Author Topic: Setlist: 5/18/2005 Timmy Tour @ Richters  (Read 5153 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Setlist: 5/18/2005 Timmy Tour @ Richters
« on: May 19, 2005, 02:47:42 am »
I: 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover, You Don\'t Know How It Feels, Down On The Corner, Don\'t Think Twice, Sunshine Superman, Undone (The Sweater Song), "Richter\'s Jam", Paint It Black, Subterranean Blues > Luke Teaser*, Nobody Told Me, Lady Madonna > Dig, Today Was A Good Day, I Wanna Get High > Jam > Joe\'s Garage > The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill > Strawberry Fields Forever > Black Bird > The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill**

II: Star Wars Theme, Karma Police, She\'s Not There, Truckin\', Who Loves The Sun > I Saw The Light > Could This Be Magic? > Bell Bottom Blues > Damn That Mojo Mama, Vasoline, Timmy Banter@, Episode 3*** > Fresh Cut

Notes:
* I believe this is a Luke Skywalker/Star Wars Theme tease. I have trouble reading the setlist and can\'t really decipher it. This is what I see, L-U-K-E T-N-T-O-O-C-E-R, possibly cursive for Teaser?
** I Wanna Get High until The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill replace the sorely missed, WALSH Wednesday segwich, as we all did. Tim called this "a little segwich"
@ "Midnight has struck, Episode 3 is upon us"
*** 1st Time Played

Rebuttal:

This was the best night on Timmy Tour to date. Maybe, possibly, other nights have peaked energy-wise, but nothing could topple this. There were Yalee\'s getting loaded during the 1st set on poppa\'s credit card, 8 shots of tequila 3 times in a row!!! They left, just in time for second set, which opened up the area to the TRUE Timmy Tourers!!! Rumor is, Tim had planned on playing this tune and seemed to have "cold feet" going into Set Two. After a $20 spot, his mind changed (identity of that kind soul with the $20 spot left to himself), Tim right before set two was heard saying,  "I\'m gonna give you exactly what you wanted".

This setlist is as accurate as possible. I had trouble reading a couple of letters but, it really does say, EPISODE 3, mutha fucka\'s!!!
So, the story is being written ...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 03:25:15 am by Spacey »
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 04:30:26 am »
Quote from: Spacey
I: 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover, You Don\'t Know How It Feels, Down On The Corner, Don\'t Think Twice, Sunshine Superman, Undone (The Sweater Song), "Richter\'s Jam", Paint It Black, Subterranean Blues > Luke Teaser*, Nobody Told Me, Lady Madonna > Dig, Today Was A Good Day, I Wanna Get High > Jam > Joe\'s Garage > The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill > Strawberry Fields Forever > Black Bird > The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill**

II: Star Wars Theme, Karma Police, She\'s Not There, Truckin\', Who Loves The Sun > I Saw The Light > Could This Be Magic? > Bell Bottom Blues > Damn That Mojo Mama, Vasoline, Timmy Banter@, Episode 3*** > Fresh Cut

spacey....fantastic job deciphering what looked like a mess....all is right except for the following correction....

II: Star Wars Theme, Karma Police, She\'s Not There, Truckin\', Who Loves The Sun > I Saw The Light > Could This Be Magic? > Bell Bottom Blues, Episode III(1), Vasoline>Fresh Cut

1 - "Damn that mojo mama" is an acutal line from Ep. 3

Timmy Tour Continues...........
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 10:58:10 am »
fuuuuuuuck yeah. Episode 3 it is. i know in the other post someone said it got real bluesy for awhile, but id like some kind of run-through of the whole song... if possible? multiple sections? big fat intro? lyrical style? epic styly jam? ehhhh, whateva, im gettin greedy ill just wait to hear it after TB rips into it....................... tomorrow night.

ill throw a bet on that. friday night, not thursday, is the TB premiere of Eppy 3.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 11:58:45 am »
There was an Ep. 3 vibe in the air all night last night....  Upon discussing possible attendance of the show earlier in the evening, we (timmy, wah, fitzy, pete the fan) said it may be a little light due to the premiere of Episode III at midnight....Well the fuel was dumped on the fire at that point.  You could see the wheels spinnin in TPalms head.....2nd set opener was what i was feeling......and when timmy opened it with the Star Wars theme, I was waiting for it to go into this amazing tune that everyone knows of but few really know.....well once i realized that the next tune was Karma Police, i thought we may still have a chance, but probably not....Turns out, timmy was just waiting for midninght a al the offical release of SW EP. 3......

The tune was raw like timmy had said...it starts as a ser composed jam with timmy all over the neck of the guitar sliding around with ease even though his fingers and hand were contorting  to hit notes and make chord formations that I have never seen from him before.....the build and build is there....raw or not....it is epic....and just when you think the tune is ending, it breaks into this old school blues tune with lyrics.....

My biggest fear was that there was no way that this tune could live up to the hype it has received.....to me it did and then some....it is still growing on me and proves that yet again...Timmy has no problem taking it to the next level every single time he is on stage with a guitar in his hands.....SER
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 12:12:24 pm »
When Episode 3 began, the place was stunned. That why everyone was looking around, asking each other, "is this it ?". The jam haas a long intro, that is very composed and has a certain feel to it, like no other tune. It sounded, the composed part, comparitable to a YEM, except with bluesy riffs before kicking into a blues style song. Tim, played this on acoustic, which means on an electric he would tear it up better. Hands all over the guitar, like a man in a white van all over the playground. To say it was a little rough is accurate, but this is the 1st time he has ever played it. Most definitely in front of people.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 12:24:03 pm »
The "Richters Jam" which will forever take a back seat to Ep. 3 was the best improv jam i have ever seen timmy play.....

You can all keep your Fender and Gibson.....
Gimme Timmy on that Taylor all night long...fo life..

Fitzy...if you could possibly upload the "Richter\'s Jam" at some point..I would love to hear that again......especailly since this recording will most likely never see the light of day....

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 12:27:29 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs
especailly since this recording will most likely never see the light of day....

as it should!

You only get out of Timmy Tour what you put into Timmy Tour. The rewards for the 2 night run are unexplainable.

better stop, before this becomes useless...

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 12:44:31 pm »
Quote from: Spacey

You only get out of Timmy Tour what you put into Timmy Tour. The rewards for the 2 night run are unexplainable.

epic.confirmed

------------------------
also from last night....leaving the show....across the street from richters, fight, undercover cop, throat punches, at least 15 cop cars swarm chapel in seconds, crazy way to end a crazy night.....before i realized there was an undercover cop in the mix...it definatly looked as if someone was getting shot....bad news....
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 01:30:19 pm by Stephengencs »

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 02:22:03 pm »
Sound It!!!!!!!!!!!
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 02:34:48 pm »

You only get out of Timmy Tour what you put into Timmy Tour. The rewards
also from last night....leaving the show....across the street from richters, fight, undercover cop, throat punches, at least 15 cop cars swarm chapel in seconds, crazy way to end a crazy night.....before i realized there was an undercover cop in the mix...it definatly looked as if someone was getting shot....bad news....

Sounds alot like my neighborhood in Providence :lol: Then again, sounds typical for the Chapel St. part of the green.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

HarryHooood

• Above The Waves Joe
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2005, 02:38:24 pm »

Yeah, I definitely got a little sketched out as soon as I heard one of the guys yell "He\'s got a gun!".  
Oh well, sometimes you just have to put your life on the line for Timmy Tour

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2005, 02:45:22 pm »
I walked through the center of the green last night to get to the car. Which we decided to put the top down and drive 110 mph on the highway. You can not smoke a bowl with the top down at 110 even if the windows are up.
This little skuffle is news to me. Wish I knew, I\'ve been dying to see a good brawl lately. Use to see brawls all the time when I was up in New Bedford. ah, the good ol\' days.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 03:01:56 pm »
it looked like 2 dudes about to throw down...till the "hes got a piece" came out and then it was looking like we were gonna witness a murder....but once the guy put the other guy in the restraining hold with one hand (a trick only cops seem to know) it was obvious that he was undercover heat......

Quote from: HarryHooood
Oh well, sometimes you just have to put your life on the line for Timmy Tour

Its bad enough we have to worry about TPalms tryin to kill us....

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005, 03:06:14 pm »
how much longer did this occur after I departed into the green? I was nervous walking through the green because it\'s New Haven\'s equivolent to Central Park.

Yes, as if worrying about TPalms killing us off wasn\'t enough, we have to worry about leaving the show too. Good thing we are in Orange next week.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2005, 03:11:13 pm »
cant wait to hear this tune. excellent description gencs, i am absolutely impatient until i get the chance to listen.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash