Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-06-08 - The Funk Box; Baltimore, MD  (Read 4257 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2005-06-08 - The Funk Box; Baltimore, MD
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2005, 04:47:42 pm »
Quote from: ChrisF
dobz with dave peck\'s gear maybe?

check.

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2005, 07:00:21 pm »
i saw one rig upstairs, but i don\'t know if that was dobz or not...

when i got there, the guy at the door asked me who i was there to see. i emphatically replied,THE BREAKFAST!!! he chuckled. when we got inside and saw maybe ten or so folks, i figured out why he\'d asked. luckily some more folks showed up, but not many.

one guy who was there, though, was a drunken 40something tourist who\'d heard the music outside and came on in. he got there for the turbine/b\'fast jam at the end of turbine\'s set and *loved* it. he couldn\'t believe it wasn\'t all one band, and he\'s "been around some music before!"

y\'all should\'ve seen that jam, too! the electric guitarist really impressed me. timmy\'s solo was really tasteful and mature, i though, and then this kid stepped up and really put some oomph into it!  at the end, he and timmy were trading licks (as was harmonica guy) and timmy (with a big ol\' shit eating grin) was throwing out some crazy-ass licks, to which turbine guy always responded! sometimes he responded by bringing the jam back around because timmy had done one of those bizarre seemingly impossible runs, but most of the time he gave timmy\'s run a shot. very ince, indeed. hopefully that got taped, too.

nick, you should\'ve have said hello, my man.

audiofile

• nob spinner
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2005, 10:57:35 pm »
confirm on the taping
[EVIL]I\'m sorry, I can\'t hear you![/EVIL]

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2005, 12:38:47 am »
Quote from: Spacey
I\'m sure a posse of Grandmothers can hold of the hood rats.

That or the cult she is involved in.  :bounce3:

I may be settling in Batimore for the summer with her, i\'ll be sure to do promo down there, as someone was saying the venue is sweet, but the city doesn\'t get enough credit either, it\'s pretty large in size, and all type of people in it, comparible to new haven on a large scale.
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.