Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-06-10 - Porter's Tap Room; Westbrook, CT  (Read 24244 times)

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Setlist: 2005-06-10 - Porter\'s Tap Room; Westbrook, CT
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2005, 01:49:20 pm »
ellis-d=my main man!!!
timmyp=stoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopit
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2005, 01:55:23 pm »
ellis d hooked us up nice.. oh yea, we couldnt turn the fans on because the lights chords were draped over em...but it was worth it. hopefully we can acquire more equipment over time because it adds a nice element.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2005, 02:04:19 pm »
there was a coupla times through the night where he actually led the jam back to where it was supposed to be headin..
adrian the animal=stooooooooooooooooooooooopit

fatboy

• envelope filter
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2005, 02:28:24 pm »
Ser ser ser show...
Cannot believe how hot it was in that place. I think I sweat out a river. It was totally worth it though!
Always a great crowd @ porter\'s... it was nice chillin with everyone!

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2005, 02:32:06 pm »
my eyes burin,and i was soo close to startin a no shirt revolution,but none of the ladies deserved it,so i dealt with it..

Ron

• MayFlyDisarray=Meltdown
    • http://tribedescribe.com
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2005, 03:04:54 pm »
Bad ass, sick, sweaty, rip rocking, show...worth the long trek home...still hurting
The river of green is sliding unseen beneath the trees, laughing as it passes though the endless summer making for the sea...(R.Waters)

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2005, 03:06:14 pm »
hot as balls yes.............sickest show in a long time YES.................frankly po was a shocker, along with the best gravity i\'ve seen.   god damn ser shit last night folks god damn ser shit
*Gia*

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2005, 03:41:25 pm »
Big Breakfast in a small hot room.  I was filled with excitement for this show for weeks and it culminated into a sweaty face fucking evening of rock and roll.  I had no idea what i was witnessing all night long.  There were points were I just had to walk away and go outside because I couldn\'t stand the intensity that the band was bringing.  I couldnt even keep a setlist.....

Octopus\'s Garden was quite a bustout.  Along with Willie The Pimp....

Did they sing the lyrics part of Attraction?  All I remember is wanting to leap out of the second floor window because I couldnt take the fucking jamming.  The band owned me all night long.  Like a child amongst gods, I had no idea what was going on.

Ser Kidzzz with quiet ownage of the second set.  

Lights = ForFUCKINGget About It......
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2005, 03:44:38 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs
Did they sing the lyrics part of Attraction?  All I remember is wanting to leap out of the second floor window because I couldnt take the fucking jamming.  The band owned me all night long.  Like a child amongst gods, I had no idea what was going on..

Attraction was served with lyrics
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2005, 03:45:43 pm »
Quote from: DocEllis70
Did they sing the lyrics part of Attraction?  All I remember is wanting to leap out of the second floor window because I couldnt take the fucking jamming.  The band owned me all night long.  Like a child amongst gods, I had no idea what was going on..

Attraction was served with lyrics

Stephengencs = fucked in the skull by the breakfast

Where are my heady fan Spaceshots?????
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

Whathefunk

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2005, 03:56:49 pm »
Well i dont think i\'ve ever used this word....but i\'m gonna go out a limb and say this show was FUCKIN\' SER!!!!! I had a fuckin\' great time meeting some of the .inforumers, drinkin some beers, and most of all jamming to the Breakfast!!! It was hot as a motha upstairs but it was nothin but a party!  Willie the pimp was sick and the lot scene was wicked cool also...what more can i say???? Def worth the drive, can\'t wait to do it again!

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2005, 03:59:48 pm »
the second floor had its own climate...the air was so wet you could see it...I wonder if it was raining sweat on the poor kids downstairs who had no idea what they were missing...

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2005, 04:12:28 pm »
couldn\'t have asked for a better show last night. i dug the lights, added a great effect to the show, at points it was just plain overwhelming... thanks ellis-d!!  the heat just added a different flavor to the whole experience, by second set i had just accepted it and i had an unreal time.... puppetry sandwich nearly had me crying... unbelievable.

lot scene... :lol: totally unprecedented but fucking great! spacey + plainandsimple + jagermeister = interesting setbreak ;) glad to see bezerker and crew made it in last night too... jocelyn it was nice to finally meet ya :)

it was a rough ride back to storrs at 630 this morning.... todd you are the man, thanks for letting us invade... and so another chapter in the anthology of The Breakfast is complete...
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2005, 04:17:32 pm »
Ha...I forgot all about the heady lot scene....  all that was needed was some wolfy burritos and a nitrous tank and it would have been perfect.....

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2005, 05:13:37 pm »
Where to start?

My head hurts today, I don\'t know why. Maybe, it was the $55 bottle of Tequila that WALSH made everyone swig? maybe, it was the umpteenth beer in the lot? (Have to add that WALSH made a SER good suggestion on bring beers, I walked out of a Breakfast show with money in my pocket!) maybe, it was the princess and her Godly bottle of Jagermeister? Maybe, it was the SER fucking music being served? I don\'t know but I guess I don\'t need to know.

First time I have ever experience a true lot scene at a Breakfast show. I even got my little pre-show and setbreak one man drum circle. Thanks WALSH for the talking drum demo.

This show was unreal. The boys have been on fire lately and it is good to see them this way. SER conversions at this summers festivals. Frankly Po Zest bustout. Was talking to Daffadil on the ride up and she mentioned how she wanted to hear that song, so did I. Never did I think they would open and close the 1st set with it. Grand. Great to hear Cosmic Spaceway Rhyme again. Doughboy is a crowd pleaser. Barley has been unreal as of late, keeps getting better.
Fresh Cut > jam > Attraction To Shade Ditty > Question Mark And The Mind > Octopus\'s Garden
Tasty sandwich here! Highlight for me for the set. Never thought that I would hear Octopus\'s Garden last night. Good tune, like the beat. Best Gravity to date, IMHFO. Even better that it went back into Po Zest!

Setbreak lot scene, \'nuff said.

2nd set NGNL opener was a terrific way to get the energy going again. Then all hell broke loose.
Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Willie The Pimp > Dig, Puppetry > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) > Wake Up In A Coma > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) > Puppetry, Space City Affair > See The Light > Memory Of A Free Festival
I think this speaks for itself. I can not explain the feelings I held for this band at that moment. They were out of this world.

Encore of Funky Bills was IMO a little rushed because they ran out of time? Either way, they could not top what they had done without ripping into a Buquebus or a Rufus for the encore or even a Buquebus>Rufus might have put it over the top. Wishful thinking, but I dream.

They owned me and I was a slave to the traffic light.

ellis-d, I think I love you. The lights are phenomenal! Thank You for the added experience.

Thanks to DW for driving, P&S for the big couch, althoug I don\'t remember coming home. Jason-A thanks for the discs. Can\'t wait to relive a few of those moments. So glad that you made it down. Ron good to see you there too. Hope you travel home was safe and carefree. JKing, I knew in my hear that you would make it before the 1st set ended. You got there right in time for Fresh Cut and the mayhem that followed. Inertia great to finally meet you. Thanks to the entire Breakfast community for one hell of a night!

and now...

Where are my heady fan Spaceshots?????

The fan-cam last night snapped 140 shots of the audience. I still have a little work to do with adjusting to the lights. The proof of how fucking hot it was is in the pics. I will upload as soon as I become motivated enough. I figure that DW and Todd do such a great job at snapping pics of the band that no more are needed, so I decided to take pics of the fans having fun. A lot of fun. A little side note, I tried my best to open windows all night, especially when the cool rain started.

That just took all my energy from me. I am never drinking again. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Peace
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 05:33:08 pm by Spacey »
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.