Author Topic: Setlist: 7-27-05 Solo Timmy @ Richters  (Read 4563 times)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
Setlist: 7-27-05 Solo Timmy @ Richters
« on: July 31, 2005, 10:39:19 pm »
Sorry for the delay.....

1: On The Road Again, Working Class Hero, Shake For Me, Bell Bottom Blues, Legalize It, Every Night > I Wanna Get High > Dirty Love, You Dont Know How It Feels, Blowing In The Wind, Question Mark And The Mind, Are You Experienced > Give Me Some Truth, Episode 1 (Happy) > Ooh Child > Hard Luck Harry Outro > Episode 1 (Happy), LA Woman

2: Could This Be Magic(1), Shit(2), Play With Fire, Hide Your Love Away, Down On The Corner, Cities > Love Lake(3), Cocaine(4) > Cold Turkey(4) > Take It All(4)

E: With A Little Help From My Friends(5)

E2: Undone (The Sweater Song)(6)

1 - w/ Ep. 1 Tease
2 - This was labled Richters Jam #1.  A sick and unbelieveable improvisation that Tim later said was called "shit" because there was no real reaction from the crowd... What a modest fucker....Listen to the track and judge for yourselves
3 - SER Love Lake!
4 - w/ Adrian on Djembe
5 - w/ Adrian on Djembe and Sean Miller and Ian Schumacher on vocals
6 - "We\'re all gettin arrested" jam

This was a great night on Timmy Tour....Bezerker and SallyAlli were down again and this time they weren\'t planning on leaving anytime soon....Well Bezerker was in for the long haul.....Got to meet Delfunk1 and FunkyDrummer from the board.....

My highlights from this show:

Shake For Me
Dirty Love
Experienced>Truth (SERNESS)
Ep. 1>OohChild>HLH>EP. 1 (If you only listen to one wich from this show, make sure its the Ep. 1 one)
Richters Jam #1 or "Shit" (TPalms improv at its finest)
Gencswich "Cocaine>Cold Turkey>Take It All" (There was a Death Metal Freebird before take it all, but TPalms obviously exercised his artistic licence, but SER nonetheless"

Musically TPalms playing is at the best I have ever seen in is solo acoustic run.  The flavor he adds to the covers that we pretty much see all the time, keeps the songs fresh and I could listen to most of these tunes every week.... The jams that he adds to songs, be it original or cover, are always changing and progressing from the last version played. And the improv jams that he will bust into from time to time just brings overwhelming joy to my soul.  

TPalms singing is better than ever as well..  I remember when this kid had no idea how to sing...now he is moving me to tears at time (listen to the Take It All from the above show).  

Although the solo Timmy shows are so crowd interactive, Timmy has also become pretty adept at putting setlists and segwiches together as well.  He does seem to keep to pretty much a standard rotation of tunes, but like I mentioned before, the playing of these tunes are always fresh and innovative.
He has also matured and keeps learning how to keep his audience with him through an entire show.  One trick he loves to go to is the "Lets play the song that \'so and so\' loves right when they go outside to smoke".  I have fell prey to this one quite a bit....

Late night was a rager....with no neighbor next door a blast was had......4am Low End Theory bust out dance party.....Ser Cheese and heady beers (Thanks Princess and Moebass)....

Timmy Tour continues on Tuesday....this tuesday 8/2/05 at Martini\'s in Orange, CT...This will be the last Timmy Tour show at Martini\'s...  Try your best to stop by for this one.  I know the boat cruise and Block island follow it directly...but lets not make the last show at this spot a doozie....I am still in my apt and will probably be till the end of august so any Timmy Tour travellers have a place to stay if need be....

Timmy Tour For Fun
Timmy Tour For Love
Timmy Tour For Life
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 10:52:59 pm »
well done,

better late then never
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 10:54:31 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs

Timmy Tour For Fun
Timmy Tour For Love
Timmy Tour For Life

now thats a motto to live by...

great great time at richters on wednesday night... had an old friend come by for a little bit during the show and she was floored by timmy! i\'m in the process of making her some CDs as we speak...  spreadin the breakfast any way i can!!

second set was full of energy, love lake was unreal!!! the singalong to a little help from my friends was so full of love, i almost, ALMOST shed a tear....

good times for sure at latenight... raging party, no sleep, complete delerium at work the next day-- standard timmy afterparty if i may say so ;)

martinis!!! im there ;)
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2005, 10:58:03 pm »
hell yeah......... wed. - sat. = some of the best 3 days EVER..... thanks gencs and of course the wonderful musicians
*Gia*

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2005, 11:03:31 pm »
Timmy Tour For Fun
Timmy Tour For Love
Timmy Tour For Life

is it better on a t-shirt or a bumper sticker?

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2005, 11:08:10 pm »
i could probably make a ser shirt outta that logo
*Gia*

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2005, 11:22:01 pm »
Quote from: bezerker
i could probably make a ser shirt outta that logo

I have said it over a million times in the past 3+ days and I \'ll say it again...."Bezerker, you are the fucking man"
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 12:01:35 am »
Great review, Gencs.

I really think that one day Gordo and I are going to kidnap each other and drive the whole friggin\' way to CT just for one blissful taste of the phenomenon that is Timmy Tour. We might take you up on the lodging offer, G ;)
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 12:06:42 am »
Well Kate...I may not be able to accomodate you guys....  I was supposed to move out of my place this weekend, but I had a bezerker on my couch and absolutely NO motivation to make the last ditch quick move.....so I am planning to ride it out till the end of august......

Word on the street is that the new home of late night Wednesdays is fully operational and ready to go...

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2005, 12:08:44 am »

Word on the street is that the new home of late night Wednesdays is fully operational and ready to go...

which is .............. ? !
*Gia*

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005, 12:10:52 am »
You\'re all good people - I know for a fact that we wouldn\'t have a problem finding a place to stay, and that is a rare, beautiful thing. Y\'all are awesome.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005, 12:11:09 am »
Quote from: bezerker

which is .............. ? !

I am not at liberty to discuss that at this point and time....

but its much closer to Richters than the pad in milford...

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2005, 12:13:19 am »
so it has been approved?

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2005, 12:14:21 am »
Was this one taped, or no? I know tonight\'s wasn\'t.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2005, 12:14:56 am »
Quote from: Spacey
so it has been approved?

i am not affiliated with the new spot.....

my place will most likely be available for the rest of august, just incase the new spot has any initial problems or issues...