Author Topic: Terrapin Cancels Bridgeport Blues Festival and Summit on the Sound  (Read 5585 times)

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Terrapin Cancels Bridgeport Blues Festival and Summit on the Sound
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2003, 09:35:14 pm »
Whoa man I will bring the Biscuits into it.  I\'ve been to about 25 Bisco shows my whole life and you would have to be a blind man to not recognize the fanbase being accustomed to drug cocktails of god knows what.  Geez one guy falls down at Toads at one PB show....... And lets see how many people died at Camp Bisco last year from ODs.  I\'m not some wise ass follower man, I was a huge Bisco fan until I realized how much they sucked as musicians and realized how much their scene was the scummiest of the scumbag scenes.  So man I\'ll knock then If I want cause like Dr. Drize, "I\'ve been there, done that"....:)
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2003, 10:08:45 am »
well to be fair that would mkae 2 PB dirt naps in recent shows. A guy did the samething at the No Moore Bar show.

Maybe it was the same dude
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2003, 01:53:54 pm »
ladies and gentlemen can i have your attention please?LETS GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!its about to get ugly around this neck of the woods.i can see a great debate/arguement in the mail.the dude the other night kinda scared me but im sure hes ok.ill try to find out exactly what that dude that night to make that side effect happen to him.looked kinda fun though didnt it??the dude from no more was just spent as hell.i think someone dropped that dude a few too many rufies.great job to the band for makin fun of the sloppy drunks!
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

realisthis

• I Got 99 Problems, But...
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/realisthis?listid=0
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2003, 09:53:29 pm »
I\'ll call your bluff joe....I have been to exactly 12 Disco Biscuit shows and you have been to maybe half that, if that many. But, I do have to agree with him about their crowd. Yes, I have had bad experiences with the band and their crowd before. Yes, I have met people in that community. Shady ass girls that think Phish sucks and raq kicks ass???
Peace.
How real is that?

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2003, 10:44:10 pm »
we\'re about to hear a very angry Biscuits fan...i have a feeling Walsh is gonna explode.   I\'ve heared people say they were floored by the band, but its gettin outta hand.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

WALSH

• Mahoney
    • http://
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2003, 10:29:36 am »
I am just pointing out the fact that there is just as many drugs inall scenes.  The fact that you don\'t like tDB is fine to each his own it will just give me more room to get down at their shows.  I find their scene a lot less "scummy" than SCI, Phish, etc and have made friends with some amazing people on the road with the Biscuits.  Other than the real hardcore PB fans I would find it impossible to find a fanbase more intense about their favoreite band than the DB\'s fans.  To each his own, no reason to argue.  That is what\'s good about the "jamband" genre...plenty of VARIETY!!!

The point about the guy at PB was that it happens in all bands scenes.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.