Author Topic: The Official 2005 Boston Red Sox Thread  (Read 77753 times)

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
The ONE and ONLY 2005 Major League Baseball Thread! [MERGED]
« Reply #480 on: October 02, 2005, 04:38:44 pm »
Quote from: stabmasterarson
awfully frustrating watchin this game, schilling is shutting down our bats, and when we do get guys on base we cant get them home. and now its 7-0

and btw they have been talking like its bernies last season with the yanks, this should be his last season EVER.

his contract is up after this season.  he hasn\'t announced any plans to retire.  probably has a lot to do with how this season ends for him.  he may come back next year as a back up center fielder.

stabmasterarson

« Reply #481 on: October 02, 2005, 04:46:21 pm »
he had a good run, he has what six rings, i think he ought to just let it go. almost everyone of his a.b.\'s now is a pop up. although i gotta give it to him for the nice sliding catch today. i\'ve noticed that the catches that used to be routine now get standing ovations and have the players patting themselves on the back. i guess the game aint what is used to be, but i still love it......

so now that the dodgers won, yanks play them tues at 8pm. bosox vs. as wofly calls em the pale hoes, or as i call em the colorless stockings at 4 on tues. 5:07 pm oct. 2, 10-1 sox, i gotta turn this shit off.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 05:07:36 pm by stabmasterarson »

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #482 on: October 02, 2005, 06:36:27 pm »
oh yeah baby.  :biggrin:   Boston -  All - The -  Way
*Gia*

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #483 on: October 02, 2005, 07:16:35 pm »
Quote from: Gordo
i love lamp.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #484 on: October 02, 2005, 10:09:30 pm »
awfully frustrating watchin this game, schilling is shutting down our bats, and when we do get guys on base we cant get them home. and now its 7-0

and btw they have been talking like its bernies last season with the yanks, this should be his last season EVER.

If it makes you feel better, I highly doubt any of the Yankees gave a rat\'s ass about this game.  And way to spit on the greatest Yankee outfielder since Mickey Mantle on his way out.  You just clinched the AL East yesterday and Bernie is one of the greatest Yankees of all time, and all you have to say today is shit about Bernie Williams?  Yikes.  I\'m afraid to see what you\'re gonna say when they lose to the Angels.

stabmasterarson

« Reply #485 on: October 02, 2005, 10:17:03 pm »
no it doesnt make me feel better, and wow, i was just sayin that i feel his career is over, not sayin he wasnt good in the past i dont think you need to bring mickey into this. but interpret how you want interpret. and if they lose to the angels, it means they are a better team.

Wolfman

« Reply #486 on: October 03, 2005, 12:23:51 am »
Oh I\'m bringing Mickey into this.  Great player, coulda been greatest of all time, too bad they had drains in the outfield back then.  

I\'ll bring Babe Ruth inot this too.  His curse is reversed and now working against the Yankees.

stabmasterarson

« Reply #487 on: October 03, 2005, 01:36:05 pm »
might as well bring in mr. october, donnie baseball, and kasey stengel in as well then. imo the mick was the best, not just becuase of his ability but because of his demeanor on the field and off. back in the hayday of alcoholic baseball he really held it together, to bad his liver couldnt take it or we could watch him at the old timers games. who do you feel is the best ever?

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #488 on: October 03, 2005, 02:39:09 pm »
OK Pads/Cards and Angels/Yanks. This is my favorite sport w/ my favorite teams actually in the playoffs together!
I hope everyone realizes I will be posting shit talkin\' posts w/ no real concern for anyone else\'s teams. If I offend your team sorry but they suck. ;)

As to the best player ever? Babe Ruth. Pitching/Hitting and a PIMP ta boot!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 02:45:48 pm by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Wolfman

« Reply #489 on: October 03, 2005, 05:29:09 pm »
who do you feel is the best ever?

Candy Maldonado.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #490 on: October 04, 2005, 05:26:07 am »
Quote from: Wolfman
who do you feel is the best ever?

Candy Maldonado.

:that:

:lollol:
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

« Reply #491 on: October 04, 2005, 03:01:01 pm »
Well it looks like early inning blown opportunities is going to bite the Pads in the ASS! They had plenty of chances to score on Carpenter and blew it. The Cards naturally got on a roll and it is now 8-0 in the 7th. Let\'s rally up Pads!

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #492 on: October 04, 2005, 03:15:14 pm »
hey leeeeith.. ??????

:deadhorse

btw, a man on first with one out and coming out with nothing isnt exactly a missed opportunity.

nice ace Pads. that hurts.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #493 on: October 04, 2005, 03:45:02 pm »
<<< I don\'t know why, but I am a nervous wreck!!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

leith

« Reply #494 on: October 04, 2005, 03:50:28 pm »
Quote from: Gordo
hey leeeeith.. ??????

:deadhorse

btw, a man on first with one out and coming out with nothing isnt exactly a missed opportunity.

nice ace Pads. that hurts.

What game are you watching? They had 2 ON w/ 0 outs and blew it. Eck missed a ball and we did not capitalize. Even so I still think they have a chance. Cards bullpen is not strong and The Pads will show better nxt game.

Mark you r right to be nervous.;)