adrian, Ron, and Jordan played an amazing show. thank you. By the way, I was the kid rocking out in the front. thanks again

peace

Brad

:thumbsup:

medusanyc

• break-freak
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2005, 09:25:31 am »
The second set was way SER!!!!!!   Super groove set!!!!  Definately hardly remember the power outage in the first set.

SUPERB!!!!!!!!!

OMS

• Egg-Head
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2005, 09:37:26 am »
Great great show, the whole expeirence was surreal, seing bfast while on a boat, looking outside and seeing the statue of liberty.  Yeah the second set was incredible, non-stop dancing, awesome show as usual, see you next time

medusanyc

• break-freak
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2005, 09:45:50 am »
Brad,  It was cool to meet ya and share a little smoke together til our "friend" came by to break up the fun ;)

Andy