Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-05-07 - Webster Theatre; Hartford, CT  (Read 18373 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2005-05-07 - Webster Theatre; Hartford, CT
« on: May 08, 2005, 03:43:20 am »
I: May Fly Disarray, Garcian Fishbowl > See The Light*, Fresh Cut** > Garcian Fishbowl, What The Funk^, jam^^ > No Regret, Ramble On Rose#@, Drunk Monk Bar

II: jam > Sleeping Beauty, Hard Luck Harry > No Glove No Love, Born To Be Wild > Drum Solo, Buquebus

E: Sympathy For The Devil#@@

* inverted.
** with \'The Andy Griffith Show Theme\' teases.
^ with drum intro.
^^ Tim & Adrian \'trading licks\'.
 @ Grateful Dead cover; first time played.
@@ Rolling Stones cover; first time played.
 # with Sean Miller on mandolin and vocals.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 03:55:16 am »
OK Talk about a band giving the fans what they want. Ridiculous just ridiculous! Mayfly opener Garcian Fishbowl, jam>SB
Ramble On Rose? w/ Mandolin!! Hot damn.
I see no notation on STL no inversion?
Wow man wow
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 04:34:59 am »
Quote from: leith
OK Talk about a band giving the fans what they want. Ridiculous just ridiculous! Mayfly opener Garcian Fishbowl, jam>SB
Ramble On Rose? w/ Mandolin!! Hot damn.
I see no notation on STL no inversion?
Wow man wow

I can\'t even wait to hear the reviews of this show.......or the live recording!!
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 04:51:48 am »
STL was inverted.  I guess maybe the invert no longer warrants an asterisk since it\'s been played like that so many times.  Maybe it should get an asterisk for not being inverted?  Or maybe "inverted" is now "normal" and vice versa?  Whatever.  Good times, just got home from moe.\'s party, falling asleep at the keyboard.  More later.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 05:48:34 am »
Quote from: Wolfman
STL was inverted.  I guess maybe the invert no longer warrants an asterisk since it\'s been played like that so many times.  Maybe it should get an asterisk for not being inverted?  Or maybe "inverted" is now "normal" and vice versa?  Whatever.  Good times, just got home from moe.\'s party, falling asleep at the keyboard.  More later.

Thanx Wolfman. I kinda figured it was but you nvr know. I agree it should just be noted now when it is played ala the album and i believe that is the consensus on .info.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

goclic

• The man from up North.
    • http://www.jvjv.net/MB
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 06:34:57 am »
Interesting show. Don\'t know if the fact that I decided to "sideline" one and take a back-row view as I had the habit to do mid-tour back in the dayz or if I could feel that the guys were tired yet laying it all out for a return back home but it was a "special" homecoming fer ser.

In all honesty I can\'t say that when they took the stage I felt the burning "energy" of past 1st sets that I had experienced but the groove was there. Peeps were happy to have their boyz back on the home turf and while not positioned to discuss the intricacies of the song selection and subtle "games" that were played by the band, the rarity of the covers that tickled our eardrums or the guest appearance by Mister Miller I can say that  it was DEF a rocking/jamming in your face show that had kids like Spacey looking at the set-list "pad" while droll oozed from their dropped jaw.

Adrian smashed his toys as well as everyones face to wind down the 2nd set. The lights while not a show in itself were perfectly in synch with what the guys were laying down and everything was as tight as you would expect it after 17 shows in under 3 weeks.

I would like to once again thank the band for another stellar show and can\'t wait to the post-Trey show in NYC @ the Lion\'s den.
I came from Canada to probe you people.

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005, 07:49:45 am »
looks like a high energy show!!!!!!!! garcian fishbowl!!!!!!!! that\'s hot!
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005, 10:45:49 am »
::kicking self in the ass, repetitively for being a slacker, low life, ass-clown::
:no:  :tool:  :hscratch:  :bomb:  :hscratch:  :tool:  :no:
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2005, 10:51:46 am »
short show imo, 2nd set wasn\'t as long as I wished for but who am I to complain?

nothing a little teamwork can\'t handle to get you a garcian fishbowl.

1st was very much what I wanted. Mayfly after a long break of me not seeing it.
jam>No Regret was interesting.
2nd set\'s jam>sleeping beauty opener, love this tune, only wished it hit the 12 minute mark. Ramble on Rose and Sympathy for the Devil 1st timers. Executed precisely.
Overall, the show was a very good, a great way from the boys to come home. Thank You for the Buquebus too.

speaking of Buquebus, did you make it to Hartford? Got the Garcian Fishbowl and I was looking all around for you.

Goclic, JKing, Daffadil nice to offically meet you!
also, great to see everyone again.

Wolfman, very impressive work with those lights last night. IMHO, this band seemed very professional last evening.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 11:19:01 am by Spacey »
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2005, 11:25:31 am »
Killer setlist... Ramble On Rose is by far my favorite GD song!
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2005, 11:33:54 am »
3 good covers last night, impressed with all of them, most of the time I was asking, where the hell did this song come from?

as the heavy sedation of cold/flu fighters wears off, I am remember more and more from this show! Drum Solo was as good as it ever was. I brought 3 1st timers and I think they all were impressed by all of it.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2005, 11:36:12 am »
It was my first time seeing Seanaldo play w/ the band, and although the mandolin was hard to hear, he nailed the vocals to Ramble on Rose.  Everyone was loving it, it was a giant singalong.  He does much better with Jerry tunes than Jordan, IMO.  Jordan can still hold down the Bobby tunes quite nicely though.  That Hardluck Harry jam was something fierce.

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2005, 11:39:06 am »
Good to see everyone at the shittiest venue in the northeast, but i guess ya cant complain when they are up there bringin the heat like that. Holy shit, what a show...
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2005, 11:50:58 am »
i can\'t believe nobody has mentioned that DMB jam yet....SICK!!!!
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2005, 11:55:49 am »
this is one of thos shows that looks good on paper but is great on disc. every song was played to its potential. there are so many great parts to this show that I am anxiously awaiting this on score, ;) :santa: