Author Topic: The Official 2005 Boston Red Sox Thread  (Read 77779 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
The ONE and ONLY 2005 Major League Baseball Thread! [MERGED]
« Reply #600 on: October 19, 2005, 11:14:38 pm »
Quote from: leith
Quote from: Gordo
Quote from: Gordo
Padres are the National League West Champions! Yahooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been a long time. 2nd yr. @ Petco and onto the playoffs. The team is on a tear and screw all those haters. The playoffs are another season all together. Bring It! Pads and Angels in the Series! Yeah I\'m talkin\' crazy but you never know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and only in San Diego is Patron poured along w/ the Champagne.LOL

:lol:

man, i hope they get fuckin\' slaughtered.. kind of like a shitty offense and football, a quick three and out. but hey, youre right they are another season and SD has decent pitching, looks like theyre going to face St. Louis, though, thanks to Houston. that shouldnt be pretty, leith, but enjoy the post-season. (:imbitterasfuck:..) ;)

The last time the Pads went to St. Louie they took 3 of 4. How many wins does it take to move on to the nxt round? That\'s right 3.
 I\'ll take Peavy, Eaton, Lawrence and either Woody Williams or Pedro Astacio over the Cards pitching right now. Not to mention a bullpen w/ Otsuka, Linebrink and Hoffman. The Padre bats are hot and they have come from behind to win in a few games the past week or so. They are hungry and despite their record this team did show it can win when healthy as shown by the 22-6 record in May. They are healthy now, the second season begins Tues. Bring It!!

yeah, and who have they played in the last couple weeks leith?? thats right, their division, by far the worst in baseball. i believe they played their division for most of May also. bats are gonna go limp, pitching will faulter.

LOL man you are bitter. Well to you and all the other Haters. Waaaahhh! Why not jump on the below 500 teams in the division that really suck. We won it fair and square. Oh and when the Padres move on to the next round pls do not disappear from this thread. PLEASE?
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #601 on: October 22, 2005, 10:24:47 pm »
I gotta say that Crede kid is pretty fuckin\' good!

Oh and Liz Phair is HOT!!!!!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #602 on: October 22, 2005, 10:31:24 pm »
crede is good, had him the one fantasy season i was able to win, but there is no way Liz Phair is hot, attractive yes, but hot no
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

leith

« Reply #603 on: October 22, 2005, 10:57:48 pm »
Quote from: Rujah
crede is good, had him the one fantasy season i was able to win, but there is no way Liz Phair is hot, attractive yes, but hot no

Whatever. Any chick that old and looking THAT good AND can play guitar is HOT in my book.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #604 on: October 23, 2005, 12:22:34 am »
What kind of genre would you put Liz Phair in? My boy, his wife and I were just trying to figure this out.

This is going to be a good series. My MVP of the WS is Chicago\'s 3rd baseman Crede. Unbelievable.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 12:49:16 am by Spacey »
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

leith

« Reply #605 on: October 23, 2005, 12:42:36 am »
Quote from: Spacey
What kind of genre would you put Liz Phair in? My boy, his wife and I were just trying to figure this out.

This is going to be a good serious. My MVP of the WS is Chicago\'s 3rd baseman Crede. Unbelievable.

Liz is I would think along the lines of mainstream Alt-rock but played on AOR (Adult Oriented Radio)stations.

Ya know when I posted that abt Crede I was thinking along the same lines. He has the ability and the knack for getting the "key" homer when needed.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #606 on: October 23, 2005, 12:51:06 am »
For some reason I though Liz Phair was country but then I remembered she headlined (?) the Lilithfair(?)

Thinking back over the post season up to now, the name I hear the most is Crede. He made some terrific plays at 3rd and his bat is going to get hot. Hopefully the linemakers and bookies don\'t get to him and a few others ;)

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #607 on: October 23, 2005, 12:55:42 am »
say it ain\'t so....

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #608 on: October 23, 2005, 12:58:11 am »
it\'s funny,

I have seen the movie, "8 Men Out" more in the last 2 weeks then I have in my life.

coincidence?

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #609 on: October 24, 2005, 01:09:26 am »
crraaazy game tonight.. there is NO WAY the sox will lose this series. oswalt will probly win on tuesday, although it\'s still nearly a coin flip with garland (timmy p look alike btw) going against him. im just shocked at how clutch the sox hitting has been. it doesnt make any sense, every time they need something to happen it does. and yes, crede is just ridiculous. podsednik ZERO regular season HR\'s. Lidge unstoppable before pujols\'s moonshot. what the funk is happening?

i feel like we\'ve been watching a movie about great sports endings lately. outside of baseball, that Notre Dame USC game was as good as college football gets. its also crazy to see what tom zbikowski is doing for ND, i was his f-ing backup QB in high-school!! not to mention all those other crazy NCAA games. and how about the NFL today? edinger 56 yarder to win, the seahawks pick with under 30 secs., philly\'s blocked FG...... i love sports.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #610 on: October 24, 2005, 09:15:39 am »
last year our sox, this year their sox
*Gia*

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #611 on: October 24, 2005, 09:22:54 am »
Quote from: bezerker
last year our sox, this year their sox

two sox every century?

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #612 on: October 24, 2005, 10:03:03 am »
you need 2 sox on before you put your shoes on

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #613 on: October 25, 2005, 02:11:57 am »
Poll:

Do you think there is some economic benefit of changing the name from Anaheim Angels to L.A. Angels?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

leith

« Reply #614 on: October 25, 2005, 03:13:22 am »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
Poll:

Do you think there is some economic benefit of changing the name from Anaheim Angels to L.A. Angels?

Yeah the fuckers can make new jerseys to sell. Fuckers!