Author Topic: the wedding thread  (Read 3002 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
the wedding thread
« on: August 03, 2003, 01:54:03 am »
ah, what can I say? Our list moderator has tied the knot. Dave and Lisa, had a great time. The weather held out and was a little muggy, but much better than the thunderstorms that were in the forcast. great to see everybody, and for those who only care about pb, yes, the boys were there and they did play.

Psychedelic Breakfast
8/2/03
Aquaturf Anthony\'s Ocean View; New Haven, CT - Dave and Lisa Pecoraro wedding

I. Peace Frog>Fairy*, One big mob**
*with "tie the knot" chant and here comes the bride teases
**With the groom on vocals, had to promise to keep his clothes on in order to sing

thats all i\'m gonna write for now, but heres a picture if you didn\'t make it. hope it shows up. 1st time trying.
enjoy!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2003, 02:13:41 am by davepeck »
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

LiJuDe806

the wedding thread
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2003, 09:00:38 am »
the wedding was a great time (btw, this is Lisa D) congrats to Lisa & Dave & have fun in Disney!!
did anyone accidently pick up an Olympus digital camera?? if anyone found it please let me know, thanks!

LiJuDe806

the wedding thread
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2003, 02:39:44 pm »
got my camera back!! Thanks Freddie!

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Good great grand wonderful
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2003, 02:48:17 pm »
Man, did I have fun at the wedding!  It was my first.  (I defy anyone to top my 52 Bar Mitzvahs!)  Unbelieveable Italian food all around.  Thanks to Ron for making me eat the sushi.  Great PB set, I could not stop laughing watching Adrian beat the snot out of some poor wedding band\'s boom-chick drum set.  As I looked around the dance floor during PB\'s set, I realized that the avarge number of PB shows seen for everyone on the dance floor is probably around 125, no joke.  Oh yeah, here\'s the wedding band\'s set:

Set I:  The Girl from Ipanema, L-O-V-E, Crazy (for you baby), I left My Heart in San Francisco, Unforgettable, I Get a Kick Out Of You > 2001

No kidding, they JAMMED OUT 2001!  Wow!  Clearly their first jam in 25 years.  Once they shook off the cobwebs it was off to the interplanetary races.  One of the funniest things I\'ve ever heard.  

Wordup to the horny and hopeless bachelor crew.  Man, we were hung out to dry!  

Congrats to Dave and Lisa and their families, and thanks to everyone there for making it such a great time.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2003, 02:59:24 pm by Wolfman »

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
FOUR BUMSHOTS WITH NO DATES
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2003, 04:20:09 am »
But Seth, the true question is, how many notes did the wedding band and/or PB play throughout the course of the the evening? Obviously, you were counting. This was an offical Psychedelic Breakfast performance, was it not?

Also, PB\'s tease/jam during Peace Frog was Digital Underground\'s "Tie The Knot" from the epic movie Nothing But Trouble, with Chevy Chase, John Candy, Demi Moore and Dan Aykroyd, plus Tupac as a member of Digital Undergound. And I believe there was also a "Stayin\' Alive" tease in One Big Mob.

Furthurmore, I had a phenominal time. Actually, everyone had a phenominal time. It didn\'t rain, the ceremony was pleasant, the food was expecetedly brilliant, and the night was just an all-around great experience for Dave, Lisa, family, friends, and perhaps even some members of the Anthony\'s at Oceanview staff. I saw plenty of dancing from people who I would not have expected to engage in that sort of dancing, and you know I\'m talkin\' disco baby (from the psychedelic crew, what a night!). And that perfectly illustrates just what kind of night it was: fun all the way.

My most sincere blessing to Dave and Lisa.

Chris Pitch

Also

Seth, I liked your wedding band setlist recollection. That 2001 was clearly the best one that band has ever played (with the obvious exception of 6/21/83, Ithaca. Whew, that ambient jam with the "Union of the Snake" tease blew my fucking mind!). Seriously though, good work. I may post my personal recollection setlist of everything soon. I may not.

Pitchie

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
My Friend, My Friend, He\'s Got a Wife
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2003, 04:25:48 am »
Again, I\'d just like to say that I had a phenomenal time. Truly, one of the most enjoyable and entertaining nights of my life.

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
HITCHED!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2003, 07:14:37 pm »
Glad to hear everyone had an enjoyable time at the wedding. Congrats to Dave and Lisa and many, many years of happiness. Have a great honeymoon.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Re: FOUR BUMSHOTS WITH NO DATES
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2003, 02:58:36 pm »
Originally posted by ChrisPitch
But Seth, the true question is, how many notes did the wedding band and/or PB play throughout the course of the the evening? Obviously, you were counting.  

Yes, I was counting as a matter of fact.  I did not count for the wedding band.  PB played 6,792 notes, including vox.  (Tim 2235, Ron 981, Jordan 1873, Adrian 1619, Pec 84).

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
the wedding thread
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2003, 08:11:34 pm »
Drat! I could have sworn Tim played 2364 notes. There goes another hundred bucks. Curses!

Pitch

davepeck

• Administrator
the wedding thread
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2003, 03:19:46 pm »
hello all..

thanks to all who made it to the wedding. it was a great time, and it was over before i even knew it started! we had a blast at the wedding and on our honeymoon as well. back to reality now though.. work sucks. :)

nice pic, paul. do me a favor and burn your pics to a disc, and i\'ll do the same with all the ones you took with my camera. you managed to get some good ones! :) i\'ll post some once i get around to it...

(paul, i also have a bunch of pearl jam vcd\'s for you/christine next time i see you. also, i grabbed the radiohead off the newsgroup over the weekend, so if you\'re still having trouble downloading, i have it.)

random note: after the wedding, i am a believer that it is impossible to get drunk off of champagne.

glad you all had a great time. pics to come.