Author Topic: From the PT WSP Board.....  (Read 9176 times)

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
From the PT WSP Board.....
« on: July 17, 2005, 01:58:15 am »
Posted by "GavinE"

Ever heard of The Breakfast? (formerly know as Psychedelic Breakfast). With their new album out, Real Radio, things are really starging to take off for them. This band will make a more advanced, technical setlist on the spot than any other band in the entire world could even possibly imagine, and pull it out like they were born for it, which is why they will be the next biggest touring sensation since Phish. Ronnie Spears can hold down any bassline, plus a few extra notes, and pimp the shit out of it. With his slapping, and quick fingers he lays down the foundation which the band lives on. Jordan Giangreco is the most unique part of the band, where he does amazing organ, rhodes, and synthesizer work, making sounds more advanced and insane than the ears can really handle. Adrian Tramontano is hands down the best drummer in music these days. This man, nick-named "Animal" due to his unbelievably furry of drum beats behind the set, plays extraordinarily advanced beats to match the extra long compositional changes such as songs like Tribal Funk Affliction, Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2), Wildpack of Asscracks, Rufus, and the Grand Scheme of Things to name a few. Adrian\'s drum solo has plenty of potential to be the most intense part of a Breakfast show, and that is saying A LOT. His drumming ability will make old men who have followed music for decades cringe with disbelief...that no one can match man. Last of the four, Tim Palmieri, is the genius behind it all. Timmy\'s guitar playing is the best I have heard since Jimi Hendrix...and i consider them about dead even. Timmy will make the best guitarists in the world want to go home and practice. His ridiculously fast fingers make it sound like there are 2 guitarists at times. Timmy is the most consistent guitarist, every night pulling out the craziest jam right when you thought the last version couldn\'t get any better. That is the best thing about this band. Every show is better than the last, which makes it impossible to stop seeing them. So friends, after reading this, I want to tell you all that someday very soon, The Breakfast will own your face. I guarantee it.

watch out moe. down
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 02:00:26 am by Marcial »
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 02:18:53 am »
Quote from: Marcial
Posted by "GavinE"

Bezerker?
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 02:28:39 am »
Quote from: Marcial

and the PT moe. board, and the PT Biscuits board, and probably a couple others too.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 04:11:48 am »
why the hell not ? !

:)

i got bored and took the review i made from that shit talking magazine guy and switched the first couple sentences.  figured i\'d try to get the word out a little bit.  hard core shit talkers though !
*Gia*

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 07:57:58 am »
Nice work!! :)
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 11:15:23 am »
gavin- how come you didn\'t post it on the Barney Board?? Cheeseheads are people too.
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 11:18:05 am »
Well Done!!!

Good to see it. Bezerker way to take charge. I thought for a moment that I was going cry with joy. Good strategy hitting up other message boards and \'fluffing\' the band.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

bryank

• South Dakota represent!
    • http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/pbrband
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2005, 04:42:45 pm »
i posted on Phishhook and this was a couple of the replies...

"Breakfast fans really remind me of a weird cult or something. I\'m almost afraid to listen to them because it seems like the music might be brainwashing some of their followers."

"I\'m a big fan of the breakfast, but hyping them like that and saying they are the best and each guy is the best at what they do is more likely to turn people off than to turn them onto the music."

"When we were waiting in line at Coventry the guys in front of us had some Breakfast and I had some UM we ended up trading some shows, I really like them. That was probably the best time I had that whole weekend."

"i\'d say most of us are non-cult (there are a couple though...) but what it comes down to, i think, is that this band is so freakin\' talented, so mind bogglingly good, that we don\'t understand why more people aren\'t absolutely apeshit for them."

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2005, 06:56:18 pm »
"i\'d say most of us are non-cult (there are a couple though...) but what it comes down to, i think, is that this band is so freakin\' talented, so mind bogglingly good, that we don\'t understand why more people aren\'t absolutely apeshit for them."

this is exactly how i feel. especially when you introduce their music to someone who is a lover of music, especially jam music.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2005, 08:20:40 pm »
Wait. We aren\'t a cult?
*Puts robe back in closet. Extinguishes candles on Timmy altar*
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2005, 09:47:53 pm »
Igziabeher and I are working on converting the Panic board...I just posted that I\'ll be doing those sampler pass-outs next Wednesday at Deer Creek, and anyone who wants one can catch me on Shakedown.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

ChrisF

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2005, 09:57:22 pm »
Quote from: bryank

"I\'m a big fan of the breakfast, but hyping them like that and saying they are the best and each guy is the best at what they do is more likely to turn people off than to turn them onto the music."

i agree with this statement. you guys should be careful what you say because if you sound like a hardcore fan it will make people want to run in the other direction. i usually just prefer to hand someone my favorite recording and let me music speak for itself.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2005, 10:31:11 pm »
It\'s tough to win an arguement when you say that this is better then that. It is human nature to defend yourself. There is a better way to approach the whole thing. Another thiing is you want to be able to post Breakfast "fluff" on that board again. If you come with your six shooters out of the gate, people are going to be dicks and non-responsive, just create negative energy and comments.

With that said, good work to all, keep it going.

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2005, 11:18:36 pm »
Now is a good time to go after Panic fans bc there are alot talking down the sound they have going...Marcial, is this not true?  I felt the last time I was checking their board that there were ALOT of negative posts about the Red Rocks shows.  Get recruiting.

By the way the PT Bisco board had some good things to say.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2005, 11:27:01 pm »
Bisco fans are usually legit enough to at least give it a try.