Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-04-30 - Elbo Room; Chicago, IL  (Read 7449 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2005-04-30 - Elbo Room; Chicago, IL
« on: May 01, 2005, 09:56:53 am »
I: Doughboy, The Chase, jam > Sleeping Beauty, Puppetry > Echidna\'s Arf (Of You) > LDZ > Puppetry, Fairy, Buquebus > No Regret > Sir Psycho Sexy > Inner Glimpse > Drum Solo, Superfly Phaddy Fat

Thanks to Gordo for the setlist!

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 10:01:45 am »
nice....... I can dig that.

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 10:18:23 am »
wish\'n i was in chicago last night..and not for the deep dish. Gordo, as cool of a set as that looks, was there anyone there to hear it!?
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 10:20:55 am »
Buquebus > No Regret > Sir Psycho Sexy > Inner Glimpse > Drum Solo- now this right here is something that one can only imagine how it translates off of paper.  looking solid, giving Chicago a taste of Staven\'s finest.  hopefully Gordo will chime in with some details.  
::::fiending like a madman for some psychie B ::::
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 10:34:24 am »
puppetry> echinda\'s> ldz> puppetry looks mighty fine.  can\'t wait til webster.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 03:00:31 pm »
last nights show was off the fucking hook. it feels good to be back from the moon. they definitely kicked it off right with Doughboy, Chase. got everyone moving immediately, the place was blown away quickly and many were shaking their heads (just after their asses) with the last note of Doughboy. it was great to hear a jam>Sleeping Beauty live, finally. although it wasnt the best "jam" ive heard into it, i just love the idea every time, it should be a staple.

Puppetry>Arf>LDZ>Puppetry is when the show took a quick turn into another world. the sugues were too good, the energy was off the charts, and the boys were having a fucking blast. nothing like some zappa to get Chi-town feeling dirty on the dance floor, and HOW THE FUCK DO TIM\'s HANDS DO THAT?!?!
Fairy-- officially a ser tune. i think everyone should curb their shit talking, two straight nights of phenomenal versions. the type of riff thats hard to get outta my head, tim\'s outro is so good it makes me sick.
Then, the highlight of the night:

BUQUEBUS was reeeeediculous, put me in a lazer blue mood, deep, deep grooves and straight rips that can not be matched by anyone. the place was in a fucking twisted frenzy, stomping fucking holes in the dancefloor. i started on one side of the place, ended up on the other, and back again. Four thumbs up.
> No Regret was such a good fit. honestly every seg made perfect sense when it happened. NR has grown on me a ton this weekend, nothing wrong with some head-bangin.
Couldnt believe they went into Sir Psycho then, i went and found Chris at this point to and just said, "you gotta be fucking kidding me." he was away from the merch table for a looong while, joining the crowd in chicago\'s version of the funky chicken. people were gettin down all night long.
the IG was a good way to wrap up the four song run, and it fell right into the animal beating the shit out of his kit. i love watching the band when adrian gets his solo, tim looks confused at times and then does his best to mock him with some air drums. ron sittin there with a smerk, just waiting contently, and jordan seems to strike up conversations on the side with anyone, great stuff.
Superfly Phaddy Fat was solid (unlike my dirty oatmeal beer shits this morning). kept my feet running until the end. although i was a little upset because as soon as the drums started and tim hit the first chord, i thought for a moment, "Tribal!" buuut, it was a short moment. bottom line, anything funky = cant go wrong, and their style just cant be matched.

as far as the crowd situation-- there were two openers, the first sucked, the second was a hometown band (Catfish Jenkins) and they werent bad. i was a little nervous that the place was gonna clear out a little bit after they went off cuz it seemed like there were A LOT of friends there for em... but it was a minimal decline. id say the night started with around 50-60 people (very small place though so hard to judge, it felt packed) and ended with about 30 raging heads. the band loved the crowd, they were feelin it all night and once again its so great to see how much they feed off of us. just incredible shit, it feels so good to be a part of this right now, im ecstatic and this weekend has been the best ive had since the first time i had sex in 2 consecutive nights. unreal, cant wait to fly out for a run in CT sometime soon, these guys are the best.

p.s. i have officially gotten EIGHT lifetime Breakfast fans in these past two shows, ive been pulling for more friends to come but a lot of em decided to be hoo haas, im gonna relentlessly make fun of them next time i see them.

peace ya\'ll, cant wait for you to hear this weekend. (get on whoever can get it up, stat  ;) ).
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 03:05:35 pm »
Nice recap gordo....

regarding how tim\'s hands do what they do.....PFFFT...I\'ll be damned if I know....I have had to stop watchin his hands at shows because my jaw would continuoulsy ache the next day from hanging by its hinges all night long......
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2005, 03:34:59 pm »
50-60 at the fullest???  I just do not get it???
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005, 03:39:16 pm »
Walsh, to me its pretty simple....there is no real marketing behind this band.  Grassroots has been passed on from one to another never really having time to blossom.  I personally dont think its really a big deal, since the band has been doing this for 5+ years now and they are still on the map slowly but surely picking up more fans in more and more places.

since i have no time or desire to do the voulenteer grassroots thing, i can\'t complain about what is being done/not done, but we all do what we can, when and where we can, and that is why we are all still here rooting and raving and getin down with every last shred of energy we have at the breakfast shows....

viva la breakfast!!!

see you at the Webster Pen
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2005, 06:05:57 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs
Walsh, to me its pretty simple....there is no real marketing behind this band.  Grassroots has been passed on from one to another never really having time to blossom.  I personally dont think its really a big deal, since the band has been doing this for 5+ years now and they are still on the map slowly but surely picking up more fans in more and more places.

since i have no time or desire to do the voulenteer grassroots thing, i can\'t complain about what is being done/not done, but we all do what we can, when and where we can, and that is why we are all still here rooting and raving and getin down with every last shred of energy we have at the breakfast shows....

viva la breakfast!!!

see you at the Webster Pen

i had a conversation with some dude last night about the weakness of management/grassroots for this band. ive tried over and over to get any materials to promote any shows near me. i would work my ass off for these guys, but i need a little help, good lord! i cant keep dishing out live discs out of my pocket, it gets pricey and im broke. and flyers, posters, whatever, id dedicate weekend nights to stand outside of a large venue and pass anything out to get the name out there. ESPECIALLY after this weekend, im still in shock.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2005, 06:09:41 pm »
what we need is to have flyers and bills posted on the breakfast.info. It would then be so easy for ALL of us to access whatever show we want to promote.
Something may be in the works...
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2005, 06:15:39 pm »
good call spacey.

akincaid

• andy.k
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2005, 06:46:35 pm »
my buddy promoted the hell out of the lafayette show, im not sure how much it actually helped?  i know around here the location of the show didnt help.  it was across the river far away from the college crowd.  i think if it was closer to campus the turnout would have been much better.  although you dont get much better than LBC

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2005, 08:44:06 pm »
Quote from: akincaid
my buddy promoted the hell out of the lafayette show, im not sure how much it actually helped?  i know around here the location of the show didnt help.  it was across the river far away from the college crowd.  i think if it was closer to campus the turnout would have been much better.  although you dont get much better than LBC

tell your buddy that whatever he did to help is greatly appreciated.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2005, 09:27:42 pm »
Quote from: akincaid

how far from the heart of college town was it?  

that place was the shit.. i felt like it was a set from a movie or somethin. great setup, good microbrews, wide open, the pool tables. i really liked the stage placement/look too, simple but so much space, easy to see from anywhere.