Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-07-22 - 10,000 Lakes Festival; Detroit Lakes, MN  (Read 24261 times)

shadygroove

• Local Bohemean
Setlist: 2005-07-22 - 10,000 Lakes Festival; Detroit Lakes, MN
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2005, 10:57:23 am »
That makes yet another reason for the guys to tour through Iowa... If TB was to make a run this fall is there a chance that there would be a good number of followers?
Plant yourself in the minds of others so you may grow in them as you do yourself.

ScottT

« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2005, 04:08:05 pm »
I\'m glad to hear that my recording is getting some play!  I recently uploaded the Particle and Perpetual Groove sets from 10KLF to the Archive but they\'re still processing.  My rig sounds much better outdoors and with a (borrowed) pre-amp.  Check \'em out if you get a chance.

I\'d love to have The Breakfast stop in Saint Louis on their fall tour.  I suppose Iowa City and Chicago aren\'t that far (in midwest terms - not sure how you East Coasters classify "close"), but maybe I can put in a good word with a friend who books for a club here.

FWIW, The Schwag is from Missouri and they play every Wednesday here in Saint Louis.  They\'ve been around for over 10 years and maintain a mailing list with 6000 names - that\'s a lot of potential new TB fans!  They recently purchased some land near Salem, MO (2 hours SW of STL) called Camp Zoe and use it to throw several Schwagstocks every year.  I haven\'t been down there yet but it\'s apparently quite a scene.  It\'s a really beautiful part of the state and their property has a number of swimming holes, rivers for floating, and nice hiking/camping spots.  A lot of my crew are heading down there this weekend for the Euphio Campout but I have to go to a wedding  :rolleyes:

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2005, 06:45:17 pm »
i actually saw the schawg at cicero\'s back in 98 when i was working out there. not great, not awful. but anytime there\'s a chance for the breakfast to get in front of new faces, i say Go For It!!!

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2005, 11:13:07 pm »
Any chance you think they\'d get a crowd in VA, jking?
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #154 on: August 05, 2005, 06:45:58 am »
jill and i were just discussing local venues for them last night. unfortunately there\'s not really a good, smaller place around here (their last trip to dc was a great show, but an unpleasant experience that they don\'t wish to repeat). the best bet around here would be the tuesday night gig at the state theatre in falls church. every tuesday they have nationally touring smaller jambands for cheap, which is a great way to see these "newer" bands, but the crowds are usually pretty scarce. weeknight and all. but beyond that, there\'s really not a decent place until you can fill a pretty good size room. its basically the state and the 9:30 club.  

as far as would folks like them, i bombed a bartender a couple weeks ago, and last night we went back for the first time, and he\'d burned a bunch of copies for friends and asked for more. so there\'s a possibility. but, as ron says, southerners like music slower than the breakfast plays. outside of this immediate area, i\'d say they should play alley katz (well, probably start at cary street cafe, then go to alley katz) in richmond. there\'s a decent amount of demographically correct folks in richmond, but i\'m not there to spread the word. a bunch of my friends are, but i wouldn\'t count on them to promote with the passion neccessary.

so the answer is, try to get an opening slot at the 9:30 club and play tuesday nights at the state.

i also think they should alternate sets with the bridge in baltimore (to get an automatic fanbase showing up). in fact, the bridge is having quite a string of great openers for the next couple months. not that the bridge is a phenomenal group, but they definitely have the fans.

ScottT

« Reply #155 on: August 05, 2005, 09:55:59 am »
Jambase.com has a really nice review of the festival.  They have this to say about TB:

The Breakfast played a rousing Fireman\'s Nightmare set. The long room that held the Saloon Stage was so crowded that people were hanging out of windows and standing on tables. It was an unbelievable sight as the band played numbers off of their new release Real Radio and threw in a few classic gems as well like "Buquebus" and "Rufus." They also played the Red Hot Chili Peppers\' song, "Sir Psycho Sexy." It was an amazing scene and a great way to end Day 2. "The crowd was very receptive. There were a lot of women, and we played a Chili Peppers song to complement that," cracked drummer Adrian Tramontano.

shadygroove

• Local Bohemean
« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2005, 12:31:35 pm »
The Schwag... Yeah, I agree, they’re a small Dead cover band from here in Iowa City

Oops, my goof. I had a quick chat with these guys earlier this year after a show in Iowa City and it came off like they were from town. I\'ll try not to place misleading or incorrect information in front of your eyes anymore.

Sounds like we\'re getting a lot of positive feedback for TB all over the states. I\'m ecstatic to hear so many great people out to help the band out.

Keep it up.
Plant yourself in the minds of others so you may grow in them as you do yourself.