Author Topic: Setlist: 7-21-05 The Smokin Boomers @ SBC Branford  (Read 2226 times)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
Setlist: 7-21-05 The Smokin Boomers @ SBC Branford
« on: July 22, 2005, 02:23:52 pm »
The Smokin Boomers Are: TPalms (Gibson SG), Adrian (Congo, Bongos, Bassdrum, Cymbal), Captain Sniffy The Jedi Miller (Mandolin/Vocals), Ian Kazoomacher (Taylor "Clean Hands" Acoustic/Vocals)

1: Southern Cross, Sweet Home Alabama, #41, Free Fallin(1), While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Me And Julio(2), Magic Carpet Ride, Touch Of Grey

2: Last Dance With Mary Jane(3), The Weight(4,5), Melissa, Bubbletoes(6,7), Laid, "You Wanna Try That Thing?" Jam > Not Fade Away > Casey Jones > Sneakin Sally Down The Alley(8) > Going Down The Road Feeling Bad, Black Water

3: Take The Money And Run, Blister In The Sun, Steal My Kisses, Stuck In The Middle With You, What I Got, Send Me On My Way, Stay (Wasting Time), Play That Funky Music, Stir It Up

E: Bertha(9)

1: played for Jen Unitis Birthday, The Grand Niece of Johnny Unitis
2: No Quarter teases by Tim and Adrian before starting Me and Julio
3: W/ Pete on Harmonica
4: In The Light teases throughout (TPalms)
5: Ser Fingertap Solo (TPalms)
6: "Panty Moistener Special"
7: Ser Drums solo
8: SER Jams even though Timmy had no idea what he was playing
9: Best Bertha EVER

Light crowd at SBC but a good night indeed.....

Best The Weight ever.  Seanie had a vocal and mando solo that even made Tim raise his eyebrows look at me and point over to Seanie as if to say, "damn that was ser"

"You Wanna Try That Thing" was Adrian to Timmy regarding the Segwich I submitted "Not Fade Away > Casey Jones > Sneakin Sally Down The Alley(8) > Going Down The Road Feeling Bad".  The transitions between songs was great and Casey Jones was a first time played along with Sneakin Sally.  The band was on another plane of jamming untill the owner/manager/general douchebag in the house put a note on Ians music stand saying "Can we get off the jam session now, please".  TPalms later said that he thought it was the best jamming the boomers have done.  With that being said, the Boomers decided to play as many quickie tunes as possible in the usually short 3rd set.

Though the sign wasnt in the house, Spacey noted 9 separate cases of moistened panties......
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
Setlist: 7-21-05 The Smokin Boomers @ SBC Branford
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 02:40:24 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs
Though the sign wasnt in the house, Spacey noted 9 separate cases of moistened panties......

make that 10.

RI sucks
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-