Author Topic: Awesome UEFA Final on right now!  (Read 3884 times)

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
    • http://
Awesome UEFA Final on right now!
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2005, 08:43:18 pm »
Dropped into the local "Soccer Super Shop" in my Central/South American dominated neighborhood today. They had all the major international jerseys but I could not find the U.S. jersey. I figured they did not stock it because no one in the neighborhood would buy it. Turns out it was out of stock. The guy said they can\'t keep them on the shelves!

Ser.
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2005, 09:34:30 pm »
Sold Out? Woah! That is ser.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

RobdogUk

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2005, 07:06:40 am »
Quote from: leith
Quote from: derickw
I\'m a Juve fan myself. nothing beats going to a European style match. the crowd is out of controll.

Juventus is a good team. I got into European soccer a few years back due to an Italian friend of mine who was a Lazio fan. Had all the matches via sat. and spent many a day smokin\' and watching matches.

Aarrrggghh!! The only thing that really gets me about Soccer. The dreaded Penalty shootout. They ruin a greatly contested match w/ this. Yeah it can be exciting in it\'s own right but I\'d rather have a golden goal decide the match anyday.

It was a excellent match but I\'m not really a footy fan to be honest.
My girlfriend is from Rome so it\'s AS Roma all the way if I had to choose. She goes nuts when watching a match and I\'m sat there wondering what all the fuss is about.
It\'s crazy over there though when a match is on.

As for the penalty shoot out, I agree it\'s a horrible way to decide a match esp as England ALWAYS lose when it matters. My dad suggested they bring on the subs for a golden goal chance or extra-extra time, not a bad suggestion but it can go on a bit.

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2005, 08:02:22 am »
This penalty lottery is now all but removed in many hockey tornaments (the real hockey, that is, as once played on grass, now on astroturf - not the "we can use both sides of the stick" easy game played on ice that you all like!! ;))

Some cup competitions have a rule that in the event of a draw, if no result be had after extra time, then players start to be removed on each side after a set period. This continues, with both teams losing a player orat a time until a goal be scored, or the match has to g to penalties. Many festivals also have a spin on this - the penalty shuffle: the attacking guy starts on the 25 yard line and has a one on one with the keeper with 10 secs to score. Best of three or five shuffles. Never known what happens if it\'s still a tie after all the players have had a go though!
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)