Author Topic: A cleaner, darker dot info...  (Read 4996 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
A cleaner, darker dot info...
« on: July 17, 2005, 01:33:16 pm »
this may not be everyone\'s cup of tea, but i personally like it, and it only took me about a week, so...

you\'ll notice a new selection in the \'change scheme\'/style chooser menu - vBlack. a darker way to look at the site for sure, but imo, it\'s also much cleaner then the other 2 options.

give it a whirl and see if you like it. there\'s still a couple of things i need to tweak with it, so if you see anything that doesn\'t look quite right, just let me know.

sample:

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 01:43:49 pm »
checking it out...

Not bad, good work.

Is there anyway I can get the page to fit completely on the screen. When I am on the homepage, the left side of the screen is cut off and I have a scroll bar at the bottom of the page. If that is the way it fits, I can live with it but just curious to see if it can fit on the screen w/o a scroll bar.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 02:00:13 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
Is there anyway I can get the page to fit completely on the screen. When I am on the homepage, the left side of the screen is cut off and I have a scroll bar at the bottom of the page. If that is the way it fits, I can live with it but just curious to see if it can fit on the screen w/o a scroll bar.

unofficially, the site is best viewed (or i should say, \'correctly viewed\') at a screen resolution of 1152x864 or better.

right-click on your desktop > properties > settings > screen resolution.

chances are, you\'re below 1152x864. see if you can set your resolution any higher, and that will do it for you..

Whathefunk

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 04:15:29 pm »
Much cleaner... but much too dark and dreary for myself...I was thinking that this might be a good idea for a new poll: Which Color Scheme do you use: a) Legacy b) vBlack c)vBlue d) I can change the color scheme?!?

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 04:15:59 pm »
Great work. This is just what I need for when I am surfing at work where I have to keep the light levels low.
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 04:25:30 pm »
i like the black look. definitely cleaner.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 04:34:36 pm »
Quote from: Whathefunk
Much cleaner... but much too dark and dreary for myself...I was thinking that this might be a good idea for a new poll: Which Color Scheme do you use: a) Legacy b) vBlack c)vBlue d) I can change the color scheme?!?

i\'m actually going to install something this week which shows what style you\'re using under your post count, location, etc..

also started work on a Real Radio style today.. i\'ve made a lot of progress, and with any luck, it\'ll be ready sometime this week..

known issue - donations page is mysteriously missing.. working on it..

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2005, 05:25:05 pm »
Definately like the Black the best...I would say that a red header with black/grey shadow would look SIIIIIIICKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!111 Keep up the good work, pec.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2005, 06:25:35 pm »
Dave, I like the new color scheme (matches the color of my soul).  I did notice that the chat room is still partially blue.  p.s. - happy birthday

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2005, 06:28:21 pm »
eh, not my cup of meat. the white text on black bkground is a little much for me. def easier to read though.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2005, 07:06:35 pm »
call me old fashioned, but i like the legacy. good work none the less. i\'m pumped for the real radio style.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2005, 11:03:06 pm »
This is a nice change. I definitely dig it. I can live without being able to fit the whole front page on the screen. It doesn\'t take much to scroll over a little bit. Good work Dave.  Thanks.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2005, 03:37:34 am »
now that im stoned its hard on the eyes. the white letters are blinding right now.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

ChrisF

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2005, 03:54:26 am »
Quote from: Gordo
now that im stoned its hard on the eyes. the white letters are blinding right now.

same here, only im not stoned. i like the legacy color scheme the best, but i find the vblue easiest to read.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2005, 06:54:00 am »
Quote from: Spacey
This is a nice change. I definitely dig it. I can live without being able to fit the whole front page on the screen. It doesn\'t take much to scroll over a little bit. Good work Dave.  Thanks.

did you look into your resolution settings?

real radio preview: