Author Topic: Festivals!!!  (Read 2506 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Festivals!!!
« on: June 06, 2005, 02:09:48 am »
Who is going to some summer festivals? Some of these are small and will have only a stage or 2, some are much larger and will have tents and such. I was talking to TPalms and decided that for the larger festivals there will be some promotion inside the gates. It is important that 10k Lakes is promoted. This being the biggest festival for them, the most exposure, it\'s necessary to to get people to their set. Get what I am saying?

Any information you can give on festival setups would be great. Moe.down I know a lot of the board will be there. Any ideas, will people see their set? Should flyers be made up for inside the gate?

Discuss...
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

davepeck

• Administrator
Festivals!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 06:26:29 am »
i definitely think that \'in the gate\' flyers should be made/handed out for all fests, with exact set time, stage info, etc. gun to my head, i say i\'ll be at 10k lakes, and will flyer the balls outta the place.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Festivals!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 11:08:24 am »
Dave

I think all festivals should be "in-the-gate" promo\'d. I have been trying to figure out if these smaller festivals are only 1 stage or 2. I am assuming that 10k Lakes will be multi-staged and probably tents. I also figure that moe.down is a side stage act. Like you said, the show needs to be put out there. It\'s also a good thing, if \'generic\' flyers were made at any festival or show that just says who the band is.

If anyone knows anything about these festivals the Breakfast will be playing, please discuss. The average festival size, location of the stages, how many stages, etc. Any info would be helpful in order to determine some sort of game plan.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Festivals!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 12:07:55 pm »
i\'m pretty sure i\'m hitting up 10,000 lakes so i can hand out flyers for sure.  anything to help get these guys bigger
*Gia*

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Festivals!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 10:56:27 am »
Let me know what your plans are, if you are definitely going, I will hook you up with some flyers for their set/show. I believe they are playing late night on Friday at 10k Lakes. I still need to discuss some things over with Tim about these festivals before anything is finalized. I believe that 10k lakes is to good of an opportunity to pass up and not take a chance at promos.

As for other festivals and the smaller ones, if anyone has the intentions of doing any of these, perhaps, we can set you up with some basic Breakfast flyers or maybe even some for RR. It is easy to give them right to your camping neighbors, a good way to start a conversation and get to know people. It can keep you busy all weekend.

If anyone, has any ideas on how it would be most effective to get people to put the information in their pockets and not on the ground, it is greatly appreciated. You don\'t need to promote unless you want to but, your intelligence might help us out.

Enjoy!

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
Festivals!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 01:50:08 pm »
i think i might go to the sunrize music festival in pa (breakfast playing w/ niche, etc) and i can definitely flyer there. don\'t mind flyering at nugroove either..
bezerker-give me a ride to 10kl and we can probably be best friends for life, k?

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Festivals!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 01:51:44 pm »
I\'ll keep you informed on the flyers. Thanks again. BTW, Nice avatar!

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Festivals!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 06:55:32 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya
i think i might go to the sunrize music festival in pa (breakfast playing w/ niche, etc) and i can definitely flyer there. don\'t mind flyering at nugroove either..
bezerker-give me a ride to 10kl and we can probably be best friends for life, k?

i think that could definetly work out
*Gia*