Author Topic: 2009 Super Bowl awarded to Tampa  (Read 2793 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
2009 Super Bowl awarded to Tampa
« on: May 26, 2005, 07:30:26 am »
The National Football League announced Wednesday that Tampa in Florida will host the 2009 Super Bowl.

In a vote by league owners meeting in Washington, Tampa beat out Atlanta, Houston, and Miami.

Super Bowl XLIII will be the fourth Super Bowl in Tampa, the first one since the Ravens whipped the Giants 34-7 in 2001.

The first Super Bowl in Tampa was held in 1984 when the Los Angeles Raiders beat the Washington Redskins 38-9.

Detroit will host the Super Bowl in 2006, followed by Miami in 2007 and Glendale, Arizona, in 2008.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/nfl_superbowl_dc

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 08:19:34 am »
zzzzzzzzzzz :P

Oh gee, another mid-grade city in Florida hosts the Super Bowl.  Wake me when they have the gonads to have it at The Meadowlands, or better yet, the Yale Bowl.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 08:50:50 am »
Supposedly, The Jets are to host the 2010 Super Bowl in the Meadowlands, if they can renew their contract or have a new stadium built.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 11:42:16 am »
Quote from: Spacey
Supposedly, The Jets are to host the 2010 Super Bowl in the Meadowlands, if they can renew their contract or have a new stadium built.

the superbowl will ALWAYS take place down south. they dont want it to be cold out during the game, so the north looses out every time.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 11:44:36 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa
Quote from: Spacey

the superbowl will ALWAYS take place down south. they dont want it to be cold out during the game, so the north looses out every time.

I agree with this. It will always be in warm climate, that way people will be inticed to come. However, I heard this statement said during the talks at the NFL conference yesterday, when they decided to let the Vikings be sold.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 03:24:37 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa

The Super Bowl for this upcomming season will be held at Ford Field in lovely downtown Detroit, MI....

so...what you talkin about willis?????
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 03:38:15 pm »
I believe its a dome field?

When holding an event of this caliber, they make sure that the city can handle an influx of people. Detriot definitely can. It also has many other attractions. If a city can handle this, then they usually will have it there. They also like to move between NFL cities but, because this field is so new, they proably just like the idea of having it in a new stadium.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 03:57:17 pm »
Ford Field is actually a gigantic field house.....  Was at the Pontiac Silverdome the last year the Lions played there...and have been to Ford Field for one game a season over the past 3 seasons...getting to go to the first game played there 10/22/02 vs GBPackers....Sick fucking venue.....

However Detroit is a disgusting mess....It makes Waterbury and Bridgeport look like Darien and New Canaan.... You can actually see through most of the buildings in downtown Detroit because they are just hollow shells of cement and window holes....

The surrounding towns of Detriot...Levoina and Northville is were we stay when we go out for Lions or Tigers games......I cannot wait to see/hear what Detroit has done with the downtown area come January....
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 04:01:24 pm »
Detriot and Michigan for that matter, have never really recovered since the automobile industries moved out of the state, for the most part.

Detriot is definitely run down. Maybe the NFL decided to give the city a chance and give it some money to rejuvanate it.

How often do you do out to Detriot to see games? I wanna take a trip out there and see the Bears and Detriot or the Bears and Green Bay in GB would be sick.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 04:10:30 pm »
Heidi of the Kris and Heidi connection (haven\'t been to a breakfast or solot timmy gig in some time now), is from Levonia.....Her parents have a condo out there, and her dad has season tix for the lions and tigers....  I usually get to one game a year...all depending mostly on scheduling....

Its not looking like I will be getting out for any Tigers games.  Comerica Park is literally across a 2 lane road from Ford Field....In 2003 we got to see the Yankees clinch the pennant at Comerica on Saturday and then watch the Lions get crushed on Sunday...