Author Topic: "moe. down" 05  (Read 10312 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
"moe. down" 05
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2005, 03:36:41 pm »
Quote from: Joe
I would sub Mexican Cousin for Antelope any day of the year....

WHAT?

I never even heard a good version of that song!!!

What?

Run Like An Antelope vs. Mexican Cousin?

you have clearly lost your mind, but in all respect, that is your opinion and this is mine.

Antelope everyday!!!
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

moebass

• psyentist
"moe. down" 05
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2005, 04:01:11 pm »
Wow... i am so upset right now about all these negative reactions about moe. I totally love moe. to no end. I have seen them just about as many times as i\'ve seen the breakfast, and i can\'t say that i like either band anymore than the other, they are both fucking unbelievable (in their own way--that\'s the key).
The breakfast is great at small bar shows. It is a very intimate setting; the crowd all knows each other and we are all moving to one beat by the end of the night. Tim is sick, ripping out his sweet guitar solos and everyone else in the band feeds off each other... the energy is great.
Moe., however needs to be viewed in a completely light. They play in larger settings and so the intimacy is lost, but they definitely know how to get a few thousand people moving. Can the Breakfast do that? Maybe... in a few years, but you really can\'t compare apples to oranges as they say.
If you think all moe. shows sound the same, you need to buy some of their albums and get more acquainted with what they have to offer. They even have a bunch of new songs that they\'ve been busting out at shows this past year, and they have really left their mark. They are my first jam band love, and i\'ve been following them for a while now... and i love seeing them evolve with every show that i go to.
I don\'t understand how someone can go to moe.down and not even see moe.! That boggles my mind! Six sets of moe., and you don\'t even bother to check them out? Go check them out!! They rock!
oh yeah... about the worcester shows... i went to both nights, and i was dancing and grinning ear to ear the whole time. True, they may not pack the same intensity as a breakfast show, but you just need to appreciate them for what they can do, and that is JAM! 55 min Rebubula at moe.down two years ago was sick!
Sorry to bend your ear... (or your eyes), but i needed to express my thoughts on the matter. You guys are unbelievable! If you appreciate music in anyway, you can\'t even begin to say that moe. is not an awesome band!

davepeck

• Administrator
"moe. down" 05
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2005, 04:26:22 pm »
i said it before and i\'ll say it again:

i love studio moe.
i really do.

they just don\'t do anything for me live. and i\'ve seen them 12-15 times...

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
"moe. down" 05
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2005, 07:45:51 pm »
Actually, I hate to admit it, but I fell asleep during the second night of the Worcester run.  It wasn\'t so much the bands fault, just me being over exhausted from the Roseland show, and the first Worcester show.  I needed a ser kick in the ass to make it through the second set, and the Kyle> Kids set closer didn\'t do it for me.  Although that Moth earlier in the set was unfriggenreal.

I can see how some don\'t enjoy them live, not everyone loves half hour jam after half hour jam, but to each their own.  My favorite moe. show ever was actually at a bar in front of 600 or so heads.  5/6/03 Monkeys on Ecstacy show.  First set was the entire Wormwood album, second set was a 45 minute Recreational Chemistry into a 45 minute Meat.  Out of friggen control, I tell ya, but not every show can be like that.  

There\'s something about them thats just hard for me to put into words, when they want to they have the power to just take me over and totally put me on cloud nine.  At the last Atlanta run, I was so dead tired at the Variety Playhouse show that I was almost in a coma at setbreak, but then they came out and played the moe.st immaculate second set and encore I had seen in quite some time and it totally woke me up and gave me all sorts of energy, no drugs, no nothing, all goodness.

Enough about them though, the fact remains, this festival is gonna be huge for the Breakfast.  They\'ll be playing, and have the opportunity to be seen by 7000 or so of some of the most hardcore and loyal music fans that I\'ve ever witnessed.  I\'ve seen many bands come and go at moe.down, and I know for a fact that the Breakfast is one of the very best that will have the chance to play at Snowridge Ski Area.  I just hope they bring it hardcore(and not halfass it like the Biscuits did last year), because they have a chance to make many a new fan in one shot.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
"moe. down" 05
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2005, 07:50:56 pm »
::yawn::
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
"moe. down" 05
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2005, 07:59:09 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht

ditto

sorry guys

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
"moe. down" 05
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2005, 08:01:30 pm »
action sports center, mattydale, now those were two great moe shows (probably biased since they were my first two, but the set up was unique and in my opinion pretty awesome). As far as Worcester, I only went the first night, they were on, but god damn I hate the Palladium, my buddy said the sound was good on the balcony, but where I was it was pretty awful.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
"moe. down" 05
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2005, 08:08:24 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher

Enough about them though, the fact remains, this festival is gonna be huge for the Breakfast.  They\'ll be playing, and have the opportunity to be seen by 7000 or so of some of the most hardcore and loyal music fans that I\'ve ever witnessed.  I\'ve seen many bands come and go at moe.down, and I know for a fact that the Breakfast is one of the very best that will have the chance to play at Snowridge Ski Area.  I just hope they bring it hardcore(and not halfass it like the Biscuits did last year), because they have a chance to make many a new fan in one shot.

The majority are TOO loyal. . .

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
"moe. down" 05
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2005, 08:08:50 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht

oh yeah, and they got quite an impressive female fanbase as well.  moe.hos rock the spizot!

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
"moe. down" 05
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2005, 08:12:24 pm »
Quote from: antbach

what is TOO loyal?  and how can that be a bad thing?  most moe.rons don\'t even tour, rather do a 3 to 4 show run at most each tour.  I can count all the moe.rons that do full tours, or even half a tour on one hand.  Its nothing like Phish crowds that will follow the band everywhere slanging lot burritos and worrying about making enough money to get to the next show, or do a full tour w/o tickets in hand or what have you.  I don\'t see what you are getting at.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 08:19:42 pm by Igziabeher »

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
"moe. down" 05
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2005, 08:27:23 pm »
I love moe. I just dont think comparing the breakfast to moe. is like comparing apples to oranges. They\'re both bands. As a matter of fact, they\'re both jambands by most peoples definition. and as far as i\'m concerned the breakfast is better in every aspect. a lot of people have been saying that moe.\'s shows are too alike from show to show, but i disagree. My complaint is that they are to inconsistant from show to show. Sometimes i\'ll be totally in to it, and sometimes i need to take a nap.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
"moe. down" 05
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2005, 08:56:35 pm »
Quote from: antbach

what is TOO loyal?  and how can that be a bad thing?  most moe.rons don\'t even tour, rather do a 3 to 4 show run at most each tour.  I can count all the moe.rons that do full tours, or even half a tour on one hand.  Its nothing like Phish crowds that will follow the band everywhere slanging lot burritos and worrying about making enough money to get to the next show, or do a full tour w/o tickets in hand or what have you.  I don\'t see what you are getting at.

I don\'t mean loyalty as in doing full tours. I mean loyalty as not open to other options. You, and a handful of others I have come across are about it. I can understand about the 3 to 4 show runs. I know a group of like 8-10 people who do them constantly with moe. Out of those 8-10 people, ZERO would come to Worcester two weekends ago, they stayed home in RI and sat on their asses instead. They all claim that they think the breakfast rock, yet none of them ever go to a show, even when they\'re in Providence.

I mean I may be wrong, and most of the time I am, but that\'s just my opinion from what I see and have experienced.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
"moe. down" 05
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2005, 09:16:47 pm »
well, those 8 to 10 are lame.  not everyone is like that though, although i can agree, some are.  but between the last Boston, Providence, UAC, and Worcester shows, I\'ve managed to get at least 15 or so \'moe.rons\' to those shows combined, and all of them were thanking me at the end of the night.  Hell, I could look at the list of people on thebreakfast.info, and I know of at least a half dozen who I\'ve gotten to crossover from the moe.board.  They may not post, but they peep the scene and utilize radio joe.  but i agree, there are some out there that trying to get out is like pulling teeth, oh well, their loss.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
"moe. down" 05
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2005, 02:18:27 am »
Hell, I could look at the list of people on thebreakfast.info, and I know of at least a half dozen who I\'ve gotten to crossover from the moe.board.

Welcome LizzieRipple!
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
"moe. down" 05
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2005, 02:20:27 am »
the fact remains, this festival is gonna be huge for the Breakfast.  They\'ll be playing, and have the opportunity to be seen by 7000 or so of some of the most hardcore and loyal music fans that I\'ve ever witnessed.

Will they be on a main stage at a good time?

That would be huge for Bfast!
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex