Author Topic: Reggie Funkin Wooten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1668 times)

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
Reggie Funkin Wooten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: July 18, 2005, 04:24:48 am »
Anyone heard this dude shred before? SER doesn\'t begin to describe the shit this guy can do to a guitar. His finger tapping skillz honestly make tpalms fingerbanging look completely amature. I love Timmys playing and style and he may have the potential to match ir but I have never seen him bust anything this insanely gnarly before. He just owned the guitar completely and did things to it I never even thought were posible and have never seen done before by anyone else. I knew he was real good because I have seen him in a victor video before but I didnt realize until today how unreal he actually is. He did about a 10 minute solo in the middle of a giant zepplin->jimi->james brown->jimi->Zepplin sandwich (forget all the tune names I will fill that in later)  that dropped every jaw and owned every face in attendance. Even beetle bob who disco danced on stage the entire festival was so stunned he couldnt dance or even move for that matter while reggie was ripping it. He\'s not just vitruoso technical either. Foul levels of soul, tastefullness etc as well. The best part of the whole thing was that for the first 20-25 minutes of the show he was jsut standing still  not moving  or dancing at all and hardly even playing, pretty much couldnt even hear him and I was honestly wondering what the hell was going on with him. The rest of the band was rocking and dancing and it looked like reggie wasnt even feeling it and didnt even want to be there.....then out of nowhere they turn the spotlight over to him and he busts all these insane covers out, which he sung all of as well and half way thru it all the rest of the band clears the stand and reggie proceeds to walk right out to the very edge of the stage (right in front of us)...stare straight at everyone in the crowd and just drops the gnarliest most balls to the wall solo I have ever heard or seen. and to top it all off he totally ditches the \'not feeling it\', mellowed out act and goes completely insane on stage i.e. dances his ass off, throwing his bass around his back with strap still on and catcing in on the side, playing behind the back, under the leg, with his teeth, etc etc etc.

Anyway my face was seriously and completely owned today as was everyone of the 10 or so friends I was with at the time and probably 4000 other people who saw that shit go down. I looked around after it happened and pretty much everyone in the crowd had a shock and awe look on thier face. I really couldn\'t even totally believe it had actually even happened at the time ...it was that sick. so ANYWAY just wanted to mention that and hear yalls opinion on the subject and maybe incase anyone has the chance to see VW band anytime soon hopefully that will convince you to DO IT!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 04:39:04 am by Klout »

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 02:49:45 pm »
Not to overshadow the rest of the band either tho because it was all very good. The Victor praising gets a bit old after the third or fourth victor chant but other than that it was very good. MC Divinity is fuckin HAWT! I think we need more female vocalist in this scene. It adds such a good element to all the songs...at least to that funky style of music.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 05:58:24 am »
am I the only person here who has seen or heard this guy shred or what?

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 09:34:40 am »
I have heard of Victor Wooten, don\'t think I have heard him play recently.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 10:16:05 am »
reggie is victors brother. also a virtuoso but a bass player. I think Reggie is even sicker though. He is deffinitly older. Maybe I just like guitar better. Either way they are both gnarly...but I like Reggie better. Shredding, whailing, screaming nothing can really describe how sick he is at guitar. He\'s on a totally different level.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 10:20:05 am »
oops, got the two confused.

Ron

• MayFlyDisarray=Meltdown
    • http://tribedescribe.com
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 03:17:59 pm »
Victor Wooten owns all bass players, but still knees down to the god of the bass Jaco Pastorius
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 10:30:37 pm by Ron »
The river of green is sliding unseen beneath the trees, laughing as it passes though the endless summer making for the sea...(R.Waters)

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 03:28:39 pm »
a friend of mine mentioned him this weekend while discussing victor. I gotta check him out

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 03:31:23 pm »
Not a knock on Victor but I personally like the late Alan Woody. I think if you want to watch some of the sickest BASS players alive then go grab Gov\'t Mule\'s  "The Deepest End" if you don\'t have it.

Victor makes an appearence
Dave Schools
Mike Gordon
George Porter Jr. (is the MAN)
Rob Wasserman
Jack Cassidy
Les Claypool
Paul Jackson
Will Lee
Jason Newsted
Greg Rzab
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Ron

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005, 03:39:09 pm »
Get some Jaco either by himself or with the Weather Report and you will see there is no bass player the can touch him.
The river of green is sliding unseen beneath the trees, laughing as it passes though the endless summer making for the sea...(R.Waters)

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2005, 04:17:24 pm »
I agree about Jaco but I figured there was no question about him so was offering up so other Bass players :)
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 05:11:33 pm »
Woody and Jaco great bassists.
Jaco has a way that is untouched by any other bassist as does Woody.

Ron

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2005, 11:22:13 pm »
Jaco customized his fender jazz bass by ripping out the frets himself, filling them in and makeing his now fretless bass, sound like know other. The man died by being beaten to death in a fight. I guess he was a real irregent mother fucker but at least he could back himself up with unbelieveable jazz bass playing. The horn players that played with him where so sick too .....
    Stanley Clark is no slouch on the bass either...

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2005, 11:50:12 pm »
never knew that he died in a fight.

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
    • http://
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2005, 01:15:00 am »
Quote from: Ron
I guess he was a real irregent mother fucker

I know a lot of Brazilians who fit this description. It takes a lot for a person to rise up out of that country.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 01:18:24 am by obsession600 »
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown