Author Topic: The Official 2005 Boston Red Sox Thread  (Read 77759 times)

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
The ONE and ONLY 2005 Major League Baseball Thread! [MERGED]
« Reply #540 on: October 10, 2005, 09:56:52 am »
Quote from: davepeck
i know they had the best record in the league and all, but i still think it\'s completely unfair for the cardinals to have had a first round bye..
:lol: Very Unfair!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #541 on: October 10, 2005, 03:36:36 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn
FUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

If Damon hadn\'t swung at that it would have been ball 4 and we would have tied the game! Come on, they wakled two for us, what more do we want! Cripes!

Can a loss really be brought down to 1 play?  It\'s a whole team effort that determines your fate in baseball.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #542 on: October 10, 2005, 09:19:01 pm »
That was posted a few minutes after that play. Before they lost the game.
Masturbation in the MFA

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #543 on: October 10, 2005, 09:47:59 pm »
wheels = off.

:mad:

Blackieshamps

• Blankee Dick
« Reply #544 on: October 11, 2005, 12:04:47 am »
Well, theres always next year...I have to say, its pretty frustrating how A-Rod NEVER comes through to help out with a damn thing in the post season.:sigh:
"Clown College? pfft you cant eat that!"

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #545 on: October 11, 2005, 12:29:05 am »

OWN3D

Face it Yankee fan, your franchise is a huge joke.  Let\'s go over some undeniable truisms, shall we?  Brace yourself, the truth hurts.  If you can\'t handle the truth, I suggest you leave for another thread now.

1.  The Yankees are the most underachieving team in pro sports.    Dave, I\'ll hold on to my Red Sox 2004 DVD, sure.  Do you know why you cannot hold onto your Yankees DVD?  Because it doesn\'t exist, because the last time the Yankees won, VHS was still 100 times bigger than DVD.  

The Yankees have the biggest payroll in baseball every year, yet they have less success than teams with 30% of their payroll.  The Yankees are the most inefficient franchise in all of sports.  Year after year it is proven that it is possible to be successful in Major League Baseball with payrolls between $40 and $100 million dollars.  So why spend $250 million when you\'re just as likely to win at $80 million?  The reason is that Steinbrenner and Cashman know nothing about baseball.  They just throw money at big names, which anyone could do.  If they didn\'t have money, they wouldn\'t have any chance at all.  They end up wasting huge sums of money in a manner that would get an executive at any other company fired.  And you know who pays for it?  YOU.  Speaking of which...  

2. The Yankee fan is the biggest sucker in professional sports fandom.[/COLOR]  Every year they come crawling back to suck on Steinbrenner\'s teat.  They pay the highest prices in baseball for everything from tickets to parking to concessions to cable fees for YES Network.  Yet for years their team is no better than lots of teams with far less payroll and far more fan-friendly prices.  The Yankee brass takes advatage of the poor Yankee fan who is so brand loyal that they cannot help themselves but come back to this model of inefficiency.  Tell me Yankee fan, if you bought a stereo for $1000 only to find that it was no better than the $500 stereo sitting right next to it at the store, wouldn\'t you return that stereo and not buy that brand again?  Of course you would.  Yet you continue to get ripped off by this franchise year in and year out, they are getting worse every year, and they let you come crawling back for more because they know you\'re a hopelessly devoted sucker eager for the next wasteful big-name signing.  

3. Joe Torre is not a good manager.[/COLOR]
Torre has only been able to win when he was handed the some of the greatest teams in baseball history.  When they were winning 116 games a year they didn\'t even need a manager.  They could\'ve batted in any order and still won.  In the last five years, Torre has been handed a clear top-3 team and the highest payroll at the beginning of every season, and he can\'t get them to win.  In fact, the ship is sinking further and further every year.  2003, lose World Series.  2004, lose ALCS.  (In the worst choke in sports history.)  2005, lose in ALDS.  You know what that means for next year?  That\'s right, no postseason at all.  Plus Torre allows them to play dirty, which takes a lot of respect away for your franchise.  Cano\'s flagrant interference tonight while running down the first base line illicited haunting memories of A-Rod\'s embarrassing ball-slapping move from last year.  Take off the blinders, Yankee fan, and realize that only a juggernaut-for-the-ages team can win under Torre.  

4. The Yankees have been equal to the Red Sox despite spending 25% more every year.[/COLOR]  These two teams measure themselves against one another, and everyone else measures them against one another too.  Over the last three years, the Red Sox lead the overall series 36-35.  They are 7-7 against each other in the playoffs.   Each finished with the exact same record this year and both lost in the ALDS.  In other words, they are exactly equal, besides the fact that the Red Sox have won a championship in this time and the Yankees have not.  Yet the Yankees outspend the Red Sox by 25% every year.  Clearly the Yankees are inefficient and wasteful and not running their ship as tightly as Boston.  

5. A-Rod, for all his talents, is a pox upon every franchise he plays for.[/COLOR]  $160 million for a grounded-into double play in the ninth inning of game 5 while down by two.  Talk about a wolf in sheep\'s clothing.  Forget all the numbers, you have to take Figgins or Mueller at third base for a post season run over A-Rod.  They are winners when it counts, and dollar for dollar they\'re much more efficient.  Mark my words, A-Rod will never win.

Yankee fan, when are you going to get mad and stop supporting this wasteful tease of a franchise?  Stop being a sucker and root for the Mets.  At least they don\'t underachieve.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 01:06:36 am by Wolfman »

Blackieshamps

• Blankee Dick
« Reply #546 on: October 11, 2005, 12:37:05 am »
Wolfman, i think that you are a sore loser and a poor sport.

Wolfman

« Reply #547 on: October 11, 2005, 12:40:15 am »
Quote from: Blackieshamps

OK, but to be fair, go back and look at all the "sore loser poor sport" Yankee fans who posted after the Red Sox lost and call them the same.

But this isn\'t about them or me, it\'s about baseball teams.  Do you care to deny any of the undeniable truisms listed above?

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #548 on: October 11, 2005, 12:47:50 am »
Quote from: Wolfman
Cano\'s flagrant interference tonight while running down the first base line illicited haunting memories of A-Rod\'s embarrassing ball-slapping move from last year.

Can you dig up and re-post the photos of A-Rod and the handbag from the 2004 MLB thread?  Those pics were classic.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Blackieshamps

• Blankee Dick
« Reply #549 on: October 11, 2005, 01:01:30 am »

OK, but to be fair, go back and look at all the "sore loser poor sport" Yankee fans who posted after the Red Sox lost and call them the same.

But this isn\'t about them or me, it\'s about baseball teams.  Do you care to deny any of the undeniable truisms listed above?

Im just fucking around bro.  a little bitter, like im sure you were after the sweep.:wink:

very eloquent in your hatin\' on the Yankees Franchise breakdown.  I think that the bias is just barely visable

Wolfman

« Reply #550 on: October 11, 2005, 01:05:25 am »

very eloquent in your hatin\' on the Yankees Franchise breakdown.  I think that the bias is just barely visable

Yeah, I\'m obviously a non-partisan third-party observer.

Next year is only a few months away.  Good luck to everyone else.

Blackieshamps

• Blankee Dick
« Reply #551 on: October 11, 2005, 01:06:55 am »
you too pal

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #552 on: October 11, 2005, 01:53:33 am »
damn. uhh, yeah... wolfman.  i will at least whole-heartedly agree with the A-Rod comments (#5). everything else is debatable, but a-rod should go play in japan. the other elements worked pretty well until a-rod blew it all out of proportion and began this steady decline.

i always liked jeter, a lot. hes a champ and a leader.

i never liked the yankees.

since the arrival of unlucky, excuse me -- the never-gonna-win-a-world-series, #13, i cant fucking stomach the yankees and hope to see them lose in the worst possible way.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #553 on: October 11, 2005, 02:10:06 am »
Yahooooooooooooooooooo! Go Angels!!!!! Yankees Suck!!!!!!!!!!
Chisux The Angels Are Gunning For You. Angels In 6.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #554 on: October 11, 2005, 06:56:49 am »
In the last five years, Torre has been handed a clear top-3 team and the highest payroll at the beginning of every season, and he can\'t get them to win.

yup. it\'s obviously Joe Torre\'s fault that his team couldn\'t hit a lick in the playoffs. what a horrible manager. what a wonderful truism!! :rolleyes:

Plus Torre allows them to play dirty, which takes a lot of respect away for your franchise. Cano\'s flagrant interference tonight while running down the first base line illicited haunting memories of A-Rod\'s embarrassing ball-slapping move from last year.

:fucktard:

yeah, and had Cano gone with his only other option (running full-force right into Erstad), you\'d still be saying what a dirty player he was.. whatthefuckever.

Dave, I\'ll hold on to my Red Sox 2004 DVD, sure. Do you know why you cannot hold onto your Yankees DVD? Because it doesn\'t exist, because the last time the Yankees won, VHS was still 100 times bigger than DVD.

false.

but whatever..

A-WFUL