Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-05-21 - Paul Ryan\'s Stag: The Elks Lodge, Southington, CT  (Read 7341 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
I: Question Mark And The Mind > Uncle Freddy > No Regret > Hard Luck Harry* > Peaches En Regalia** > Buquebus > Score^ > Taboo Or Not Taboot  > Wake Up In A Coma > Score, Wipeout!, Lit > Superfly Phaddy Fat > Gravity^^

All songs played randomly by selecting out of a deck of cards, with the exception of the segue back into Score, and Wipeout,which were spontaneously done by the band.

* with \'King Kong\' (Frank Zappa) and \'Magilla\' (Phish) teases.
** Band\'s selection for \'any cover\' card drawn.
^ Whole band stopped in middle of song, turned, chugged beer and then picked song back up on beat.
^^ with \'Tunderstruck\' (AC/DC), \'Material Girl\' (Madonna), and \'Star Wars Theme\' teases.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
holy shit. thats looks like ser face ownage. so pissed I didnt go now.

tapers?

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Material girl was thanks to devo requesting it earlier in the night.

Props to Dave Peck for purchasing more than half of the tickets in the raffle in an attempt to get 2 things - a hard drive and u2 tickets. He lost both, the hard drive to vallo of all people. However, in his defence, he won about 20 other things. Great times tonight, thanks to everyone for making it a blast!

Quote from: Klout

tapers?

fitzy=audio
vallo=video, (1 camera wide)
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Paul,

Glad the show was a success.  I can tell by some of the comments in the setlist that it was surely enjoyed by both the crowd and the band.  Can\'t wait to hear some of the official reviews from the night\'s participants.

Congratulations!

P.S. What are you doing home so early after the show?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
< drew Hard Luck Harry......

Great time in Southington last night......

Spacey with one arms length of raffle tix is cursing the raffle out all raffle.....untill the last draw (for the U2 tix) when his number was called.....

Congrats Paul and best of luck......

Thanks to Plain and Simple for hosting a little late night....Glad Billy Chags and I made it out when we did....nice and rested for Ep.3....11:30am showing in B\'po, CT.....

"Save Says No!".....we had the guy running the elks lodge agree to let the band play till midnight for an extra $75.....thanks to a bunch of donators we were ready, just had to make sure the band was down.......it seemed like, TPalms, Animal, and Jordan were down for it...but I saw Save just shake his head....
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 10:33:51 am by Stephengencs »
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

davepeck

• Administrator
good time last night.. took a hunge out of the ATM beforehand.. didn\'t look like there was any gambling going on, so i decided to throw it all into the raffle.. $70 and a ton of tickets later, i thought i\'d be in pretty good shape to pick up the 2 things i had my eye on - the hard drive, and the U2 tickets.. but as paul said, i got neither. :lol: my first ticket wasn\'t drawn til like 5th, so i missed the bottle of jager as well..

didn\'t make out too bad though.. :D things won:

- 50 blank DVD-Rs
- 50 blank DVD+Rs
- Bottle of Southern Comfort
- LOTR 1/2/3 DVDs
- $20 Applebees GC
- ESPN T-Shirt
- ESPN Water Bottle
- 6 Golf Balls
- Guinness Hat (gave to freddie)

pretty sure that\'s it.. drew the No Regret card. big bottle of hurtin\' sauce today..

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Quote from: alexanderzurflu

P.S. What are you doing home so early after the show?

um, I wasnt home... I brought a bunch of the cookie/brownies/etc down to work for the people that could make it and wrote up the setlist there before heading back out.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
PAUL,DONT DO IT MAN!!!!
dave,thanks for the hat..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Thanks to all that made this evening possible, especially FrankZappa. Thanks to to ChrisF for the recording, the band for playing and Dave for taking all those raffle prizes I didn\'t want. Thanks to all the people who showed up and made this a terrific evening.

I decided that I didn\'t want to buy raffle tickets until the very last second. I was trying to win the Autographed Breakfast Picture. Great shot and nice formatted and fitted into a frame. Bought a arms length at the right before the drawing. Made bullshit comments as each prize was taken. The first time we won, I got a shirt that I gave to plainandsimple. Then I began the saying, just need to win the tickets. Sure enough, 4-4-8-9-2-5, 8925? I won!!! Yes, 12/7 tix to see U2 at the Civic Center. Thanks to all the people or person who donated the raffle prizes.

The show was interesting indeed. Every song was played well. Not your typical Breakfast show by any means. The Peaches was a treat, glad to hear it, Could have been a little tighter. Wipeout was not expected at all. The stop and start in Score was very funny. Finally got a the Taboo or Not Taboot we have been waiting for since Toads. The more I hear Buquebus the more I fall in love with the song. This is one of the bands big boys, imo. They have the ability to strech this song farther then we can image.

Thanks to all those involved in the post party at plainandsimples. What a fun night, I had no real expectations on the evening and came out very pleased. Of course, U2 tickets to a jobless freak, help out greatly, now if I can only find them...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 01:57:33 pm by Spacey »
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
quote of the night: (my cousin david, after telling me he had never seen or heard this band, \'the breakfast\') - "hey, I saw a guy with a \'psychedelic breakfast\' shirt on... did you ever see them? I caught them a couple times years ago, they were a pretty good band."

runner up: (my dad) - these guys are pretty good.. if only they sang some more... (of course, after hearing wipeout!, an instrumental song he actually knew, he throught they were great) :P

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
Setlist: 2005-05-21 - Paul Ryan\'s Stag: The Elks Lodge, Southington, CT
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2005, 02:19:08 pm »
Hello to all. Had a blast lastnight, so thanks to all for the evening. Had a hard wake up this morning and wittnest the many empty beer bottles in my kitchen. Had fun, thanks to all who showed and to paul who made the night possible. Congrates to u paul and a new life to come.  Spacey if ur wondering, i have the tickets at my place so u dont have to pull uot any more hair thinking about it.    Thanks to all again..:vomit2:
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

goclic

• The man from up North.
    • http://www.jvjv.net/MB
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2005, 02:47:53 pm »
Congrats to Paul and I was wondering if you were going to have the band play at your wedding as well? You know, dress the boys up as a Cheesy wedding band and have them cover all our aunts and uncles favs?

Great time was had over here. Thought we were getting some "interesting" mix-up in what instruments the band would play but instead got a Ct version of the Electroc Compnay wheel. Great idea but I still can\'t believe the deck wasn\'t "stacked" ;)

Random sightings included Mr. Peck lamenting about his misfortune regarding the whole nights raffle and Hard Drive till he scored the water bottle and looked like he had just won MeGaMillions.

-Wah getting a Guiness hat kick-down from Dave two seconds before the angry mob of raffle hopefulls were about to stone him.

-Somebody said No.

Whoever won the ToddAndrson Framed and Autographed Photo was a BIG winner as well imo and same goes for Spacey but in retrospect were there any Losers?
I came from Canada to probe you people.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2005, 04:07:43 pm »
question is, do i keep the water bottle, or eBay it? :shrug:

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2005, 04:15:51 pm »
that waterbottle is priceless. it was meant for you. you can\'t ebay that.
oh, can I borrow it on December 7?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

goclic

• The man from up North.
    • http://www.jvjv.net/MB
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2005, 04:28:27 pm »
Quote from: davepeck
question is, do i keep the water bottle, or eBay it? :shrug:

Feel dave considering selling everything on Ebay in a effort to buy even more tickets next time there is a raffle.

Cornering the breakfast raffle market are we?
I came from Canada to probe you people.