Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-04-29 - Lafayette Brewing Company; Lafayette, IN  (Read 8295 times)

akincaid

• andy.k
Setlist: 2005-04-29 - Lafayette Brewing Company; Lafayette, IN
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2005, 04:12:44 pm »
dave, i accidently put some of those pics in concert photos instead of 2005

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2005, 11:55:00 pm »
Quote from:

I had never heard of The Breakfast until 3 days before the show. I\'m a Purdue student and I frequent the Brewing Company sometimes up to 3 times a week. I always get excited about shows there...it\'s such a chill atmosphere and I\'ve seen the likes of Umphrey\'s McGee and Ekoostik Hookah there numerous times. I have to say, though, of the 15+ shows I have seen at this venue, TB was hands-down the best.

I was so suprised by the energy and stamina. I thought when I saw Phish on tour last summer that I could never dance any harder, but I was panting by the end of Sleeping Beauty. Lady Madonna was a great way to start wrapping up the first set.
One thing I really like about these guys is their love for the fans. Even at setbreak, the guys were mingling with the crowd.

Second set blew me away...Scarlet Begonias?! I think I almost hyperventilated because I couldn\'t dance any harder. TB just has such direction and purpose in their jams, unlike some bands that jam without going anywhere (or else the jams are too scripted).

Needless to say, I was highly impressed and even bought Tim a beer after the show because I felt like I hadn\'t paid enough to see them. He ended up hanging around my table for a good 20 minutes after the show, just shootin\' the shit and talking music. These guys will go far.

By the way, I was the crazy long blonde-haired chick in the red skirt dancing up a storm all night. :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 12:04:09 am by kyndkate »
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2005, 01:46:06 am »
kyndkate,

Welcome to the boards!!!

We, like you, have experienced the same phenomenon known as "The Breakfast". The symptoms are the same.
They are quite an experience, I am glad to say, that you\'ve come to the right place!

Enjoy!

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZNfox000\' target=\'_blank\'>http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_202.gif\' alt=\'Waving\' border=0>
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2005, 06:18:12 am »
welcome aboard, kate.. great story! :D

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2005, 08:47:55 am »
Sometimes I wonder is it just me, are these guys really that good? Then I read something like that and I know for sure, without a doubt they are. confirmed. We are really lucky to have them in our backyard. Thanks Kate and welcome!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2005, 10:06:09 am »
Kate, i remember seeing you put that beer on stage.. you walked back and shook your head a few times in disbelief with a smile. it was actually one of those moments that night that i remember so well cause everything was perfect. cheers to TB!

so happy to see someone else chime in here about this show. ive been hyping it since, calling it the best show ive ever seen.

wait, was that you who put the beer on stage?? thought it was a girl with a red skirt and long blonde hair? either way, fuckin awesome!
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2005, 11:21:56 pm »
Quote from: Gordo
Kate, i remember seeing you put that beer on stage.. you walked back and shook your head a few times in disbelief with a smile. it was actually one of those moments that night that i remember so well cause everything was perfect. cheers to TB!

so happy to see someone else chime in here about this show. ive been hyping it since, calling it the best show ive ever seen.

wait, was that you who put the beer on stage?? thought it was a girl with a red skirt and long blonde hair? either way, fuckin awesome!

Yep, that was me. Confirmed :)

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams