Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-07-22 - 10,000 Lakes Festival; Detroit Lakes, MN  (Read 24263 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Setlist: 2005-07-22 - 10,000 Lakes Festival; Detroit Lakes, MN
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2005, 01:01:54 pm »
any known tapers for this show?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2005, 02:43:40 pm »
def a ser performance hear. glad to hear some 600 hundred or so showed up to support the guys.  wish I could of been there, cant wait to hear some reviews from those who were in attendence at this festival.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 05:13:54 pm by Rujah »
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2005, 02:51:49 pm »
come again?
Postcount +1.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2005, 02:57:56 pm »
Chris and his "throng" wearin\' wife, have a son

rujah, what year are you in your journalism program?

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2005, 03:26:54 pm »
So who may have actually attended the show from .info?  My best guess would be Me, Audiofile and Bryank exclusively.  I guess we\'ll have to wait till one of them makes his way to a computer terminal (unless someone can convince TMN8R/Sequoia to make a rare show review posting).

Do wooks generally bring money for merch. at festivals or do they have a tendency to spend it all on beer, pharmies, nugs?  

I hope that this show makes it\'s way to archive.org in the future (assuming it was taped).  Attendance of 600 is about as good as a show gets for the Breakfast.  I would love to see a streaming video of this show right now for my birthday present.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2005, 05:16:25 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens
Chris and his "throng" wearin\' wife, have a son

rujah, what year are you in your journalism program?

wow. i guess my parents were right when they said Im stupid and Id amount to nothing.  but yeah Im only in my second year in the journalism program, why? do you go to school slimpickens? what for?

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2005, 05:34:19 pm »
i\'m just havin\' a little fun with ya Rujah.  please accept my most humble apology.

as for the schooling thing.  many moons ago I received an undergraduate degree in binge drinking from UConn.

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2005, 05:42:22 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens
i\'m just havin\' a little fun with ya Rujah.  please accept my most humble apology.

as for the schooling thing.  many moons ago I received an undergraduate degree in binge drinking from UConn.

no worries man. i honestly thought they had a baby girl, and when I saw the child running around with wavy blonde hair I assumed she was but i forgot they were rock stars. anyways kind of disappointed me when they left immediately after their 45 min set. i thought they might actually play a couple tunes with PEtty, but I guess their just in it for hte money

travis

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2005, 07:28:02 pm »
I was in attendence for this show.  BryanK dragged me down there.  I\'m not going to give an in-depth review of the show since I\'m not the biggest fan but it did rage.  I was in the front row with a few friends and we all woke up sore the next day.  

To answer some questions in the thread:

-I\'m not sure how many people were there but 600 seems a bit high.

-There was one taper in attendence.

-The last song was unfinished because security made them stop playing.  I\'m guessing they passed the curfew.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2005, 07:33:00 pm »
Quote from: travis

-The last song was unfinished because security made them stop playing.  I\'m guessing they passed the curfew.

very, very  weak.......... taboo\'s not even that long
*Gia*

bryank

• South Dakota represent!
    • http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/pbrband
10,000 Lakes Festival
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2005, 07:33:50 pm »
Great Show!.....had a chance to talk to the guys a bit.  I guess there isnt a very good chance of them coming to South Dakota.  The show was great and I look forward to seeing them again.  Sounds like Chicago is the closet they will get.  I think that Minneapolis, MN should get added to the roster.  I will post photos soon.

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2005, 07:44:32 pm »
They\'d better make it to Lafayette, because I will personally see that the place gets sold out.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

bryank

• South Dakota represent!
    • http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/pbrband
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2005, 08:03:55 pm »
Quote from:

as Travis started saying....the show was amazing....I\'m not sure to the # in attendance as we were up front.  Also not sure on how long they played but a longer set would have been great.  I dont think there were any sitins.  I know for sure that no one played with Trey or Claypool.  

This was a crazy set and I hope the taper makes this available soon.  I\'ll keep my eyes open.  You guys missed a great show and a great weekend of music.  A got a few pictures that I\'ll get up here soon.  See you there next year?

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2005, 08:13:40 pm »
Quote from: bryank
Quote from:

You guys missed a great show and a great weekend of music.  A got a few pictures that I\'ll get up here soon.  See you there next year?

thanks for lettin me know.........i was hopin to make this one, but not so much.  glad to hear you had a good time
*Gia*

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2005, 09:23:42 pm »
Quote from: bryank
Quote from:

....the show was amazing....

I hope your sentiments were shared by the crowd at-large.

Since there aren\'t too many opportunities for a South Dakota boy to see The Breakfast, I\'m glad you had such a great time.  Did you know most of the songs they played?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex