Poll

Buquebus or Rufus?

uquebus
56 (54.4%)
ufus
47 (45.6%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Author Topic: Buquebus or Rufus  (Read 33595 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Buquebus or Rufus
« Reply #150 on: April 11, 2006, 05:15:44 pm »
Buquebus has turned into a rediculous jam lately... definitely one of my favorite things to see Breakfast play..

BUT

Early morning does call
and rufus does break my balls
and ginseng is needed to listen to stories about printers and electronics :D

It\'s the working man\'s jam!

I\'ll just take both of \'em, thanks.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
Buquebus or Rufus
« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2006, 05:54:28 pm »
i really love the ending jam.  sometimes they change up the chord progressions towards the end and do some cool chromatic changes a la 11/26/04 knit.
Postcount +1.

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
Buquebus or Rufus
« Reply #152 on: April 11, 2006, 07:37:48 pm »
too close for me to decide, but rufus was the first breakfast song i ever heard so it holds a special place in my heart
caress me, aunt jemima

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
Buquebus or Rufus
« Reply #153 on: April 11, 2006, 08:47:54 pm »
i agree with the dude above me, my first breakfast show was the "so-called" rufus show on 2/5/05 at the iron horse in northampton.  once the first drum intro/first note was played, i was completely sold and have never been the same since...:tongue:
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Buquebus or Rufus
« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2006, 12:42:01 am »
Quote from: Lexington
too close for me to decide, but rufus was the first breakfast song i ever heard so it holds a special place in my heart

that was my foolish stance for awhile.. after hearing Buquebus on 11.11.05 and then Rufus on 11.12.05, i am no doubt on Team Buquebus. i love the fact that it has two huge jams and both seem to move along as a deeper unit than an engine for the guitar to scream above all. dont get me wrong, i love rufus, but Buquebus is an absolute beast.

oh, and im not calling you a fool Lexington. just recalling my moment of revelation during Buquebus in Madison... bezerker, whatever happened to those pics from that night?? id love to see a few and well up over my favorite concert of all time.

and can we get a re-vote??
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 12:46:01 am by Gordo »
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Buquebus or Rufus
« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2006, 01:51:07 am »
like a breath of fresh air, isn\'t it?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
    • http://
Buquebus or Rufus
« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2006, 08:59:13 am »
Hey spaceman!

Don\'t want to take the thread too far off topic but is your sig line from Labrynth?
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad:

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Buquebus or Rufus
« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2006, 10:27:30 am »
Quote from: Dyed_Tie
Hey spaceman!

Don\'t want to take the thread too far off topic but is your sig line from Labrynth?

fight club
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Buquebus or Rufus
« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2006, 10:30:25 am »
Quote from: Spacey
Hey spaceman!

fight club

chuch palahniuk is THE MAN!!  (author)
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

bonzo

Buquebus or Rufus
« Reply #159 on: April 12, 2006, 10:49:57 am »
Buquebus owns

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
    • http://
Buquebus or Rufus
« Reply #160 on: April 12, 2006, 10:54:18 am »
Quote from: Spacey
Hey spaceman!

fight club

Ah, I knew it was one of the greats, I was picturing the part of Labrynth where the girl is in the junk pile and that muppet is trying to get her to take a doll or something.

Ah screw it,  DANCE BABY DANCE.  JUMP BABY JUMP.
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad:

Stumblin'Sarah

• fan!!!
Buquebus or Rufus
« Reply #161 on: April 24, 2006, 11:06:48 pm »
i have before pictured the gobblins from labrynth dancing around together with me when i am freaking out to the breakfast.  esp. hobble and the big kind one who they saved in the maze. i bet they would enjoy Buquebus and Rufus equally : ) i sure do

You remind me of the babe. what babe? the babe with the power. what power?     the power of the Voodoo. who do? MooBoo!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 11:15:35 pm by Stumblin'Sarah »
life\'s too short to be in a hole
so bust into your funkiest stroll

bonzo

Buquebus or Rufus
« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2006, 09:46:42 am »
sarah your a crazy girl

but thats what makes you fun
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 09:49:51 am by bonzo »

Falcon

• captain extractioner
Buquebus or Rufus
« Reply #163 on: May 06, 2006, 11:02:54 pm »
Quote from: Stumblin\'Sarah
You remind me of the babe. what babe? the babe with the power. what power? the power of the Voodoo. who do? MooBoo!

remind me of the babe!=)

(and i LOVE the part with the crazy fire puppets that dance around in circles and their heads come off. you know, the orange ones.)
vibrant rainbow rings spinning round the sun, that\'s why i see things with my bird mask on[/FONT]

PB4Life

• Breakfast 3 meals daily
Buquebus or Rufus
« Reply #164 on: August 21, 2009, 01:36:10 pm »
Buquebus produces some killer jams but there\'s just something about Rufus that "calls"